Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Travelers: Recommendation for a place to live in paradise?

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically some friends of mine and I are interested in getting a place right near the beach that would have just a real easy going way of living... like living in paradise so to speak.

Looking for a beachfront in a place with good weather and nightlife. Preferably a place that not real touristy so that it's easier to have more of a social life instead of just having people there on vacation for the weekend, but even so that wouldn't be too bad I guess.

If anyone knows of an area that sounds like it fits this, would be interested in hearing it. I haven't done any in depth research yet but was thinking somewhere like Hawaii or the Bahamas seems to fit? Any ideas appreciated.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FreeStyleZ said:
Basically some friends of mine and I are interested in getting a place right near the beach that would have just a real easy going way of living... like living in paradise so to speak.

Looking for a beachfront in a place with good weather and nightlife. Preferably a place that not real touristy so that it's easier to have more of a social life instead of just having people there on vacation for the weekend, but even so that wouldn't be too bad I guess.

If anyone knows of an area that sounds like it fits this, would be interested in hearing it. I haven't done any in depth research yet but was thinking somewhere like Hawaii or the Bahamas seems to fit? Any ideas appreciated.
You obviously haven't done any research at all. Hawaii and the Bahamas are pretty touristy.

Mexico is da SHIZNIT. Heard great things about Costa Rica as well. Damn I wanna go back to Mexico.....

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
You obviously haven't done any research at all. Hawaii and the Bahamas are pretty touristy.

Mexico is da SHIZNIT. Heard great things about Costa Rica as well. Damn I wanna go back to Mexico.....
Mexico is tittering on the brink of errupting into full scale civil war between the narco trafficer gangs and the federal government and might actually become a failed state. The army has been deployed in parts of the country and is suffering from mass desertions due to narco trafficer bribery.... I wouldn't recommend going there.

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for feed back, I figured that there were some parts of Hawaii/Bahamas that wouldn't be touristy but maybe I'm wrong. We've lived in Mexico though which was a blast, but we didn't have a place that was near the beach, we were staying in Monterrey, but yeah as someone else mentioned it's not recommended to be going to Mexico right now.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been to Hawaii and that is the most touristy place you can come across unless you leave Oahu. But I would recommend Thailand, it's a lot more fun and the cost of living is really low. There are major tourist beaches, but you can get away from it fairly easily, whether you stick to the mainland or one of the many islands off its beautiful coast. You can also try Australia (where I live), but you'll probably find it isn't that different from California or where ever it is you come from.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first choice is deciding between the US and living overseas. You will always pay more if you live in a US territory, but you will also be safer and have a functional government and social services.

There are 101 beautiful places off the beaten path, but you have to learn to live in a 3rd world country. The roads are full of potholes, sometimes the utilities go off, and the police don't exactly come running when you call them.

I would probably choose any Caribbean island other than Jamaica (horrible crime). I'd rather live in Cuba than Jamaica. Belize is nice, too.