Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Training martial arts and lifting weights in the same day

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Affordable or highway to overtraining?
Im not of those genetically gifted guys that grow muscles just looking at weights or able to withstand endless work so i have a doubt about what to do.

I train in wrestling 4 times a week resting on wednesday and on the week end, would like to lift some weights for strengh and estestical reasons,my plan was to lift on tuesday after dinner and saturday so i would have wednesday and sunday to rest.
Do you think is affordable or would take me down to overtraining especially the double training on tuesday?

Suggestions from guys that lift and train martial arts would be appreciated.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything can be accomplished with proper programming, nutrition and rest.

There is no reason you cant do both of those things and not get big and muscular.

I lift several times a day, EVERYDAY and Im making steady progress whether it be size or strength. I train athletes who train during the day for their sport and then train with me in the evening and they are constantly getting stronger and looking fitter.

The key is training according to how your body feels..."LISTENING TO YOUR BODY"...it use to be cool to say this phrase and then someone thought it was cool to clown on this phrase and now you no longer hear it used at all but it is 100% true.

also lifting does not have to be done in the gym either. Some times just doing something as easy as a few pull ups or push ups or squats throughout out the day is sufficient enough. I use a combination circuit of pushups and sandbang training though out the day in my apt on what most would consider their OFF day.

Modify the intensity of your workouts by how you feel. If you leave a session feeling great and you can do more consider that to be a successful training session. Do NOT I repeat DO NOT push yourself to feel beat up after every training session. That holds especially true for athletes.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The hard part of it would be to see the difference between work enought and not too much,its very hard for me to limit myself.
All the times i go to the gym i feel the need to push it to the limit also because only when i get really tired im able to sleep well,and here it come the problem of resting cause i have some sleeping problems awfully.

Anyway thank you,to know that it's possible stimulate me to find a way to do it.