Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Training for Ice Hockey...help

Reaction score
hey guys. gonna make this short..I don't know a whole lot about training other than some basics but here's my situation. I havent played ice hockey competitively since I was 18. I am 25 now and wanna get back in. Problem is, I am about 15 lbs overweight...Now I've seen alot of stuff on here but it seems mostly geard to "cutting up" and "bulking up". What are some steps to take? I need to regain my stamina, increase muslce strength and flexibility, and improve explosiveness. My upper body and legs really need work. Any suggestions, sites, etc? I searched T-mag but couldn't find anything helpful. And since I still have a few lbs to lose, I wonder if that complicates what I need to do. If you can't help, don't reply to this, if you've ever trained for a sport like this, let me know.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are some great books at your library on training for hockey. I would also highly recommend you buy a pair of inline skates and use those for off-ice training.

hcaz074

Don Juan
Reaction score
make sure to get alot of rest. I read that Tampa Bay has the most off days of any team and they are the most fit.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hcaz074
make sure to get alot of rest. I read that Tampa Bay has the most off days of any team and they are the most fit.
That might be true, but I'm willing to bet that the intensity at which they train on their 'on' days is higher than that of most other teams... nothing in life is cheap.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the reason tampa bay has so many off days is because they don't want dave andreychuk to get a heart attack from overworking, the guy is older then stonehenge.

EclipseGT

Reaction score
Hey man... Sergei Zhlotok just died because of a heart problem :( sad news...

EclipseGT

Reaction score
Didnt Andreychuk retire since he finally won the cup? Not that it really matters I guess, the whole league is "retired" at the moment...