Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Top Ten Rules of Life

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey gents,

so i got to thinking. if you had to give someone 10 pieces of advice to guide them through life what woudl they be? So i wrote up what i thought those 10 pieces of advice would be. obviously i could give 1000 pieces of advice, but i wanted to narrow down the 10 most important ones.

these are the 10 things that people do or don't do which, in my opinion, make the biggest impact on the quality of their life.

moreover, these principles are general principles and can easily be applied to almost any situation regarding a woman.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Top Ten Rules in Life

1. Be an optimist

Your ability to make the world and people do what you want is minimal. really the only thing you have control over is your attitude towards life. and the attitude that delivers the most returns is a positive one. and the truth is that the world is filled with pockets of good and bad things, its your choice to value life because of the good things or to devalue it because of the bad things.

[B]2. Be a realist[/B]

Being an optimist doesn't mean you get to walk across the freeway during rush hour. You must still be realist, which means accepting responsibiity for your actions and realizing that poor decision making leads to negative outcomes.

3. Failure does not exist

Failure does not exist. Failure only exists when you stop trying. Every so called 'failure' makes you stronger and wiser. 'Failing' is perhaps the most important factor in becoming a success. Winners are merely people who are not afraid to lose, and as such they are not afraid to try.

4. Be stoic

Self pity is the primary cause of suffering. when faced with life's obstacles you must have determination to overcome them and believe that you will. the moment you believe you can overcome something you have already won the battle, all that's left is to put the effort in to actually overcome it.

5. the best revenge is living well

there are plenty of people in life who are toxic, which is to say their very presence will fill your life with unnecessary hardship. when such persons do you wrong, the worst thing you can do is wish for revenge. the reason being that this maintains a mental connection to them and allows their toxicity to continue impacting your life. the best revenge is to move on and forget about them all together - refocus your efforts on making your life better.

6. Have self respect

people lose their self respect when they behave in ways that are not aligned with who they really are. the real victim of wearing a mask, faking it, or being a liar is you, because such acts are acts of self rejection. you are rejecting who you are in order to get what you want from people, or to fit in with others, and the cost to that is you lose your own sense of self respect. the less self respect a person has, the more they will attract, and put up with, toxic people and situations in their lives.

7. Let go of the past

holding on to the past is the worst thing you can do. whatever it was, positive or negative, its over. and regardless of whether it was positive or negative, it has lead you to this moment, the present. it has brought you to this point, where you are now in control of how your life unfolds and who you are as a person. let go of the past and take the reigns of your future - no more blaming the past for the present, the future is now a creation of your own making and will come to be in accordance with what you make of it today.

8. Get out of your comfort zone

the problem with getting older is that life becomes predictable. if you want life to be exciting again get out of your comfort zone. be open to new experiences and ideas. embrace the unknown and uncertainty as variables that bring excitment to life. Hope stems from ones attitude towards the unknown. children have hope because children look into the unkonwn future and project a better tomorrow. adults tend to look into the future and see more of the same, and that is purely a function of living a life of routine where nothing 'new' ever happens.

9. Be your own best friend

all relationships in this world are partly parasitic. the opinions others have of you are going to be heavily biased based on the value they perceive you as having in their life. as such, you cannot trust with 100% conviction others opinions. you cannot trust them to always be there for you. as such you must always be your own best friend - which means not allowing others to take advtange of you as well as not beaing yourself up. you must care about yourself as much as you would care for your own children, with the same level of unconditional love.

10. Be what you desire from the world

a man must first be that which he wishes the world would give him. If you want friends and lovers who are kind, caring, nurting, empthatic, honest, etc. - you must first be those things yourself. how can you ask life to give you things that you yourself are unprepared to be first? such a perspective is that of a hypocrite. only when you become the things you long for will they show up in your life from outside yourself.

bonus: have faith

no need to comment on this. either you understand faith and its role in life or you don't. you either have this or you don't. no one can teach you to have faith.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All the points are excellent.

I think #6 is what this site and forum is all about. Especially when it comes to women, dating, and relationships.

You will attract people based on the type person you are portraying. This is why everyone says to make yourself a better person. A "real man". There are many definitions of this but most with a level head understand what it means.

When you have the self respect you become this type of "man" which in turn attracts qaulity people into your life.

I think a lot of people miss this point.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
bonus: have faith

no need to comment on this. either you understand faith and its role in life or you don't. you either have this or you don't. no one can teach you to have faith.
stealth believe-in-jesus post?

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
stealth believe-in-jesus post?
haha nope. just saying that for those who have faith, for them that would be included in the top 10. faith part isnt applicable to everytone.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great points, Joekerr. I can especially relate to #3 & #8.

People ask me what I will do if I fail taking the kind of risks I take. I simply tell them "It doesn't matter, because the only way I'm gonna fail is if I become injured and turn into a vegetable. Otherwise, anything I encounter is merely a temporary setback that teaches me valuable lessons that help me move forward"

I have learned that the BEST things come to me when I step out of my comfort zone. ESPECIALLY when it is accompanied by so called "failure".

Here are a few I would like to add-

1) Every friendship or relationship has a dollar value You won't discover this dollar value until a situation arises that tempts the friendship with an amount that is equal to or greater than your value to the other party. Most people will not be tempted by $20, $100, $1,000, or even $10,000. It has been my experience that once you hit the $100,000 mark, quite a few people will be willing to trade you in.

2) With women and money, there exists a parallel universe. The normal universe is a hostile environment to those who live in the "other" universe. If you are lucky, one day you will wake up and begin to understand that something exists beyond what you know, and you will seek to understand the "other" side. If you are REALLY lucky, you had a parent or some other role model that understands this teach you how to survive in a world that exists in the normal universe.

3) It is impossible to keep up with the Jones's. Set the bar for YOURSELF and once you reach that bar, set it higher.

4) Appearances can be deceiving. Most people aren't making as much money as you think they are. Most people aren't as happy as you think they are. Never assume.

5) Although most friendships are superficial, there are some genuinely good people out there. Learn to recognize and appreciate those who you can truly count on.

6) Keep your expectations in check. ESPECIALLY with women. ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY in the very beginning.

7) Travel. Experiencing different cultures is a magical thing. It opens your eyes to SO many different things.

8) The guy who coined the phrase, "Life is too short to drink cheap beer" is a genius.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
2) With women and money, there exists a parallel universe. The normal universe is a hostile environment to those who live in the "other" universe. If you are lucky, one day you will wake up and begin to understand that something exists beyond what you know, and you will seek to understand the "other" side. If you are REALLY lucky, you had a parent or some other role model that understands this teach you how to survive in a world that exists in the normal universe.
I'm not sure what you are getting at here. Could you explain this some more?

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
haha nope. just saying that for those who have faith, for them that would be included in the top 10. faith part isnt applicable to everytone.
Well, what that really is, is the placebo effect.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can you be both a realist and an optimist at the same time?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luthor Rex said:
I'm not sure what you are getting at here. Could you explain this some more?
Well, being on a site like this I'm sure you know there is a conventional and an alternative way of thinking when it comes to women.....

Money is the same way.

There is a reason why the majority of the wealth is controlled by a small minority, just like how a small percentage of guys get the majority of pu$$y. But that's a topic for a whole other thread.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Life ows you nothing!

2) If you want something go get it!

3) Never ask for favors!

4) Have a gameplan to become rich!

5) Have a gameplan to get great health!

6) Get a gameplan to get laid a lot and have a good social circle!

7) Don't make a problem where there is none!

8) Life is a joke. Take it too seriously and the joke is on you!

9) Anything you can't say no to is your master!

10) If you fail, start working twice as hard.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DrMetallica said:
How can you be both a realist and an optimist at the same time?
Good question and hard to answer.

Being a realist, would be recognizing your position in this world, ie where you are right now...being honest, and knowing yourself, both your qualities and your faults. Nobody is perfect..knowing what to improve on, and knowledge of what you would like to achieve, is a realist.

Being optimist, well, that's when you realize that you can, and should, pursue every dream and goal that you have. Knowing that you can achieve them, if you wish.

Nobody can take an optimistic attitude away from you. With optimism, you have a "can do" attitude, you take action towards your goals...and thus you achieve them, at least some of them. :)

People who are pessimists will sit around and complain will optimists are out there living life to the fullest.

You choose.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
11. Every knee will bow and every tongue must confess, Tim Tebow is GOD!!!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good thread. To which I'll add these:

1. Stick to your guns to the very limit of your ability and endurance. The pain you may suffer in doing so will in no way compare to the pain you will suffer until you get a chance to do so in a similar situation later. It truly is better to die on your feet than live on your knees, but don't be stupid about it either. Keep your cards held tightly to your chest, so to speak. This is essentially a restatement of joekerr's #6.

2. Realize that people -- yourself included -- have limited control over their behavior, governed by limits of brain function and biochemistry. To state one extreme example, it has been shown that certain ultra-violent criminal types have consistent brain function abnormalities, some of which have been cured by exercising said understimulated areas of their brains.

There really is wisdom in the expression "they know not what they're doing," but that does not imply this necessarily excuses what people do. This point is too complex to sum up in a few short sentences. Learn about brain function and biochemistry, especially as it applies to you, and it may benefit you greatly.

3. The world is not black & white, but multicolored. Rarely say words such as "never," "always," "all," "none," etc., because they rarely apply to the situation at hand.

Corollary: Laws and rules are only guidelines, and the truly proper course of action lies in your own heart and honest judgment. But the rules are often necessary, because the mind has a way of twisting this to obtain ill-begotten gains at the expense of others. Observant experience is the way to suss out when you really need the rules.

4. Understand people's motives and use that understanding to make the best of the situation, whatever it may be.

5. The worst mistake of all is to make no mistakes, because the only way to do that is to do nothing.

6. One of the best ways to learn is to teach.

7. Old dogs can learn new tricks. Keep your mind and body active, and you'll be surprised at how well Father Time treats you, barring catastrophic circumstances.

8. This contradicts the very purpose of this thread, but here goes: don't expect to change anybody. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nonetheless, if it's the proper thing to do, lead them to water anyway.

Still, as the great philosopher Yogi Berra said: "If the people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's gonna stop them."

9. While it's important to be a "go-getter," and do things, there's only so much you can do. Prioritize. Put first things first. When you have too much responsibility to handle, either scale down or delegate.

10. It's important to do unimportant things sometimes. Have fun. And get some rest.

Last edited:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Never put off for tomorrow what can be done today

2. never taken advice from someone who isn't in a position you want to be in.

3. keep unhappy and unlucky people out of your life

4. Always have dreams and keep them in front of you at all times. EVery action you make should be with your dreams and goals in mind

5. Stay healthy as possible

6. I'd rather die free than be a fat slave

7. Any woman at any time can be replaced

8. I live my life not to have any regets when I go to sleep at night

9. NO one really gives 2 ****s about your problems even if they say they do. At the end of the day, they have problems to worry about.

10. I would rather be hated and respcted than be liked and looked over.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:

I like this one. You see it everyday!!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I have to disagree with this one. Sometimes the best lessons are to be learned from other people's mistakes and misfortunes, but so very few people do: if they learn from any at all, those tend to be their own.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
I have to disagree with this one. Sometimes the best lessons are to be learned from other people's mistakes and misfortunes, but so very few people do: if they learn from any at all, those tend to be their own.
NO.

A person who is in the position you want to be in will always tell you the sky is the limit

A person who is not in the position you want to be in is going to always give you the same advice.. the limit is the sky.

people who are not in the same position you want to be in do not want anyone to achieve greater heights than they do, it makes them look the mirror. Your friend at work doesn't want to see you truely become the CEO of the company, your friends at home don't truely want to see you get ripped and in shape, as they are fat bastards.

only a complete idiot would take what a person says seriously if they are not in the same position that you want to be in.

When i started my company, my dad used to tell me all the time "man you can always do that later, go to school.. blah blah blah".. not only did he never start a business, he never went to college himself. X on both marks. but I"m going to listen to what he was telling me. My rationale for starting my business so early was that if it was an utter failure, I'm still very young and can go to school, whereas when I get older and go to school, I meet a woman, get kids, and then I end up pushing my dreams back for the rest of my life becuase it's "not the right time".

I don't see he was complaining when I bought him an Escalade for his 45th birthday.

don't get me wrong, I apprcaite the fact that he cares, I love him for that.. but that doesn't make what he was saying right.

And when I decided to be a professional handicapper for a living boy they came out the woodworks...don't eveng et me started.

fat people telling me why I don't need to work out every day, men with no women or ugmo's telling me why I need to 'settle down' with one woman and treat her like a princess, do I need to go on?