Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Top 10 Horror Movies

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is my list. Create your own and post it here...

1. The Hills Have Eyes (Remake)

2. Night of the Living Dead

3. The Thing

4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Remake)

5. Pet Semetary

6. Dawn of the Dead

7. The Descent

8. House of 1,000 Corpses

9. Nightmare on Elm's Street

10. The Omen

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. The Grudge (original)
2. The Eye (original)
3. The Ring (original)
4-10. (random Japanese horror films that starts with "The")

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many won't agree with me but the Saw series is awesome. Very pyschological.....made u have to think to understand what was going along........not to mention those torture scenes.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
Many won't agree with me but the Saw series is awesome. Very pyschological.....made u have to think to understand what was going along........not to mention those torture scenes.
I tried to rep you for that, but I guess I've already repped you too much. Saw movies are great!

They aren't very scary but I'm a huge fan of the Friday the 13th series. Nightmare on Elm St. is good. The Leprechaun movies are just hilarious.

I'm interested in seeing that new Strangers movie that is out

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jerry Maguire said:
You bumming him?

I like 28 Days/Weeks Later

Yah, loved those movies as well !

Not sure what 'bumming' means, but if it means what I think it means, then no, he is not bumming me, b/c I wear a titanium chastity belt just in case noobs try and date rape me.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Nightmare on Elm St

2. The Exorcist (the original)

3. Dawn of the Dead

4. Hellraiser

5. The Thing (the remake)

6. Saw

7. The Shining

8. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)

9. Halloween (the original)

10. Last House on Dead End Street

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most fvcked up and twisted: Hostel

Most sinister and truly freaky: The Exorcist

Best movie: The Shining

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought "The Exorcist" was fvcking hilarious.

Shining was a good movie. The only scary thing were the facial expressions on John's wife though.

However nothing beats "The Hills Have Eyes".

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
>..ehhh some of those movies that you guys put are more about jumping out horror then as opposed to psychological horror.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original)......The original is the best and the remakes just destroy the original anyone who likes the remakes.....sad.

Shining....really really good scary movie

28 days later.....Good movie, just the atmosphere and how they did the film was really good(the sequal was just appalling and destroyed the series only good part was the beginning)

Signs ....the first time you watch it I was freaking out and jumped out of my seat when you see the alien for the first time

Most horror movies are becoming more and more tiring and have either become jump out scenes(Dawn,Descent and most of the remakes) or just become too explicit (Hostel,Hills) and the horror genre is starting to suffer, I mean when is the last time that you were scared BECAUSE of the atmosphere of the movie as opposed to the music suddenly jumping or someone jumping out or some guy gets chopped up and blood sprays out and you can see guts?

A good movie to watch to understand would be shinning..

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Under those circumstances the entire Friday the 13th series still gives me nightmares, as well as Childs Play and Nightmare on Elm Street. The first two Screams have also gave me chills at night. Slashers these days have been taken at face value by the directors and producers; psycho paths killing a bunch of people. What gives the classic slashers value is the whole psychological feeling that these people, no matter how the next victim tries to kill them and escape their grasp, are almost seemingly invincible (until of course the very end where they almost always die).

Though nothing scares me more than a ghost horror. I guess that's why I find asian horror movies the scariest, because they're always based on ghosts.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it me? Cuz half of the time I find myself literally laughing my butt off from scary movies....

The Leprachaun series are hilarious!!!

lmao

:up:

JackRyanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you guys have good taste in horror, the rest of you need work. My top 10, in no particular order:

1.The Thing (remake)- Probably the best remake out of any horror movie. This movie truly captured paranoia, and is one of the few movies with an all male cast.

2.Dawn of the Dead (original)- The best zombie film ever made, in my opinion. An excellent commentary on consumer society; people can be just as dangerous as zombies. The four main actors in this movie are superb.

3.28 days later- An exceptional reinvention of the zombie genre, Boyle hit the mark with this one. The scary part is that a virus is not that hard to imagine happening to us.

4.Halloween- Started the slasher genre, and has one of the most memorable horror themes out there.

5.Evil Dead- A clinic in indy horror, this was Sam Raimi's first feature film. Known for its' innovative camera techniques, over the top gore, and of course, Bruce Campbell.

6.Jaws- This movie made an entire generation of people scared of the ocean, and for good reason. The villain in this movie is real, and can/will kill if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

7.Phantasm- The dream-like atmosphere sells this movie. The movie gives off a unique vibe and feel; this is the mother of all dream/fantasy horror movies.

8.Friday the 13th- Debated against Halloween as the original slasher film, this movie shocked audiences with it's then exceptional special effects, not to mention one of the best twist endings in a horror movie. Mommy's back, and she's out for blood...

9.Suspiria- Dario Argento's masterpiece. What it lacks in plot/character devlopment, it makes up for with it's creepy score, lighting, and atmosphere. One of the best foreign horror films out there.

10. The Excorcist- Named the scariest movie of all time for a reason. When this movie originally came out in , countless people passed out, puked, and were generally scared to death in theatres. One person was literally scared to death, dying of a heart attack during the movie.

That's my list boys, I dare someone to do better!

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Oh man theres too many awesome ones for a top 10, but a few ones that are kick ass in my opinion.

Dog soldiers
An American werewolf in London
Regarde la mer (aka "see the sea" ) [This was so good I was speechless.]
28 days later
28 weeks later
Ravenous [Unique, cool and very underated flick, Damon Albarn's music in it is something else aswell]
The exorcist
The shining
Constantine
Creepshow 2
Dawn of the dead
The thing
The stand

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In order...

1. The Thing remake starring Kurt Russel
2. 28 Days Later
3. Night of the Living Dead 1990 remake starring Tony Todd
4. Silence of the Lambs
5. Red Dragon
6. Saw II
7. Seven
8. The Shining
9. Land of the Dead
10. Poltergeist movies

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just ten? How about a list of movies everyone should check out instead?

Aftermath
Alien
An American Werewolf in London
Army of Darkness
Audition
Bad Taste
Begotten
The Beyond
Beyond the Darkness
A Blade in the Dark
Bubba Ho-Tep
Burial Ground
The Burning
Cannibal Ferox
Cannibal Holocaust
Cannibal! The Musical
Cemetery Man
The Changling
The Church
City of the Living Dead
Creepshow 1&2
Dead-Alive
Dawn of the Dead original and remake
Day of the Dead original
Deep Red
Demons
The Devil's Rejects
Don't Torture a Duckling
Evil Dead 1&2
The Excorcist
Friday the 13th 1-6
Frailty
From Beyond
Guinea Pig series
Halloween 1-3 (especially 1)
Hatchet
House by the Cemetery
House of 1,000 Corpses
Inferno
Intruder
Jacob's Ladder
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
The Legend of Hell House
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Maniac
Meet the Feebles
Near Dark
The New York Ripper
Night of the Demons 1&2
Nightmare City
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Omen original
Opera
Phenomena
Poltergeist
Raw Meat
Re-Animator and Bride of Re-Animator
Redneck Zombies
Return of the Living Dead
Scarecrows
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Sleepaway Camp series
Stagefright
Suspiria
Tenebre
Texas Chainsaw Massacre original and 2
The Thing
Thriller
The Toxic Avenger
Two Evil Eyes
Versus
Zombi 2 (aka: Zombie)
Zombie Holocaust

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know it's been mentioned several times already in this topic but I don't know why it passes over my head. 28 Days Later is the best zombie movie ever made IMO. That movie captures the true feeling of fear of zombies, though I loved its small slice of life moments. There is an abundant of these and what makes it even greater is that it gives that desolate and lonely feel that the main cast is truly lonely in the world.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
10.) Feast (Slither was pretty good too)

9.) Reanimator

8.) The Thing (Kurt Russell)

7.) The Funhouse (this movie will scare the sh!t out of you)

6.) The Boogens

5.) Ginger Snaps (the lawnmower scene says it all)

4.) The Evil Dead (the original)

3.) High Tension

2.) Sepent and the Rainbow

1.) Alien