Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Took the jump and deactivated Facebook...

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know social networking sites get hotly debated on here. Some people like to use Facebook/Myspace as a site to get pick up chicks, while others use it simply to interact with friends they actually know.

I was more in the camp of just using the site to stay in touch with friends. But after seeing how many people are so addicted to it, and realizing how 90% of the info/exchanges on there are useless, I have been seriously considering going away from it.

What pretty much sealed the deal was when a chick I'd been involved with at college removed me as a friend on the site. She and I have a history of on-and-off attraction...most of the problems stemmed from her extremely confused set of religious ideals.

Anyways, I realized how stupid it was that I was quite upset over her "removing" me from her friend list on there...despite the fact that we're still friends in person. I realized how dumb and insignificant the drama is, and that if there is no drama to worry about on Facebook, then my life automatically becomes easier to deal with.

Has anyone else recently gotten rid of Facebook? The only thing I'm a little worried about is that I won't be able to interact as easily with friends who are now scattered across different parts of the globe. But after 1 day without it so far, I'm not going through withdrawl, so I think things are going to be okay.

BigMak87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey thats cool if you made the choice to delete facebook. I know there are so many people of my generation (im 22) that have a slavish devotion to facebook. I myself have experienced the negative effects of it first hand. It mad my first break up that much harder since I was still friends with the girl and had to watch all the updates and pictures of her and her bf on my news feed. Helped exacerbate my case of oneitis for sure.

That being said it can be a nice way to stay in touch with people, and I still have my account open. Like all technology it can be used or abused.

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now just cure yourselves of this place. Its a waste of time for the most part, and wont help you get the only thing you need to be successful with women: Inner Game. it comes with time in the field. This place is more a disease than a help, but most cant see it. And you'll notice the ones who defend it the most are the biggest SS addicts.

The two main types of SS addicts are

1. Guys who know, or pretend to know that they are talking about. They are addicted to feeding their ego's by giving advice.

2. Guys who think they are learning from group 1, and spend all their time reading trying to "figure women out" and never leave their computer.

great, you deleted FB, but now you are here talking about it. So what difference has it really made?

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JCballin88 said:
I know social networking sites get hotly debated on here. Some people like to use Facebook/Myspace as a site to get pick up chicks, while others use it simply to interact with friends they actually know.

I was more in the camp of just using the site to stay in touch with friends. But after seeing how many people are so addicted to it, and realizing how 90% of the info/exchanges on there are useless, I have been seriously considering going away from it.

What pretty much sealed the deal was when a chick I'd been involved with at college removed me as a friend on the site. She and I have a history of on-and-off attraction...most of the problems stemmed from her extremely confused set of religious ideals.

Anyways, I realized how stupid it was that I was quite upset over her "removing" me from her friend list on there...despite the fact that we're still friends in person. I realized how dumb and insignificant the drama is, and that if there is no drama to worry about on Facebook, then my life automatically becomes easier to deal with.

Has anyone else recently gotten rid of Facebook? The only thing I'm a little worried about is that I won't be able to interact as easily with friends who are now scattered across different parts of the globe. But after 1 day without it so far, I'm not going through withdrawl, so I think things are going to be okay.
where people used to call or even text to see if you wanted to go out/do something...etc... they can now do it more easily and lazily on FB, so the problem if you totally remove yourself from FB is that you end up ostracizing (exclusing) youself from your social network, as people dont call/text as much anymore...

Willis

Don Juan
Reaction score
"as people dont call/text as much anymore..."

uhh what?
they dont?

because i dont have a facebook but i get asked all the time "do u have a facebook?"