Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Too well dressed?

Rationale

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Never thought this would be an issue, but anyway.

Been going out a fair bit recently and met a whole lot of new women and whatnot.

However, I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of male attention (I'm a heterosexual male) and other girls have commented that I look gay purely because I'm 'too' well presented.

I tend to roll with very similar attire to this stock image I found (minus the glasses - I hate glasses).
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/trench(1).jpg

My question is, is being too well dressed potentially ruining opportunities for me?

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People may think you're gay but, in all honesty, enough straight guys have been stealing gay style for AWHILE now that showing a female attention will nip that in the bud pretty quick.

Depending on your audience that is. If you're hanging with blue-collar people, hipsters, nerds, whatever you need to blend a little more if you want to score. There are certain times when you can absolutely dress too well.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Doesn't matter how you dress..

You are doign the approach anyway and initiating talking, just don't dress the total opposit of your attitude.

I tend to overdress, but i like it a lot - girls tend to think i am gay, but i am getting laid anyway :)

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
Depending on your audience that is. If you're hanging with blue-collar people, hipsters, nerds, whatever you need to blend a little more if you want to score. There are certain times when you can absolutely dress too well.
Yep, dress appropriately for your audience. It's important to stand out but not like a sore thumb and making people wonder why you're even there to begin with.

Rationale

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair points guys.

I'd say then that I need to dress more the scene, rather than dress like a boss everywhere I go.

Thanks for the input!

Demonicale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a very good thread, and it's true!..

I alway's dress with a smart shirt, and i've been thinking about dressing down abit to a more casual look.

tonight i'll put it to the test :)