Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Too Skinny?

dominikus20

Reaction score
I am pretty thin, i dont have much fat on me. But when I stand normally, above my abs, where my rib cage ends, that part it visible. Its like I have not enough muscle in my stomach area so there is a dent, so you can see where the ribs end. Is this because of lack of fat or lack of muscle? I'm really embarrassed about this and it's hard for me to be around chicks

R1ch4rd

Don Juan
Reaction score
You may be a 70-80%Endomorph. What do you eat? How much excerise do you have? Age? Height?

I would suggest loads of nice fats, cheese, milk, meats, vegs, fruits, sweets, carb full foods. But once again state your stats, and I could help you man.

Following_of_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about it buddy. I look the same way, but I'm strong as hell and I eat more than anyone I know. It's just how some people are built. Work out and stay active, and you won't look too lanky, but being skinny is normal for some people, myself included. I look similar to what you described, but most girls don't really care if you are "too skinny", as long as you are confident and healthy.

And for the record, I'm 6' tall and I only weigh about 150 pounds, sometimes less, sometimes more.

Stblack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am pretty skinny too. It's always frustrating when people complain about being fat because I am sure it's easier to lose weight than gain. I used to have large insecurity issues about being skinny. I'd wear a jacket to cover my arms. I'm not entirely sure how I got over it. I just did.

How much do you weigh? I'm about 5'7 or 5'8 and I weigh 125. Like I said, I'm pretty skinny, but after working out for a year, I actually don't look that bad with my shirt off. Just try to start working out. Nothing too intensive. Eating more will help too. Not much I can tell you bro. Don't worry though. There are others like you. I'm sure I'll always have a small build, but that's not a bad thing. Just remember that no one is perfect. And try to make yourself look better. Knowing that you are at least trying to gain weight/muscle makes you feel a lot better than you think.

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your looks will only affect you as much as you let them

everyone is a reflection of each other...that's why people say one of the main ioi's is when a girl mimics your body language and all that...it means she's trying to connect on a non-verbal level...in buddhist philosophy..it's also one of the basis's for existence

BASICALLY...if you don't let it bother you...no one will notice it as something important...even if a girl does...what difference does it make...there are 3 billion other girls

wj-mchster-92

Reaction score
No worries!

Again, like the guys above im pretty much the same. I was born like that, i'm 16 i do quite alot of exercise and eat loads of foods and alot of them are foods which would make normal people fat! I have quite defined muscles and tight skin, which i guess you will? NOW GIRLS LOVE TIGHT SKIN.. and IF YOU WORK OUT THEY'LL LOVE YOU MORE.

I've never asked a girl what they think about my body but i guess they'll like it quite abit. You have a good body to build up muscle and look even better, ur not fat so clothes will also look good on you. Being skinny... THIS IS 100% NOT THE REASON WHY GIRLS MIGHT NOT LIKE YOU, just be confident about your body its all good.

wj-mchster-92

Reaction score
No worries!

Again, like the guys above im pretty much the same. I was born like that, i'm 16 i do quite alot of exercise and eat loads of foods and alot of them are foods which would make normal people fat! I have quite defined muscles and tight skin, which i guess you will? NOW GIRLS LOVE TIGHT SKIN.. and IF YOU WORK OUT THEY'LL LOVE YOU MORE.

I've never asked a girl what they think about my body but i guess they'll like it quite abit. You have a good body to build up muscle and look even better, ur not fat so clothes will also look good on you. Being skinny... THIS IS 100% NOT THE REASON WHY GIRLS MIGHT NOT LIKE YOU, just be confident about your body its all good.

Don Juan
Reaction score
R1ch4rd said:
I would suggest loads of nice fats, cheese, milk, meats, vegs, fruits, sweets, carb full foods. But once again state your stats, and I could help you man.
Jeez, what are you trying to do: fatten him up or kill him?

I should hope you don't "help him!"

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of teenagers think, I'm so skinny, there's nothing I can do about it, I must have been born that way.

But they forget that, when you are 16, you have just finished your last big growth spurt, and your body needs a while to catch up with the sudden increase in height. Also your testosterone levels reach a peak at around 19 years old, which is when you will really start to build up muscle (Testosterone is a natural steroid - the more the better :) ) You might find it hard to gain muscle then, because you lack the testosterone and your body is still trying to catch up with the growth spurt.

Also your gym technique might be really poor. Some people just go gym, do a few machines, talk most of the time and wonder why they don't gain muscle. A good workout is one where you are almost constantly doing working out and only stopping short periods between sets. I could go on for a long time about gym technique, but I'm sure there's a lot of threads about it.

You may be skinny, but it's not impossible to become well built, you just need to work hard.

R1ch4rd

Don Juan
Reaction score
2.0 said:
Jeez, what are you trying to do: fatten him up or kill him?

I should hope you don't "help him!"

Theres nothing wrong with that. Gaining weight is much easier than losing it. Just eat alot more food, good food aswell. I'm about 6'1 and 190 pounds. I eat loads but I'm not skinny nor fat.

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your probably lacking both. Your strong for your size, but you want muscle not fat. Only way to gain muscle mass is to eat a lot (eat the most possible) and workout frequently.

Looks do matter. If your skinny, the girl will not be as attracted to your body. It's called sexuality, and Pook does a very good job at explaining it. Women will be initially to men who have more muscles rather than skinny guys. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to being skinny when I get big.

I way 130 pounds and I'm 5"8. I'm one of the strongest guys for my size. I don't look very strong though - appearances can be deceiving.

I really recommend going to a gym as I am doing now. I've been going for the 2 weeks and the effects are already noticeable. You can't go wrong by going to a gym. You just have to push yourself hard, you will feel much better about yourself and you will gain lots of muscle mass. I just love the feeling of testosterone and pushing myself to my limits, it makes me feel like a fvcking man.

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the gym a lot, and start eating tons. Protein.

I'm 5ft 6 and 160lbs, and I have a 6 pack, so I got tons of muscle.

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
S.Y.L said:
Go to the gym a lot, and start eating tons. Protein.

I'm 5ft 6 and 160lbs, and I have a 6 pack, so I got tons of muscle.
Yeah, and muscle weights more than fat.

saturos

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's-Me said:
I way 130 pounds and I'm 5"8. I'm one of the strongest guys for my size. I don't look very strong though - appearances can be deceiving.
There is absolutley no way you are physically strong at 5'8 and 130. You might look it because you did heavy short reps for muscle mass, but even then, i doubt you look that ripped because 130 is simply not that: ripped. Muscle weighs more than fat, so i seriously doubt you right now.

In the case that somehow you actually do look muscular, if you only weigh 130, this is simply proof that you did bulk building w/o strength build, and thus you are actually physically weak compared to most people 5'8 who are heavier than you.

Anyways, not to rain on your tirade, just putting in my thoughts based on my knowledge of weight lifitng...

R

RantinRave

dominikus -

It really is up to you. If you let it affect you, it will. I would recommend making some changes though. "Gaining Mass" if you will. Visually you'll look better and your confidence will shoot through the roof. People will notice, guaranteed. Anyway, below is all the stuff I wrote first, because I totally avoided the question. I think it's for the best though and can be insightful if you're looking to make changes. Keep reading below if you want to read my rant....

**** Start of the Rant/Good Information ****

I'm so happy I read your post, because in highschool I was in the same boat as you. I could eat McDonald's all day long and I wouldn't gain a pound. All the while I hear about people that can't lose a pound if they tried and would have to stay away from certain foods. I just wanted to gain a couple pounds so I would look 'normal'.

Keep in mind everybody's body is different and will respond in a different way to what they eat. There's a whole list of why this occurs, but it mostly comes down to genetics. Look at your father, grandfather, etc. See if they have/had the same build at your age. I'm willing to bet it was the exact same.

So what do you do about it? Believe it or not, what Richard said is spot on. You have to eat alot of protein, GOOD carbs (Whole wheat bread, brown rice, etc.), and GOOD fats (flax oil, fish oil, etc.). You also have a probably have a fast metabolism. So you have to eat A LOT. I'm talking six meals a day, every three hours. Right now, it might seem impossible, but there's plenty of people (including me) out there that do this. There's also a term out there called GOMAD - Gallon Of Milk A Day. If you follow those rules I guarantee you'll throw on some weight. That's only 50% of it though.

What's the other 50%? You got to hit the gym man! Three days a week. You build or find a program online that works for you. There's a reason there's thousands of programs out there. What works for one person, won't work for another. And yes, there's alot of good programs and A LOT of bad programs.

I could give you some sites to get you started, but I'm not sure if I can post links on here. Might be against the 'Terms and Conditions'. So I wouldn't want to abuse anything. If you are serious start out with these search terms on Google:

- Hardgainer (that's what you are)
- Anthony Ellis (the original 'skinny guy')
- Gaining Mass / Building Mass
- GOMAD

That should lead you in the right direction if you are serious about making changes. Let us know if this helped out! ... or if even read the rant for that matter!