Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Too shy to approach, any help?

Ashyguy

Reaction score
I am a shy guy who has been coming to these forums for quite some time now. It has only been until recently that I got the balls to join. I am 20 years old, single and have never had sex. After reading quite a few threads on here, I have learned a lot about how to overcome this fear. I am a college student in a college town, so the girls are definitely out there, it's just my shyness that always stops me from approaching them. It's as if I physically cannot do it. My hands begin to sweat, I get a rock in my stomach, and my voice seems to disappear. It's almost like I need to give up. About six months ago I got out of a relationship that I have been in since I was 16. She broke it off with me to find someone who would have sex with her.
I have this female friend at school who really, really seems to dig me, but she has a boyfriend (who does not deserve her) and I am soo afraid of making an advance and getting turned down and losing her friendship as well. Any advice on how to get over my shyness and approach, and also what should I do about the girl situation? We have only been friends for a few months.
Any help would be muuuuch appreciated!

NINJA PIMP

Banned
Reaction score
The root of your problem is definitely your hangups with sex.

What is your problem with doing the nasty? Are you religious? Were you abused?

Sorry if this all seems too personal, but I can't offer any help without understanding the basis of your fear.

SonOfTheMostHigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do the newbie mission a few days a week until your shyness is gone: Say hi to at least 50 to 100 people, especially hot girls, JUST SAY HI, thats it, go find a mall and just do it. Eventually your nervous system will adjust.

Next, you're treating girls as if they are something special... they aren't! First think of them like they were guys, it sounds like you don't have many friends that are girls. I would work on just learning to get used to talking to girls who are strangers and do not go in expecting anything or trying to control their reactions. Do not be outcome based (i.e. get scared if she does something you don't think is good).

You need to be in the moment and just treat her like your little sister, that's the best way I can think of putting it for you. Don't give me this "awww I'm shy" crap, you're RUNNING AWAY FROM LIFE, I know I used to be an expert. I got the degree in it! I've since pushed that degree to honorary status.

The best thing to do is to get pumped:

1) She wants to **** you (always assume girls want you, so go oblige them!!)
2) She wants you to talk to her

So go do it!

Most importantly, go check out her video on how to approach right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRTCbw5mS6o

NickSCFC2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice with girls who are strangers is just smile to them, if they smile back then I reckon you'll have no problem when u get shatting to them.

If they blush when smiling back then you can tell straight away that they fancy you.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Ashyguy, you sound like I did a few years ago. The first thing you need to work on is getting rid of your shyness / fear of women. Before you start worrying about approaching girls you need to get used to talking to new girls.

The easiest way to do this is to talk to girls in your classes. It doesn't matter how hot or not they are, just talk to them. Ask them what they think of the class, how their weekend was, what they like to do, their majors and stuff like that. Do not think about getting with these girls your only goal is to simply talk to them for a few minutes.

As for a female friend who has a boyfriend. Well all you can do is talk to her like a friend. Unfortunately I don't know how to get girls to leave their current boyfriend for somebody better, you.

I also suggest talking to different girls each time. I've gotten kind of stuck talking to the same girls each day and even though they are the hottest girls in each class it is best to talk to different people.

Ashyguy

Reaction score
Ninja---

It's not that I am religious, my first (and last) girlfriend was really religious and she insisted that we never have sex, because I was sooo in love with her, I obliged and we only did "christian" type relationship things except for an occasional 69...
So, 6 months ago she decided that she was ready to have sex, but wasn't interested in trying it with me because she knew I didn't have the experience...so she up and left me for another friend of ours who has been known to bring a new girl home from the bar every weekend...but that is a whole nother therapy session.

Ashyguy

Reaction score
SonoftheMostHigh----

Thanks for the advice about smiling at strangers...I really like that. I will try it tomorrow.

As for how I view girls, I was raised in the south by a single mother, so yah I was always taught to respect girls unless they do something to not deserve it.

SonOfTheMostHigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ashyguy said:
SonoftheMostHigh----

Thanks for the advice about smiling at strangers...I really like that. I will try it tomorrow.

As for how I view girls, I was raised in the south by a single mother, so yah I was always taught to respect girls unless they do something to not deserve it.
From this day forward: People must earn your trust, don't assume anything. You have to understand that women are no different from most people, they are not perfect. Do not be hoodwinked by their good looks, think of a beautiful girl as if she was an ugly one that you wanted to get to know... because some beautiful girls are VERY ugly and you don't want to be anywhere near them (they are bat**** crazy!) I know I have a sister and I feel sorry for the poor sap who will get stuck with her.

I began as a loving, kindhearted, timid boy, and I kept getting hurt because each person is born with a different identity, they have different instincts and things they value. While I valued being kind, timid and meek. Other people value assertiveness, gregariousness, and even violent edgyness. I finally came to realize, people have to earn your respect. (I wrote this below btw):

A little about moi? I am an authoritarian ascendant, I have learned hard lessons in my life that being totally honest and treating everyone with respect gets one nowhere fast. So due to the extenuating circumstances in my life, I have become a king of the beasts we call mankind. People have to earn my respect and my trust, I have no time for petty people and the small minded. Life is to be enjoyed, people are to be respected only on the condition they show me that they are worth my respect and trust through actions. Everyone uses words to get what they want by saying what people want to hear, I am not one of these people. I am straight up and I'd just as soon ask you to have sex as I would ask you to dance. If you don't think thats socially appropriate, I guess thats tough. You're not strong enough yet to let go of civil prejudice and be honest. Especially when we look at others with lustful eyes but dance around the issue flirting and whatnot, if I think you're gorgeous you'll know it but I am no doormat or bootlicker either, just because you have looks doesn't mean you'll earn my respect or trust. I've been burned one too many times placing my deep level of trust and respect in people and they've always shown me they were never mature enough or knew themselves well enough to handle it. So, are you game for someone who has a backbone and won't do whatever you want, whenever you say it? Are you ready for someone to lead you and take you places you've never been and submit yourself to my authority? If this sounds like you, give me a ring. If not, keep looking. My motto for life is that: I will not be contained by you or anyone on this earth. I do not acknowledge authorities that have no merit to me.

Now after reading that just remember, don't take the dating and relationship life too seriously. Try to think of women as lovable people who are total flakes (i.e. enormously inconsistent). Women will say one thing and do another, so you have to place more emphasis on looking at how she reacts to you and not on words.

Most people in this world do not know themselves, so their words cannot be trusted 100%. You'll find this out as you get older and grow into a more mature perspective exposing yourself to different people.

Start viewing women at first as overgrown children (like your sister who's such a retard) unless they prove you otherwise, as an exercise try imagining each woman as the girl your looking at was your daughter for some perspective, you should know if you have women in your own family that women can be total dip****s, so you have to be the power (i.e. totally male), and not be seduced by her looks, or simply: Do not be blinded by her looks.

Go read Pooks post "The secret of the jerk"