Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

too good looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus,

So the next best thing (if you are not active yourself) is to support your brothers in THEIR pursuits, namely self improvement, here in the area of personal relationships. It seems like you are feeling a bit down on yourself, and want to drag everyone down with you (not consciously of course). Bring everyone else up. When you support others, others will support you.

Take it easy,

Wolf

Lead Salad

Reaction score
Great Thread

This has been a very informative read for me and I wish to thank all you for your insight

Reaction score
I agree with Norpacwolf, he seems like the most resonable guy on this thread.

Zerotwoonenine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lucky bastard

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just the other night, while sitting at a bar next to a true hottie, I heard her talking to her sister on the phone. She said, "...I'm sitting next to a gorgeous guy... you should come here, fast!" I was the only guy she was sitting next to. I took this as a cue and started flirting. She stuck around all evening, but like most seemed aloof. Later, thinking that she wasn't interested, I got up and left. She came to me and asked why I went away.

Anyway, I've wondered about this paradox and finally got the courage to ask you guys this question. Is it possible for a guy to be good looking enough that women put on airs? If so, how can I overcome this?
FOOL!
You have to do the initiating!

What do you expect her to do when you're in bed with her?
Grab a dildo and fucck you in the ass?

Same goes for everything with women. You have to make the moves ;)
Damn, you sure are fortunate. That's about as easy as it gets.

I used to think this too. Think shiit like: "why don't they make any moves? why are they acting so shy?" while I was being a cold Mofo not giving them any clue that I was interested in them. Truth is: When women are attracted to you they fear rejection even more than you do when you're attracted to a woman. You can overcome this. Just learn how to get them comfortable and attracted to you, have fun with them and make your moves. It's easy and enjoyable too.

Peace, Brother, go get em

PS:
Consistent FR's are for nerds. Nobody has to 'prove' anything around here. If you label interactions with women and write reports about all of them and go out with intentions to make FR (and say that others have to post them), you're a geek, period. You can draw your conclusions on your own and you have better things to do with your time. I don't need to prove my ideas by 'approaching 11 HB7-8's and @/#/kiss - closing X amount of them' FR. I have a satisfied girl in my bed, that's all I need to know. Just my opinion.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PaleRider said:
I don't know how to ask this without appearing arrogant. I hope I don't come off that way.

Is it possible for a guy to be too good looking to talk to ladies? I'm always being told, after the fact, that such and such a lady thought I was "gorgeous," or something to that effect. Several times I meet a hottie I new long before and she tells me something like "...I always thought you were great looking and had a crush on you, but was too shy to ask." Well... I would NEVER have guessed shy!

Most women act distant, aloof, haughty and arrogant around me when I first meet them. I always have gotten an impression that they don't like me. Then, after the fact, I find that many *do* like me, alot. In fact, almost every "girlfriend" I've had has been a woman who called me. I don't seem to have great luck when I do the initiating.

Just the other night, while sitting at a bar next to a true hottie, I heard her talking to her sister on the phone. She said, "...I'm sitting next to a gorgeous guy... you should come here, fast!" I was the only guy she was sitting next to. I took this as a cue and started flirting. She stuck around all evening, but like most seemed aloof. Later, thinking that she wasn't interested, I got up and left. She came to me and asked why I went away.

Anyway, I've wondered about this paradox and finally got the courage to ask you guys this question. Is it possible for a guy to be good looking enough that women put on airs? If so, how can I overcome this?

Man... I hope I asked this the right way! I can't figure why I see so many ladies checking me out, smiling, etc., but turning to ice when I say hi. I don't throw out cheese lines, so I know it's not that. Then, much later and after I've disappeared I find that they really liked me but became "shy." Why? These aren't dog girls, either. Most are very, very hot. That's what's so surprising and confusing.

Hope you help!
yeah, this happens to me too alot. Af first I thought she was a stuck up *****, then Id hear it from someone or after being around her for a while that she likes me and thinks im hot. At first, I thought that if a girl thinks your hot, she'll show it, otherwise she will express no interest. It took me a while to realize that women get intimidated when they see a hot guy and act uptight and aloof. Its like they get self concious and dont want to "feel lke theyre stairing too much" or "make it obvious" just alot like guys do when they see a hot girl. Eventually I finally realized that women, like men, will get self concious and get uptight and they will appear as if they dont want or like you when theyr around a guy they think is really hot.

In fact, Ive learned that the women that do show interest out of the women that think you are hot are the exception, not the rule. women normally will come across as indifferent. And its difficult to tell the ones who are hiding it from the ones who just honestly dont think your hot. men are the same way.

This also made me realize even more how similar women are to men, we do have alot of very similar behaviors when it comes to mate selection behavior etc.

Reaction score
whats up with the heated arguments in the looks debate threads? ive noticed that there are a core 5 or so members who just attack one another constantly. a couple of them are really incoherant as well, just attacking grammar and sh1t. its lame

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my favorite thread to read for a good laugh every day! Of course looks matter but the only person you can be too good looking for is yourself in the mirror! Damn I'm lookin sexy

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
persiangino said:
This is an interesting phenomenon that unfortunately only a few will understand. Before I tell you my story I will need to brag a little. I am 5’11, firm and toned, dark features, naturally tanned etc. and have been offered to do modeling on two occasions. Now it’s time for you too feel bad for me lol. High school was a traumatizing experience for me because I was lacking social skills and was oblivious of my good looks. Males would pick on my looks and would tell me I was ugly. What kind of guys? A variation of SHORT, UGLY, FAT, ACNE-FACED ones. Girls seemed timid and angry around me. Ugly girls would accidentally, get this now, bump into me so they could say “ewwww.” These are only a few examples, and although I was good at making it seem like it didn’t faze me, it still had a psychological effect on me. It was only around 11th grade that I started to understand everything. Groups of girls would gather around my locker every day and say things like “He’s so hot,” “He’s gorgeous,” “He’s so sexy” etc. I thought I was going crazy cause when I looked at them they would just stare ‘above’ me or to the ‘side,’ never directly at me. Groups of girls at lunch would SIMULTANEOUSLY stare at me and I wouldn’t pay them any attention thinking it was a normal occurrence for every guy lol. However, after my great awakening towards the end of my high school years, I went through a perfectionist phase to improve every aspect of my life. The more I experienced obvious jealousy the more I reinforced myself mentally and in every other way. Now people know that I know. If any random person hates you for anything then know you’re probably doing something right. Although high school was a traumatizing experience for me, I’m happy to say my confidence is at an all time high now and I’m better looking then ever :flowers:
Uhh...POST YOUR PIC AND WE'LL TELL YOU IF YOU'RE REALLY "TOO GOOD-LOOKING." :rolleyes:

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus, I told you before and I'll say it again. I think you're wasting time in these threads. There are just a bunch of guys who feed off the arguments and won't change their minds even when other people are obviously right.
Guess that's too bad....

@lame ass posters:
Well, buddy's. Let me tell you a little secret. I'm good looking too. OMG, isn't that something. I score an 8.6 on hot or not. So I really am THE REAL DEAL. Guess what? I still had problems with women in the past. But I solved them. You want to know how?
I suspect.....
the women....
changed....
their minds!!!!!
Isn't that awesome! All of a sudden they shifted and thought: "Hey, what a minute, that Holland is a fuucking handsome stud. I have to feel attracted to him. Wow, you know what, I'm gonna walk over to him and ask him if he wants to fuuck!"
Just like that. Wow, that was awesome.

:crackup:

Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
No idea, man. I've tried to reason them out of the constant onslaught of petty personal attacks, but it seems there's no convincing some into having a rational debate. =/
Well...sorry to say but I was including you in those 5 people. But I should say I value your opinion and thoughts even though I disagree with them often. You don’t seem to attack others with name-calling, but you are guilty of baiting them with the grammar attacks. But its cool I guess, you gotta do what you gotta do. I just don’t see why you don’t work on trying to become a better DJ instead. But like I said, whatever you gotta do.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holland said:
Deus, I told you before and I'll say it again. I think you're wasting time in these threads. There are just a bunch of guys who feed off the arguments and won't change their minds even when other people are obviously right.
Guess that's too bad....

@lame ass posters:
Well, buddy's. Let me tell you a little secret. I'm good looking too. OMG, isn't that something. I score an 8.6 on hot or not. So I really am THE REAL DEAL. Guess what? I still had problems with women in the past. But I solved them. You want to know how?
I suspect.....
the women....
changed....
their minds!!!!!
Isn't that awesome! All of a sudden they shifted and thought: "Hey, what a minute, that Holland is a fuucking handsome stud. I have to feel attracted to him. Wow, you know what, I'm gonna walk over to him and ask him if he wants to fuuck!"
Just like that. Wow, that was awesome.

:crackup:
hate to burst your bubble, but the mean score on hot or not is around 8.5 . THeres a big misconception that 5=average when interpretting hot or not scores, alot think 8.5 is good looking. 8.5 is the mean score, your only 50th percentile, so if you score 8.5, your really just average looking. a score of 5 is fugly. below 5 is so horribly ugly.

tough wakeup call.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@godofgetlaid
The fact that you even took that post serieus says more than enough. "Tough wake up call"... This sub-board is getting more funny everyday LOL :whistle:

Ow and beside that, the fact is that you're also wrong. The calculations are measured how they size up to each other. (since there are so many moron's visiting the site just giving people random numbers, they have to figure out a way to filter that stuff out).
"8.6
You are hotter than 84%
of men on this site!"

But who cares, the whole emphasis of that post was that looks do not matter, but you failed to see that due to some lack of intelligence (hate to burst your bubble) I guess.
In that post I used my score on hot or not as a joke, not as proof that I look good. I only have to look in the mirror to know that. Tool!

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot or Not? LMAO

Old,balding men, in sunglasses outside with their dog get 8+'s

i Hope you're joking... that's one of the dumbest sites ive seen

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
persiangino said:
Hot or Not? LMAO

Old,balding men, in sunglasses outside with their dog get 8+'s

i Hope you're joking... that's one of the dumbest sites ive seen
Thats why Im right when I say 8.5=average on hot or not. lol

8.5 dont mean attractive. If you get around 8.5 score, you should be offended, thats not good.

a 9 point something is where kind of cute begins on hotornot

Holland seems to think otherwise. :kick:

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The kid who got nominated the best looking in our school got an 8.2 on that site. He's a model. Again, does it make any sense that old, balding men have scores higher then him? That site is pure BS

Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I'll tell you what, dude...I gave you the benefit of the doubt at first, because I didn't know you. But each time you keep hammering this whole thing home, I get more and more convinced that you're trying to persuade YOURSELF more than us. Truth doesn't need to be sensationalized with such comments as "upscale cafeterias" (what do they serve, filet mignon and lobster?), or "people think I'm crazy when I try to explain to them how two dozen girls let their food get cold while they all stare at me Village of the Damned style". You think you're great-looking? Cool. Keep it up. But let's stay grounded; the other side of the looks debate is just waiting for you to step off the deep end and say something like "all I have to do is sneeze and HB's will line up to lick the mucous off my hand if it increases their chances of getting my phone number".

Another example of his insanity. In the same post he says that truth does not need to be sensationalized, then he takes what he thinks is truth and does what? -Sensationalizes it. :nono:

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
I get alot of looks, but I am always too shy to approch

What is the most annoying (and I always beat myself up afterwards) is when a girl is smiling at me and always getting a chance to glance at me and I do NOTHING.

Another time women dont even look at me but occasionly looks towards my directions like theres something behind me then in a split second give me a stare that lasts for 6 seconds.

WTF.

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
These women are honestly, for lack of a better word, stupid. Do what I do: completely ignore them.
But i LOVE teasing them :D

esp when I walk past them and wink at them, I intimidate the **** out of them :D

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
But you just said that they annoy you, and you beat yourself up after doing nothing? Maybe you should talk to them instead of winking, I dunno.
Well, I have a very AFCish mentality thinking that the women will approach me.....(which hardley ever happends).

I think I tease them because I am still abit immature in that sense, but I wink beacuse I want them to know I am approchable? Something like that man....I dont know....I am still an AFC, thats why I am here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.