Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tony Soprano gets sh%t tested

timmylivingalie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Watching the Sopranos the other night they been showing the reruns. Back when they first came out I was a horrible afc and didnt notice it but His wife and girlfriends get over on him alot.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
I agree.. but still a lot less than on most men.

Since Tony was a "Mob Boss" and a "sociopath"... yet he was still the main character.... the writers had to find ways to humanize him and make him likable to the audience.

This is why we see his soft spots and catering to women's bullsh!t so often. Notice he had a female psychiatrist? What the hell? And if you watched all the seasons you'll see that other characters in the show (including his wife and son) had to see psychiatrists also.. and they were always male psychiatrists... Tony is the only one with a female if I remember correctly.

Tony definitely had a soft spot for women. He had a little white knight in him.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've seen the entire series probably 8 or 9 times. if you pay attention to the show despite his job as mob boss, tony actually has quite low self esteem. what reason does he have to not have low self esteem? he's fat, his mom was mutually and verbally abusive, and his father loved his older sister more than he loved him.

Tony is the perfect example of a guy who spends money and does stuff so he can feel better about himself.

There are a few on the show who picks up how he ticks and that despite the exterior persona that he is a hurt AFC... his cousin Tony seees right through it as does his shrink and Hesh .

you say that the writers are catering and trying to make him human but in reality, there is nothing really alpha about im outside of his job. he can't raise a son his son is hot garbage, he has no real friends, he's not stupid but he's not particularly bright he's lazy.. you ever notice how he hears something and soon after he uses it even if the advice or phrase or quote doesn't fit... it's a running joke on the show.

Tony is what Rollo would call a Contextual Alpha

http://rationalmale.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/the-contextual-alpha/

When he meets a woman that has high self esteem he becomes a child. The woman from Italy (who was smoking hot), his therapist, the woman with the one leg who he ****ed and told him that she coudlnt' do it with him anymore beucase he was too sad all the time

there is only one real DJ / Alpha male on the show and that's Chris Motolsonti. Chris would be a real life DJ dude has just about perfect game / frame. I Mean lose the drugs or what not but even after aide he has NO problems finding good looking women and getting them to fall for him.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
i've seen the entire series probably 8 or 9 times. if you pay attention to the show despite his job as mob boss, tony actually has quite low self esteem. what reason does he have to not have low self esteem? he's fat, his mom was mutually and verbally abusive, and his father loved his older sister more than he loved him.

Tony is the perfect example of a guy who spends money and does stuff so he can feel better about himself.

There are a few on the show who picks up how he ticks and that despite the exterior persona that he is a hurt AFC... his cousin Tony seees right through it as does his shrink and Hesh .

you say that the writers are catering and trying to make him human but in reality, there is nothing really alpha about im outside of his job. he can't raise a son his son is hot garbage, he has no real friends, he's not stupid but he's not particularly bright he's lazy.. you ever notice how he hears something and soon after he uses it even if the advice or phrase or quote doesn't fit... it's a running joke on the show.

Tony is what Rollo would call a Contextual Alpha

http://rationalmale.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/the-contextual-alpha/

When he meets a woman that has high self esteem he becomes a child. The woman from Italy (who was smoking hot), his therapist, the woman with the one leg who he ****ed and told him that she coudlnt' do it with him anymore beucase he was too sad all the time

there is only one real DJ / Alpha male on the show and that's Chris Motolsonti. Chris would be a real life DJ dude has just about perfect game / frame. I Mean lose the drugs or what not but even after aide he has NO problems finding good looking women and getting them to fall for him.
Awesome analysis of the characters and pretty spot on. I agree that Tony was only an Alpha by situation because of his position in life. His personality was sensitive, butthurt and beta. He killed Ralph over a horse! Come on man.. talk about personal. That's not good business.

In many ways Christopher was the opposite of Tony. He was a beta by situation but an alpha inside. He was emotionally tougher than Tony by far and a lot more ambitious. But he still had a tendency to overreact to sh!t and fly off the handle.

I always got the feeling that Tony was intimidated/afraid of Christopher. There was always a tension and discomfort between them that didn't make much sense. What it likely came down to was Tony feeling somewhat emasculated by Christopher. At the same time, Christopher sensed Tony was weak inside, but he had to bow down to him because of his position and this made him resentful. This is why I think Tony killed him for no reason.

Chris would be an easy alpha if he was Mob Boss.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember when this show was out I was dating a HB7. She said once that she would bang Tony Soprano. I asked why (assuming he wasn't good looking). She said "because he's a mob boss!! Powerful man!" Haha chicks.

timmylivingalie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was watching it the other night and carmella pushes him into investing a large sum of money into some type of scam her cousin came up with. He says something about how he only did it to make her happy and she really gets mad.