Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Today's Music is TOO Predictable

Status
Not open for further replies.

K B

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what is really bugging me lately about today's music? It is all too predictable. Almost ALL of the new music out today is: 1.) a rapper or black artist, or 2,) some white artist "FEAUTURING" some rapper or black artist. How often do you see a rapper or black artist "featuring" any white artist? Never. There are lots of goods songs out there and it often seems like the "rap" part of it just doesn't seem to fit with the song. The same thing is true with the videos. Almost all of the new videos have the white artists singing with, dancing with, or "FEAUTURING" a rapper or black artist. I have YET to see a black artist of ANY kind have any white dancers or characters in their videos. It looks like "diversity" is coming from only one side. This is just my observation...if you think I am crazy, just turn on the radio or watch VH-1 or MTV. It is all SO PREDICTABLE.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
...And?

Rap is dominated by black artists. That's how it is. So what? Its their creation, and its meant for them anyway. Do you see lots of great white rappers? No.

So what's your point?

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you're probably right, but the mythical "black artist featuring white artist" songs do exist in mainstream music:

There's Gwen Stefani:
Pharrell ft. Gwen Stefani - that song where it goes "can i have it like that"

Then there's everyone else:
Royce da 5'9" ft. Eminem - Rock City
Sticky Fingaz ft. Eminem - What if I was white
Jay-Z ft. Eminem - Renegade
Dr Dre ft. Eminem - Forgot about Dre
50 Cent ft. Eminem - Patiently Waiting
ANYONE ft. Eminem - something where they rap about completely different things using the same BPM backing track and cut and paste it together.

I used to listen to this stuff :).

gmillar

Don Juan
Reaction score
How often do you see a rapper or black artist "featuring" any white artist? Never.
You are stupid. I could list hundreds, probably thousands, of popular song by "rappers or black artists" that "FEATURE" white artists. Since I'm strapped for time, take a look at Common, or Kanye West. It might not be as common as white artists featuring black artists, but it happens alot.

Also... I don't get your point either. So there are noticeable trends in the demography of the music industry... so? The same is true for any industry.

K B

Don Juan
Reaction score
My point is, Ace of Flames and gmillar, it is PATHETIC that the white artists these days have fallen all over themselves to include "rap" or "soul" music in their songs and videos, while the black artists have done almost NOTHING to include white artists in "their creation." To give just one example, I really dig the new song from The *****cat Dolls, "Buttons." I guess they felt that it wouldn't be any good unless they get Snoop Dog in there to rap a few dumb lines. The rap just does NOTHING to help the song. In fact, it makes it choppy and uneven. Another is "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake "featuring" Timbaland. The song is great, and Timbaland is credited in the song even though all he does is say a couple of words. Yet he gets multiple shots in the video, and he is credited with the entire song. I am getting pretty tired of the same old PREDICTABLE arrangement.

Can't Think of a User Name...you really only gave me ONE example...and I have never even heard of Pharrell ft. featuring Gwen Stefani. All the rest of your examples are black/rappers featuring ONE guy, and that is Eminem. And we all know that Eminem does not really represent the average white person.

You are stupid. I could list hundreds, probably thousands, of popular song by "rappers or black artists" that "FEATURE" white artists. Since I'm strapped for time, take a look at Common, or Kanye West. It might not be as common as white artists featuring black artists, but it happens alot.
Hundreds or thousands? I don't think so, buddy. There may be a FEW black artists/rappers out there "feauturing" a white artist, but you have to admit that is nowhere NEAR the amount of white artists "featuring" a black artist or rapper. Stupid? I have been watching the videos on VH1 almost every morning before I go to work for the past year, so don't try to tell me I am crazy.

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
K B said:
Another is "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake "featuring" Timbaland. The song is great, and Timbaland is credited in the song even though all he does is say a couple of words. Yet he gets multiple shots in the video, and he is credited with the entire song.
Timbaland is a writer/producer, if he is credited with the song it is probably because he wrote/produced it.

Hundreds or thousands? I don't think so, buddy. There may be a FEW black artists/rappers out there "feauturing" a white artist, but you have to admit that is nowhere NEAR the amount of white artists "featuring" a black artist or rapper. Stupid? I have been watching the videos on VH1 almost every morning before I go to work for the past year, so don't try to tell me I am crazy.
Taking into account your preoccupation with skin color, crazy seems like the wrong word.

K B

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all just getting OLD. I wonder why the rappers today refuse to reach out to the Hard Rock Gods out there and record a rap song "FEATURING" some Heavy Metal guitar or drum solos? Wouldn't that be different and a breath of fresh air!

Timbaland is a writer/producer, if he is credited with the song it is probably because he wrote/produced it.
Alright then. I wonder why everyone seems to be breaking their necks to get these rappers/black artists to write/produce their songs? It is nothing new for artists to co-write with another artist, but all of a sudden it seems that all of the artists these days can't record a song co-written with some rapper without having that rapper get credit for the entire song and star in the videos. For example, Janet Jackson's song "Black Cat" was actually written by Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue, but you did not see it referred to as "Janet Jackson featuring Nikki Sixx" with Nikki Sixx playing a Heavy Metal bass solo and dancing with Janet Jackson. I just think the whole "Featuring" thing is getting kind of old and PATHETIC.

Taking into account your preoccupation with skin color, crazy seems like the wrong word.
Ahh...of course. What is so wrong with making an OBSERVATION? I CHALLENGE you or anyone else who thinks I am over-reacting to turn on the radio or watch any new music video. Watch and honestly observe, and you will see that I am right. And to take it one step further, watch the majority of the videos by the white female artists. Almost ALL of them have black dancers and black characters or "feature" a black rapper in their video. Now, go and watch ANY music video by a rapper or black artist and count the number of white dancers, characters, or how many times they "feature" any white artist. The answer in NONE! Go and see for yourself.

Wee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who the hell are they going to feature. One of the only mainstream rappers that is white is Eminem. That makes the rap industry about 98% black people. So what? The amount of times a white person is featured in a black rappers video is proportional to the amount of white rappers currently in the industry. Maybe if it was 50-50 between the races, you could get mad, but there are more black rap artists so naturally they will be featured in the most videos. Don't be a dumbsh*t.

K B

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a very CUTE name you have there, Wee. I just told you who they could feature, if you would pay attention.
You are getting too emotional and are missing the whole point: There are MANY white artists (probably more than rappers) that manage to write plenty of mainstream songs out there, but they all feel that they have to work some sort of rap into it or get a rapper included to produce it or be "featured" in it. On the other side of the fence, hardly ANY black artist/rapper will record a rap or soul song and work some mainstream rock (or whatever they are calling that junk they call music) into their songs. For example, do you REALLY think Timbaland will "feature" Justine Timberlake in any future song? What about Snoop Dog? Do you think he will "feature" The *****cat Dolls in any song? Wyclef John, do you think he will "feature" Shakira in any of his songs? I think we all REALLY know the answer.

This is not JUST about rap; I am talking about who is "featured" in the videos. Again, watch ANY video by a white female artist, and 95% of the time, she has somebody black in it she is dancing with, or singing with. Now watch any black video, be it a rapper OR a soul singer. Count how many white faces you see in their videos.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who the fvck cares if they're black or white? You either like the music they make or you don't.

Threads on skin color piss me off along with other people on this board. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.