Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To vasectomy or not?

Have a vasectomy or not?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe, it depends

Results are only viewable after voting.

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm also confident about not having kids, but still linger a lot. Haven't read anything about complications, during my research. My thoughts:
  • It would reduce anxiety and improve one’s sex life
  • There’s something very unmanly about being castrated
  • There’s something “potent” about at least being able to reproduce
  • One would lose some girls because they go “Oh, well then there’s no reason to stick around”. I guess they’re few and one doesn’t have to tell them about the vasectomy.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in my early 40's. Even as a teenager I knew I never wanted kids, in fact my high school sweetheart and I broke up over it. As a guy with some money, I'm thankful none of the girls I've banged without a condom got pregnant. Most have been on BC. I've had some that would get mad if I wanted to use a condom and they knew I had money so it seemed like a trap to me. I've also had some who told me they were fixed and I used a condom anyways. To an extent, I was emotional sometimes the way I did it, sometimes I just wanted to bang without a condom and only after a few times asked if they were on BC....so I got lucky most had an IUD or were on the pill.

I'm about to retire early. Having kids would ruin that. I've been thinking about having the procedure since 2020. But...earlier this year I met a girl who I actually thought was worth having a family with. Turned out NOT to be the case. It made me re-think having the procedure, as in, what if I meet someone who is amazing down the road and she passes because I can't have kids and she wants them?

I had thought about mitigating this by having sperm frozen, since the reversal procedure is not always effective. It is apparently 95% effective if fairly recent, but about 65% effective it's been 20 years since the procedure. It's $20 a month to store frozen sperm.

I also thought about becoming a sperm donor so I could pass my genes off that way without dealing with the issues, but...all the clinics seem to have an age cutoff of 39....at least in my area.

Having kids would currently derail my retirement plans. If I had them in 10 years, no issue, as the money would be soooo much that having kids would be no issue. The big worry though, is if it doesn't work out between me and the mother and I have to pay ridiculous sums of child support to her, which doesn't really go to the kid(s) so much as funding her lavish lifestyle for her and her new guy.

I'm of the OPINION that having kids or a wife in this day and age is a bad idea and it might just be worth it to have the procedure. I have a pretty good shot at reversal, though the procedure is 5-15K currently to reverse. Not a big deal though. Worst case scenario though, I have the frozen sperm to fall back on. Thoughts? Do it or not? Why or why not?
You and your HS squeeze were already that serious about kids?

davidsonj73

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want kids either.
1. I'm wondering how painful it is on a scale of 1 to 10?
2. Also, what percent of women who want to get married do you think would be willing to get married on the condition that they first have tubal ligation?

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
2. Also, what percent of women who want to get married do you think would be willing to get married on the condition that they first have tubal ligation?
Almost zero. By and large, even the most Woke of women are biologically hardwired to think and behave like this chick, at least when it comes to the subject of bearing offspring

5:19-forward

By contrast, very few red-blooded heterosexual males are craving multiple kids and marriage as twenty or even thirty somethings. Kids have to grow on us, once they occur