Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To the Guitar Players

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To the fellow guitar players:

What kind of gear you guys have? What kind of music you really dig? Got any songs to share?

I usually play a long of blues rock and I'm learning jazz guitar at the moment. I dread punk rock and sh!tty metal. They're fun to listen to sometimes, but as far as playing them I find them really redundant. I have a Gibson LP Standard with a fender hot rod deluxe amp. If you guys wanna hear some of my jams let me know. Keep real rock alive.:rockon:

Last edited:

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been playing metal for the longest time. I recently sold a bunch of gear and now mostly play a Jackson USA DK1 and KV2.

Right now I've got VHT Pitbull head. I used to have an ENGL Savage 120.

I'm mostly into metal but am actually starting to play slide blues alot.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Classic rock and alternative for me. On the Gibson side I have a '67 Les Paul and a '77 Explorer, on the Fender side I have a '79 Strat. I have a Rickenbacker '84 4001 bass and an Ovation electric acoustic. '83 Peavy Roadmaster head on top on whatever's around and DOD on the floor with a couple of old school Electro Harmonics boxes and Dunlop pedals for nostalgia. :rockon:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play all the music you hate. Heh,..seriously I play everything. I've played Blues, Classical, Metal, Hard Rock, Flamenco, even a little jazz.

I own 2 Randall halfstacks. A 200 watt Warhead and a 100 watt RT. I run these stereo with Line 6 PodXT Live! board. This is the only effects set I ever need since it models and I can use it for recording straight to my Mac. It's also a kick ass live pedal board. I also use a Cry Baby Wah occasionally. I've also got a Behringer combo amp with 2 12s for playing smaller venues and doing classical stuff.

I own 2 Kramer Barettas, both with active EMG 81s that I bashed into them. I have a Kramer Ferrington Electric/Acoustic, a 1984 Ibanez Destroyer, a Les Paul studio, an Ibanez Silver series jazz bass. For classical and flamenco I have a Carlos Savares electric classical (nylon strings) and a 1963 Gibson Classical straight acoustic that I mic.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mainly Jacksons.
Mesa Boogie heads, Soldano, Lee Jackson.
Marshall cabs.

slitherjef

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets see, I play mostly metal. Some hard rock and random bits of crap here in there also. Gear I have a small Marshall G10-MKII practice amp (want a tube amp one of these days) Guitars I got a silvertone acoustic. A Dean ML-X (the cheapy but its fun to play and a Jackson Kelly pro XLR. Also have a cry baby wah wah pedal. I have started to look into another electric and I am kind of Torn between a black Gibson Explorer or an ESP DJ-600 which has a floyd rose, reverse headstock and a snow white body with a blood splatter paint job

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dabble in a little of everything, but mostly rock, blues, classical. My gear's not too impressive...Fender Fat Strat, Fender Telecaster (in the mail), Prudencio Saez classical, Washburn acoustic, some cheap Ibanez bass, VOX AD30VT (modeling amp), Fender Studio Lead, POD Xt, BOSS ME30, and a Crybaby.

JackBauer24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Favorite guitarist: Eric Clapton.

I play a Fender Strat and use a Johnson amplifier, but I also have an acoustic guitar I play more often when I'm watching tv and stuff.

thatguyjamalx

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love playing classical, blues and metal, but these days I'm really diggin the whole minimalist style.

I play around with my Fender Jag Stang, Washburn acoustic/eletric, zoom effects board and an Ibanez TB50 amp.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm considering picking up guitar. But I know next to nothing about it. Where / what should I start with? My Jr. college has some guitar classes and I'm thinking about signing up.

Here is the class description
Guitar I

Three lab hours plus two individual practice hours per week.

Description:Techniques of guitar performance and reading music to enable students to play accompaniments to compositions written for the guitar. Students must supply their own instruments

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an Ibanez Talmon, and two Alvarez acoustics. Also a marshall 150 watt half stack and a decent Yamaha pa system. The talmon doesn't have the best sound, but I love the way it looks. I'm hoping to get maybe one of those fender tele looking guitars with the two humbucking pick-ups before my bands next show in december, and probably trade in the Ibanez.

I play acoustic, punk, 90's, and a little jazz. I'm more into song writing than anything though, so mostly I just play my own stuff.

Canibus27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Threw away my old guitar, getting a new one. Shopping around for a good fender. I have a 30 watt Marshall amp. I mostly play grunge - Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, and Bush.

slitherjef

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I'm considering picking up guitar. But I know next to nothing about it. Where / what should I start with? My Jr. college has some guitar classes and I'm thinking about signing up.

Here is the class description
Go for it, Man! Just don't get some cheap walmart POS. Get something quality, but don't go out and get a Gibson Les Paul or something like that. A fender strat is pretty versitile, though I can't see some one playing death metal or such on a strat. Go into a guitar shop, pick up something you like and get a feel for it.

Its fun

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm playing Ibanez SZ's through a Peavey 6505+ Head and an Avatar Cab. On drums I play mostly metal, but on guitar I do mainly straight up pop/punk/alternative. It's all I feel like doing on the guitar.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slitherjef said:
Go for it, Man! Just don't get some cheap walmart POS. Get something quality, but don't go out and get a Gibson Les Paul or something like that. ...
And exactly what's wrong with a Les Paul?

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
And exactly what's wrong with a Les Paul?
What if he buys a LP right away. He might damage it easily or might find out he sucks at music or he doesn't even like playing the guitar. A new LP usually goes for 1.9-2.3k (Standard), that's not cheap either.

By the way you don't need to take classes. Just learn musical theory, your scales, and your chords and you can build off of that. PM me if you want some good resources.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh I was thinking about picking one up on craigs list. I'm a little concerned because the class doesn't mention what kind of guitar I need. I don't know if it's acoustic or the other type.

I know next to nothing about music. At this point I don't think I want to spend more than $100 on something I might not enjoy.

I'll check out the guitar shops. Guitar world is always advertising their specials over here.

BTW any chance that Guitar Hero helps in any way with learning to play the real thing? I never played the game but I think it might be fun and even better if it can help learn.

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guitar Hero, while a great substitute for doing homework, will not help you in learning to play the guitar at all :p In fact it may even hinder you.