Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

to the druggies out there...

DDC

Reaction score
Fast forward a year later, its summer again and my friends are back at it, throwing parties, tripping whenever we felt like it, and generally having a lot of fun. But something had begun changed. The trips had taken on a new effect. I was started to feel some side effects I had never felt before. After I had come down from the trip, I felt burnt for sometimes 8 hours later. My body would sometimes just start itching like I had run into some poison ivy and wouldn't subside for an hour. Sometimes I would get small panic attacks out of nowhere, even when I was relaxed and my heart would start beating really fast and I would think it could just stop at any moment and I would die. Things like that; real buzzkills. One night off of just a small amount of DXM (300mg or so) I got taste of psychosis. Everything people said seemed like it was directed against me, like I was the subject of some joke everyone knew about but me. I took off out to the park and had this intense feeling I was being watched and some CIA agent or something was going to try and assassinate me. Now I know this makes no sense to you, but in my mind it started to make perfect sense- the more I thought about it the more I believed it could be true. Soon I was hearing helicopters in the distance in an area where normally there were none. I walked past the post office and there was a group of armed guards saluting me as I walked past. I ended up sitting next to some old guy on a park bench, convinced that I was having a conversation with him through some sort of telepathic intercommunication and that was why the agents were after me! :crackup: It all seemed so real, as incredulous as it seems. Finally I got up and figured this is all too much for my drugged out mind- I'm going home to sleep it off.
I woke up a few hours feeling normal but still freaked out from the events of the morning. I went outside and noticed nothing out of the ordinary- kind of disappointed that I couldn't speak to people through telepathy, but happy I was sane (now) and scared about how insane I was earlier. It really changed my view on mind-altering drugs. I looked back at my years of tripping and realized that all it lead to. Sure it was fun, the same way skydiving is fun. While you are falling, its the greatest feeling in the world. Everything is beneath you, and you know you will land safely- theres a 99.99% chance you will at least. Until, one day, your parachute malfunctions and you crash into the ground. Below everyone. Dead. And even if you land safely, it was only fun while it lasted, it doesn't benefit you in any way.

After all of this, I still felt the urge to trip a bit more- just to see if it was a fluke, etc. Sure I didn't go insane, but I just had this uncomfortable feeling all along the 8 hour span of the trip. Not my idea of a good time. After 300 trips, the drug had lost it's magic. I swore it off, and haven't regretted it. I look back at those summers with a smile. I wish I could repeat them but at the same time, I know they will never come again- which might I add, is a good thing. No matter how good a drug is, you can never do it for the rest of your life, sooner or later it will catch up with you.

Now to end things out, I'll tell you about what the effects of DXM use over the years have been. Honestly, I still don't feel normal. My skills in speaking had dropped off the deep end, it was almost hard to hold conversations despite having a world of stories and ideas to talk about. Just finding the right word to use, common words, sometimes became an exercise in frustration. It has slowly come back, but I don't know if it will ever be quite the same. For awhile after I quit, I had dreams where I would be tripping and then I would wake from the dream and would still be in another dream, just I wouldn't know it until I woke up again and again. Finally I would wake up (for real) and I would be paralyzed for a few seconds- really scary. Never happened to me before, and hasn't happened since the 2-3 months after I quit. Sometimes I get shaky now when I even think about DXM- definately not in some addict way, but almost like nervous apprehension. Finally, my vision has dropped off significantly since I started. I don't know if it is related, but before I started I had 20/20 vision and now I could definately use contacts. The only reason I mention it is because I would often get double-vision on higher plateau trips and would have to close one of my eyes to see straight- I figure this could be stressful on my eyes.

The scary part of this all was that I never noticed any of these effects until I stopped. It was such a gradual decline in my word choices that I never noticed it until I looked back on how I was before. That's the insinuous part about drugs- they do change or even damage you, it just happens too slow to take much notice of.

I'm not telling you not to do drugs at all. I'm just saying that be prepared to face the consequences if you do...

If you are going to get into it anyway, try for pure powder, I'm sure it can still be obtained if you look around. It's much cheaper and better quality and doesn't taste like sewage. If you must go with the syrup, avoid anything with Pseudoephedrine and especially Chlorpheniramine Maleate. Make sure DXM is the only active ingredient, or only DXM and Guaifenisen (sp?) - also, I would recommend imposing a limit of about 50-100 trips in a lifetime. That is about the time I started noticing some of the effects on my vocabulary. Also, this should go without saying but read up on it on www.erowid.com and www.dextroverse.org.

Be safe, don't take too much, and realize you aren't taking some "medicine" but a powerful psycotropic drug, and anyone who say it is safe and there are no effects is probably high right now. Who knows what other effects I haven't noticed- I'm sure if there was a before and after CAT scan of my brain, it would show something I haven't thought of. Just think down the road and you'll see.

Sorry for the long first post, I just figure it is something worth sharing. :)

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, what a story! I am definitely thankful that you shared all that. Seems like if there is anyone who would know about DXM it would be you. That bit about you selling it and having the time of your life etc, sort of made me think of the movie “Blow” (though not sure if you’ve seen it).

Anyway, I haven’t really tried that much so far, but I know the cough syrup I have has DXM as the only active ingredient.

When I first take a few doses (it says to not exceed 4 doses in a 24hr period), I feel a bit hot, then it cools of in a minute or two. After a while I feel the “numbness/high” and my vision has been a bit blurry, and when I walk I feel a bit bouncy, like when I walk off a curb it seems like I walked off a platform a few feet in the air, haha. But not much “high” so far….I’d guess it’s a low or mid first plateau at most.

I do have two questions though. First, I really haven’t been taking much at one time, but when I started experimenting with this, say since when I wrote that original post, I’ve taken 2-3 doses at a time, every 7 or 8 hours. The “high” feeling seems like it lasts pretty long, but how can you be sure it’s completely gone and you can start a new dose? Or maybe that’s just because I’m not using enough right now to hit a 2nd plateau or even a high first plateau. Basically, is it safe to keep reloading every few hours or is there a dosage limit I should be wary of for a 24hr (or other time) period?

As far as your experiences go, it was definitely an educational and enjoyable read. Per your tip and subsequent side-effect experiences, I definitely won’t try more than 50-60 trips total, especially at 2nd-4th plateaus. I'll count this first bottle as one trip;) I’m a little more than halfway through school, so it won’t be long before I have to get serious and start a career anyway, and that means no more messing around when I get there. But, most probably on weekends, or at parties, or breaks, or even over the next summer or two, I’ll definitely be using more of this stuff. Thanks, I’ll try to see if I can purchase some pure powder form as you suggest, and I’ll thoroughly read those sites/links also.

Another quick question is, have you ever drank alcohol while tripped on DXM? And if so, anything to say about that combination? I stopped drinking caffeine a week or two ago, but I just wanted to see what would be the effect of these two together, and it seems like I can go with a lot less sleep with this combination, weird.

Thanks again for writing that lengthy post, I appreciate the advice/knowledge.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
okay, i definitely chugged some about an hour ago, and damn!!!! this kicks ass i feel like i'm flying!!! when i jog up stairs, i definitely get hang time!! hahaha. i think i most definitely hit plateau #1, fvcking awesome!!!!

i'm gonna take some more right now before i go eat, so i'll probably hit 2 or 3. yeah, i'll be careful...read my last post

and remember, i don't advocate drug use guys, be careful and read those sites, read DDC's advice.

woooo!!! i've tried weed and alcohol, and nothing feels like this, my god this is the shiznit!!!

haha, i took it right before going to class...my eyes are definitely not red, but i'm not sure if people can tell when you're high like this. whoa this rocks more than anything i've ever tried!!!

hell yeah!!!!! ...and check it out, i can still spell, this thing rocks, it's much different from alcohol or weed!!!

btw, thx for that link Cent, i'll make sure to read it too.

later y'all, i'm going to fly!!!

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****ing junkie ;)

I think I'll try it out this weekend.
:cheer:

btw, what kinda cough syrup did you buy?

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, I just hit the drink hard now, at least I know cirrosis will result if I hit it too hard :p

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Holy ****ing **** this is awesome!!!! I definitely must have hit the 2nd plateau.

I HAVE NEVER FELT LIKE THIS IN MY ENTIRE LIFE !!!

You won’t believe this, but it’s so freaking weird, you can’t tell if you’re in a dream or if it’s real. Like, you see weird things, and you don’t know if it’s real or not. Definitely not what alcohol or weed does to you. Very very different here. I feel like I can fly, it’s so weird.

Some people I’ve talked to every day fluff talked with, I’ve never been able to connect with so well. For some weird reason I can vibe extremely well with people and I'm extremely, extremely smooth. I'm mean, I'm normally good at vibing anyway, and this stuff makes me just feel like I'm oozing with smoothness. It really feels like I’m outside of my own body, really weird to describe but damn!!!! This is the most unbelievable thing ever!!!! I don’t think I’ll go over the 2nd or 3rd plateau.

Not sure if this is a dream or what, but I was just talking to this girl who had a phone to her ear, but she talked to me for like 5 or 6 min straight, and then I was like, "wait, why are you still holding a phone to your ear?" And she’s like, "I’m talking to my boyfriend"…and I’m like, "but you’ve been talking to me the whole time, what is this like some sort of three way conversation?" And she’s like, "yeah, he's listening to us talk" :confused: And so I kept talking to her for a few more minutes…but it really seems like she’s only talking to me, she wasn’t talking into her phone at all (like she was talking to me and just hold the mobile to her ear for some reason)…(unless I was hallucinating that she was talking to me and she was just on the phone with her boyfriend while I stood there thinking that I was actually part of the conversation??? - LOL, that would suck*). I’m wondering was there really a boyfriend on the other end?? Weird. I told her about this girl I met that talks to herself. Haha, I’m going fvcking insane. Whoa, right now as I right this it feels like the monitor is on the ground and I’m suspended from the ceiling typing down, as though the room has shifted/tumbled.

Holy hell this is the best feeling on earth!!!!

One question though, if you do use this stuff, if someone asks, should you admit to it, or not? I don’t want to, because I’m afraid it could mean trouble, but then again, I think it may be too obvious as it is??? Like, do you go on as if you’re not on anything…but then again, I don’t want to get a reputation for the DXM user. That's the only thing I'm worried about, I don't know, can other people tell? My eyes are definitely not glazed, but I'm obviously acting different probably, not sure.

*but you see, the awesome part about this is you still have the ability to think, as I've referenced using the "*"

----------------

haha, you guys will probably pass off my post thinking it makes no sense because I'm in "la-la land," but it's sad that sometimes I'll be sober and try to read threads here by other guys and they still make the same amount of sense as I've made here, lol. haha, remember our old pal [o_0]? you know what i mean...he made less sense sober than i do now

oh, btw, Cent, I bought a generic cough syrup brand. I think you're in Australia, so not sure if you have CVS, but that's the generic brand i bought. it's called, "Maximum Strength TUSSIN - Dextromethorphan, HBr, Cough Suppressent" is what it reads on the box. and the only active ingredient is just "Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 15mg........Cough Suppressant; 15mg in each 5ml teaspoonful"

It should come with a little cup thing that you can use to pour into (like plastic a cough syrup shot glass, lol).

For adults, it's advised to take 2 teaspoonfuls every 6-8hrs...so that's 30mg every 6-8hrs. I read on one of the DXM sites that you take the mg consumed and divide that by your weight in kg. so, mg/kg. and for the result, the first plateau is about 1.5-2.5 mg/kg

the second is about 2.5-7.5mg/kg, and i don't know about the rest. I'm about 135-140lbs, so divided by 2.2, I'm about 61-63kg. I took like 8teaspoons a while ago, and that's 4*30=120mg, which makes for 120mg/62kg=1.9mg/kg ...so, yeah, i hit the mid level of the first plateau and it rocked! I hope that guess helps...you need to read those sites, and also, I've found this one (http://www.third-plateau.org/faq/dxm_experience.shtml) that helps, to figure it out.

read up, and get stoned man!!!

ketamine? haha, i think I'll stick to DXM for now...

btw, Cent, here's a link to the stuff I bought...pretty cheap at around $3-$4 for 4oz: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gatew...previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?page=1^Query=tussin^ActiveCat=65
8oz: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gatew...previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?page=2^Query=tussin^ActiveCat=65^startLink=1

Last edited:

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
next time you do it go into a room and turn off the lights, should get some pretty cool CeV's.

Centaurion: you said previously you'v done e, lsd and shrooms. You'll be pretty disapointed in DXM then, compared to an acid trip its nothing.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chillisauce
Centaurion: you said previously you'v done e, lsd and shrooms. You'll be pretty disapointed in DXM then, compared to an acid trip its nothing.
I just want to see how this sh*t really is you know. I read that on level 4 or something, you get to see God. How sweet would that be!? ;)

so, i weigh ~ 100 kg, that means I gotta do 200mg...sweeeet.

I'll put up a FR monday!!!

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually tried this before. I don't think I did enough though, because I didn't really feel anything. I did a whole bottle of that honey cough stuff, and nothing.

I may try it for the experience. Just not 50-100 times.

animal crackers

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it a few times, puked my guts out pretty hard. I'd probably try it again if it didnt involve skolling 2 bottle of friggin disgusting tasting cough medicine. :eek:

You want a level 4 trip? Only drug that guarantee's that is DMT really, another way you could try is 5 hits of acid and smoking alot of weed. If you end up in the hospital, you didnt take my advice k? ;)

For all those about to try this: i recommend not buying more than 1 bottle at each chemist, its really suss.

DumpaLumpagus

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Cough Syrup High. It's quite a good alternative if you avoid the harder variety of drugs (Cocaine, Heroin, Crystal Meth, Opium, ect.) I was in the hospital for a major surgery once and had an epidural needle in my spine for 3 days. Imagine that you are lying on a needle, and you know that if you move or slide your back that you might become paralized. Well needless to say that thing hurt like a b!tch and I was given Morphine for it. :) I was having open eye dreams about two hot nurses "nursing me" up and all kinds of other crazy sh!t. I've never had such a vivid lucid experience before in my life. It felt sooo gooood :) The morphine was coming straight through the IV so you know that it's pure! I've never done Morphine on my own so I don't know enough about it to recommend it, but DAMN, that's one goooood trip. ;)

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
isnt Morphine > Heroin? Its meant to be addictive as hell.

Hows your back now?

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Can somebody PLEASE take all the druggies, drop then into Dodger Stadium and immolate the lot of them simultaneously?
Haha, i think thats what christians call 'Hell'. I'd rather burn than end up with you in Heaven.

Do you drink, smoke or take any form of caffiene MetalFortress? Because if you do, you should be joining us.

DumpaLumpagus

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothin wrong with drugs, maaaaaan. Take a hit for me

~<ZZZZZZ>~ <-- Joint

<ZZZZZ& <-- Smoke

<Z& < -- Fin.

Just playin.

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have any of you ever tried Tussionex? Its RX only, a very thick and sweet tasting yellowish liquid. It consists of hydrocodone and phenyltoloxamine and it gives a great high :) .

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What are mushrooms like? I may have an opportunity to try it this weekend and I was wondering what the experience was like and if there are any prepartions that I may have to take.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shrooms are awesome. Just make sure that you don't have any sh*t going on in your life before you take them. It would really s*ck if you started thinking about that when you are tripping. A couple of my buddies suggested that I 'load' my brain with happy thoughts before taking shrooms, so I just watched alot of pr0n the week before taking them. I ended up having an awesome experience.