To celebrate gf anniversaries or not?

Fadero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some guys get together officially with their girls by asking them officially to be their girls.

But what about the type of relationship that is begun by simply accepting that two people are together as boyfriend & girlfriend without officially asking and just "knowing?" How do you go about celebrating a certain anniversary if there really wasn't a day set to remember it on?

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
Celebrating anniversaries as boyfriend and girlfriend sounds kinda AFC'ish to me.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
Celebrating anniversaries as boyfriend and girlfriend sounds kinda AFC'ish to me.
Forget you ever heard that, fadero. Not very sound advice. You want to keep the "magic" up in a relationship, especially an LTR, you gotta remember those anniversary dates. It doesn't mean you have to officially "celebrate" them, but it does certainly mean when the date is approaching you say to the girl, hey, next tuesday is 6 months since we started dating. Why? BECAUSE IT SHOWS HER YOU ARE INTIMATELY INTERESTED IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HER!

My memory for dates, events, and what happened when is so photographic that my friends have wondered if it's possible for a guy like me to be partly autistic. With my last LTR I was able to tell her in a flash stuff like, "In 11 days it will have been 8 months since I first kissed you...", and then remind her exactly how it happened. You should have seen the way her eyes would sparkle and how she would smile when I said things like that... it said to her that I was very interested in "us".

sAxyguy83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl and I basically came to a consensus on when we started being officially "together". We use that as our dating anniversary.

-HPNOTQ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm with MD on this thread.

its not about being AFC, its about being a gentleman and truley interested in the lady. doesnt mean you go out and buy her a million dollar bentley, but, you should acknowledge it.

'the art of seducing a woman is making her feel special around you... and making her desperate to get that feeling. If she feels special around you, she's going to want to feel that way again.'

i wish i remember where i got that quote.

-HQ

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by -HPNOTQ-
i'm with MD on this thread.

its not about being AFC, its about being a gentleman and truley interested in the lady. doesnt mean you go out and buy her a million dollar bentley, but, you should acknowledge it.

'the art of seducing a woman is making her feel special around you... and making her desperate to get that feeling. If she feels special around you, she's going to want to feel that way again.'

i wish i remember where i got that quote.

-HQ
Acknowledging is different from celebrating. The way he was talking made it sound like a national holiday.