Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To buy or not buy a drink?

mr. kennedy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never bought a drink for a chick I just met at a bar or club but I see many posts here of guys that do. What's the verdict?

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do whatever the he11 you want....just never come from a place of supplication. I dont buy women drinks because i find it to be unnecessary.

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No I wouldn't. I'd ask them to get me one though.

B

BeDJ

Try this.

Tell a girl you are grabbing a drink and if she wants one. Make sure she follows you to the bar. Put about $3 more in cash than what your drink costs. If she says she doesn't have cash, tell her to put it on her card and you'll get the next rounds. If she refuses, the awkward stares from you and the bartender should do the trick.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't buy a woman a drink if it's the first time I'm meeting her, for example if I go to a bar (not a first date).

If I know her (she's in my social circle) then maybe, but I wouldn't do it to "win her over". If she did something cool and I'm congratulating her, or if she already bought me a round.

If I invited her out for drinks then obviously yes.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can only remember buying a stranger a drink a handful of times and those were times when it would have been weird not to. Like if I was talking to a girl and I wanted a drink, I'd just walk to the bar and get my drink and ask if she wants one. Also when it comes to dates, I have my favourite place which does 2 for 1 ****tails during the week, it's a great place for chit chat and a second date location. In those cases, the girl usually always goes halves after I pay for the first round. Sorted no arguments.

I love guys who buy girls drinks though because I can safely say I have had a few of them.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
two times I bought chicks a drink, both gave me the number, one acted like she didn't remember me, the other one was acting like her bf and told me to stop texting her.

From that point on I stopped buying drinks.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BeginningDJ said:
Try this.

Tell a girl you are grabbing a drink and if she wants one. Make sure she follows you to the bar. Put about $3 more in cash than what your drink costs. If she says she doesn't have cash, tell her to put it on her card and you'll get the next rounds. If she refuses, the awkward stares from you and the bartender should do the trick.
Hah. I feel like the bartender looks to the guy for money before looking to the girl. The awkward stares would likely be directed at you.

Anyway, let's say I'm talking to a girl in a bar. Struck up a conversation with her, and have been talking for 30-40 minutes...Then if I decide I need another drink, I'll ask her if she wants one and tell her to follow me to the bar. If I feel like she's a good prospect, I'd rather buy her a drink and keep the conversation going rather than stand my ground over a $6 drink.

But that's my rule if I've been talking to the girl. I don't just walk up and offer a girl a drink to spark a conversation. That's stupid. But if we're chatting and the vibe is good, then I have no problem. Same thing I would do for a guy, actually.

But with that said, I'd wager that 70% of girls I date would buy the next round anyway.

mr. kennedy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
I don't just walk up and offer a girl a drink to spark a conversation. That's stupid
You'd be surprised how many guys do it. Like a girl is ordering at the bar and some random guy tells her I got it.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr. kennedy said:
You'd be surprised how many guys do it. Like a girl is ordering at the bar and some random guy tells her I got it.
even when I was more of an AFC I would have never done that!

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It Taiwan, it goes a long way buying a drink if she already has interest in you...culture thing..in the states not so much....in Taiwan you just look like a cheap bum if u don't and that is never a good thing...in the us its completely different though I never bought anyone a drink inin the us and would even get girls to buy me drinks..that just doesn't fly here.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying a drink for a woman should be like gambling or investing in the stock market... only do it if you're not afraid to lose any money on it.

faeyt

Don Juan
Reaction score
As I've heard from female friends, some girls talk to guys just to get drinks out of them (which should be common knowledge here), but worse yet, some girls try to get a guy to pay for the girl AND her friends. Whatever you do, don't be that guy.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask her if she wants a beer. If she says she doesn't drink beer just say "oh, ok" and proceed to get yourself a beer. If she's diggin you and doesn't ask for an expensive drink, she's not there for bummin drinks. Get your beer and proceed to talk to her, get number, etc.

If she does ask for an expensive drink, don't, and leave her hanging, she's moochin drinks from guys.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of what buying a drink means. In buying a drink you are making an offering, which suggests you are paying for someone's attention, or enticing them to listen to a proposition.

Seeing that women already know you are trying to pick them up, buying a drink emphasizes that you are only interested in her as an object to seduce/pickup.

So, general rule of thumb the answer is no.

(There are some occasions where drink buying can be okay but they require special scenarios)

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As a strategy to push towards an easy same-night lay, buying drinks for girls straight up works. Is it necessary? No, of course not, but it does help grease the wheels mightily, and I for one don't see a problem with using any and every single weapon in my arsenal to increase my notch count.

The whole "don't buy girls drinks" thing I think was originally aimed at AFCs thinking they can buy a girls approval. That's a different thing, and in that situation its sure to reduce a man's value, not increase it, and thus is counter productive.

But when a natural, assertive man is leading and dominating the interaction, it seems absurd in that situation for him not to buy drinks if he's feeling thirsty. Girls love being lead by an Alpha man, and part of doing the leading in my opinion involves deciding when to get drinks, what drinks to get, and yes, usually, deciding who pays for them.

So, like, you can be an alpha and demand that she pays for the drinks. I do that all the time. But I'm also not an @$$#073 and I want to contribute my fair share of money to make sure we're all having fun and no one is being taken advantage of.

I have this one friend who is an engineer and earns a fantastic salary, and he's just so magnanimous and generous with his drink-buying practices that I really have to stop him from jumping in and springing for every round, and I have to step up and assertively announce that I'm buying the drinks to prevent him from doing so.

You know, they're just drinks, holy fvck! Are you out there to have a good time or are you out there to prove something about some obscure social phenomenon?

Just buy the damn fvcking drinks if you want to, Christ! If you want her to buy the drinks, make her buy the fvcking drinks? How are we even still talking about this **** on here?

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would generally say NO. With a few exceptions.

As a RULE, i say never buy a drink for a girl you haven't slept with yet or one that you're trying to sleep with.

If she's just a friend, then sure why not. But in MOST cases, if she's an attractive girl...she goes from guy to guy... politely making small talk with you while sipping the free drink. Then when she finishes it "well i have to get back to my friends....nice meeting you".

Let the chodes get her drunk off free drinks, then swoop in. It shows backbone when she says "hey can you buy me a drink?" expecting you to supplicate her just like every other ***** and you say "how about you buy me one and maybe i'll grace you with my presence for a bit."

If you're going to buy her one, make sure that she has invested in your interaction. If she's been sitting there for like 40 minutes and you guys are hitting it off, then great, buy her a damn drink. But dont be the guy that sidles up to the hottest chick there and buys her a shot of tequila hoping to get in her pants.