Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tired after working out or running?

Metzgermeister

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup everyone?

I've been on an epic fitness odyssey since about 2009. I quit smoking, cut back on drinking, eliminated fast food, and took up running and weight lifting. I lift weights Mon, Wed, Fri, and run about 3.5 miles (through a nice wooded trail around a lake :cool: ) the other 4 days out of the week. Occasionally I take a day off from one of those things, but not very often. About two times a year, I take a whole week off just for recovery purposes. It makes me feel great and look AWESOME. These 6-pack abs and bulging arms are really helping my game!

But I'm constantly feeling sleepy from it. I get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, usually 9 or 10! This even happens on days when I don't work out or run for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure I'm eating enough calories.

Does anyone know of any high-energy foods or methods of not feeling so drained after working out or running? I drink tea sometimes, but I'd prefer not to be dependent on caffeine just to stay awake.

Thanks!

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like overtraining to me. Post your workout routine for better assessments.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
Sounds like overtraining to me. Post your workout routine for better assessments.
Classic overtraining. People think if they go to gym more it will help, but in reality it usually leads to overtraining from the body not getting enough recovery time and lessens the results not make them greater.

Notice what you said about what happens when you take a whole week off...
try cutting down to 5 days a week...

Metzgermeister

Don Juan
Reaction score
Overtraining, huh? I did think of that...

My routine, for those who are wondering, is a ABA/BAB split:

A:
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Push Press 3x5
Pullups (with 25 lb. kettlebell strapped to waist) 3x[however many I can do; currently 6]

B:
Bench Press 3x5
Bent-over Rows 3x5
Pushups 3x[however many I can do; 70 right now]
Barbell Curls 3x8

I've been doing this same amount of exercise for years now (albeit with increasing weight) Shouldn't my body have caught up by now? I do take a week off now and then, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm even tired DURING the week off.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Metzgermeister said:
Overtraining, huh? I did think of that...

My routine, for those who are wondering, is a ABA/BAB split:

A:
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Push Press 3x5
Pullups (with 25 lb. kettlebell strapped to waist) 3x[however many I can do; currently 6]

B:
Bench Press 3x5
Bent-over Rows 3x5
Pushups 3x[however many I can do; 70 right now]
Barbell Curls 3x8

I've been doing this same amount of exercise for years now (albeit with increasing weight) Shouldn't my body have caught up by now? I do take a week off now and then, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm even tired DURING the week off.
Your body is trying to talk to you, but you aren't paying attention.
Sooner or later it will force you to pay attention, and I will guarantee you will not like the method it will use... Start listening while its still just talking.

GameTime76

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I doubt your "over-training" with your current weight training program. Your only working each muscle group 1-2 times a week. Your probably exhausting yourself from running 3 miles or more. Depending on your goals you may want to cut down on your cardio. Also are you eating enough Carbs? Carbohydrates are the fuel and energy that your body needs.

As marmel said; You do need to listen to your body. But just being tired is one thing. If your having pain that is a Red Flag.. Or if your still sore from your last workout you may want to take an additional rest day