Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips on how to prepare succesfully for a Phone Interview!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok well since i bombed my phone interview last time around what are some good tips.

Obviously doing you our DD on the company and the position.
(last time i study the company and the position a few hours a day. i looked over everything the position entails but the interviews went even further. now i know i should not leave out any detail and just over prepare)

Tell me about yourself question: fully professional but respond throughout the interview in a friendly manner as to convey social likability.

Thank You email.

don't get sucked into their mind games like last time.

Any other tips for veteran interviewers or the older mature crowd.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Display enthusiasm for the subject matter or problem domain. It's not just a job to you, it's something you love to deal with.

Obviously as appropriate .....

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stand up during the interview. You will automatically sound more attentive and enthusiastic.

I would have written out and rehearsed answers to all the FAQ's you are likely to get asked.

At the end, tell them you are interested in the job and close for the next steps.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are the tips I used to land my current job through a phone interview.

1. Prepare note cards with common interview questions and study them. You can pick up job interview books in most libraries. Study them to prepare. These books often have excellent canned responses to questions.

2. Be enthusiastic, but don't act desperate. Don't call them after the interview asking if you got the position. Don't send them thank you emails. These tactics are a waste of time and have never gotten me anywhere IMO.

3. If the interview is in the morning eat a good breakfast prior to taking the interview.

4. Research the company and its history you're applying for. One of the common questions you'll get is "so what do you know about our company?"