Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tip - getting the number

TDOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
We have all been there at some point. You ask for the number and get rejected. Just because a girl doesn't give you the number on your first shot does not always mean that you should not try again. Let me repeat that. Just because you don't get her number on the first shot does not always mean you will never get it.

You should ALWAYS ask at least twice for a girl's number before giving up and here are two GOOD reasons listed below why, but there are many other reason such as: she has a boyfriend who's not present at the moment but her girls are around and she's worried that they'll go and tell him because they like him and want their shot, or maybe she has ended the relationship now, people's situations change often. You won't know unless you go back and ask again!

reason #1) Some girls just want to test you to see how much spine you have. To see if you actually have the balls to approach a second time after getting chopped down.

reason #2) Some girls just want to see how much you are really interested in them personally, or if you are just simply playing the
"numbers game" trying to rack up as many as you can.
Because they feel bad when a hot dude asks for their digits and he never calls. [side note: you can immediately say after being rejected the first time, "I know how bad you feel when hot guys get your digits and don't ever call. I promise you I'm not one of those guys, so write down your lucky 7 cutie".]

So how do you handle the 2nd time around??
Well, wait until she thinks you have forgot all about the incident,
this of course involves you keeping in contact with her on a regular basis and talking about things other than getting her number. Doing this also shows that you are cool about the whole rejection bit.

Then go back to her and regardless as to whatever excuse she gave the first time, simply say:

"Are you ready to give me your number now?"
[give her a wink and smile as you ask] ;)

If you don't get it on the second try then she probably really isn't interested in you.

But if you do, and you probably WILL then, the lesson here is persistance does pay off.

Last edited:

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
The advice I will give also fits in this thread.

When you ask for a number and she says she would rather get your number. This is the second worst thing besides not getting a number at all. If she wants to do that, you should trade numbers. You should never give out your number unless she gives you hers.

stalluproar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 4afe
The advice I will give also fits in this thread.

When you ask for a number and she says she would rather get your number. This is the second worst thing besides not getting a number at all. If she wants to do that, you should trade numbers. You should never give out your number unless she gives you hers.
Actually, I think when she asks for your number instead, it is worse than not at all. Because now she has you by the balls and will hold it and jerk you around for awhile. My typical response is I don't give my number out. If she still resists, I would say, I guess we are at an impass and exit.

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it could be worse than no number at all, if you just give up your # like it aint sh1t. I should have wrote that in my original post.

terminator911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice topic!

Good topic!
Hey guys. If she asks for your number instead of giving you hers this is a sure sign that she is not interested. Some girls would rather do this than tell you straight up they are not interested.

Also, if you ask for her number and she gives you some lame excuse to test your interest/backbone then you should come back with something David DeAngelo recommends which I think is interesting. After getting that lame excuse you follow it with something like "It'll be OK, just write it down" if she still refuses then insist with "I promise not to call you more than 100 times a day, just write it down".

You get the drift... use some sense of humor and if she still refuses at least you made her laugh and it won't be as bad.

Later,
terminator911

griffon65

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TDOT

"I know how bad you feel when hot guys get your digits and don't ever call. I promise you I'm not one of those guys, so write down your lucky 7 cutie".]

Chessy, that doesnt show confidence it shows that you practice lines at home to pick up girls. If a girl doesnt give you her number the first time it means she not interested period. Afterall its a frickin phone number not a marrige proposal. When you have enough experiance in the dating game you'll realize that getting a girls number means NOTHING. Any girl thats attracted to you but wants to play hard to get will give you her number and then play hard to get while you get to know each other.