Tinder Experiences?

PowerAbuse

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have any of you guys had luck meeting any girls in person from Tinder?

So far, I've had 5-6 matches (been using it for about 2 months and swiped right through maybe 300 profiles), but the conversations die after a few lines, or never even start. The only one conversation that kept going was because the chick was on the heavy side and about 80 miles away, and I only kept it up to see how far I could go with it. Got bored after a while and just blocked her.

Last one was pretty cute, but I was a bit confused by the results. This was our conversation:

Me: Parlez-vous francais? (her profile said she grew up in France)
Her: (of course) (in French)... I forgot what the phrase was exactly
Me: Well that's about all the French I know. I just moved to Santa Monica and loving it here, are you from around the area?

Then on my Tinder app I saw a notification bubble that she had responded, but then when I went to the app and tapped our convo, her profile disappeared. I thought 'oh great, she blocked me' ... but then a few days later her profile pops up again but with more/better pics. I liked her again and we matched again. Haven't messaged her again, though I think she more than likely deleted and re-created her profile.

Anyway, that's been about it. Strangely enough, the girls I've matched with have mostly been 'my type' visually, which is weird how they also see me as their type. Except that they're slightly less attractive than I would usually go for, though that makes sense given the visual focus on the app. It's all about looks, and I'm not too blessed in that department - I think if I'd approached some of the prettier ones in person the outcome/conversations would be better.

How have your experiences been? Guys with positive experiences, what do you put in your profiles, what kinds of pics do you have, etc? Any tips?

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have had over 1400 matches. Some I slept with, some I made fun of, some I didn't even open their profiles, some I probably scared.

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had about 30+ matches but mainly the same thing. These online dating programs/apps are kinda weird. Because you can never just be like Hi, my name is **** or anything like that. You have to always be thinking of something sooo interesting to say in order to get a response. Tinder is even more useless because it is based on the concept of pure physical attraction which is mostly how men think and not women. A lot of the women on there don't even fill out their profiles. Anyway I have had it for about a month and haven't had any luck. I just about had luck this really hot girl started hittin me up and I was like cool lets chill. Then she said some weird **** and that was the end of it.

PowerAbuse

Don Juan
Reaction score
narcissist said:
Have had over 1400 matches. Some I slept with, some I made fun of, some I didn't even open their profiles, some I probably scared.
1400, seriously? Are you like Brad Pitt or something?

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I think it's hard work. A lot of women are on there just for the attention and have no intention of doing anything with anyone. It requires less effort than say signing up with a dating site, so I don't think many people take it that seriously.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MountainSlide said:
I've had about 30+ matches but mainly the same thing. These online dating programs/apps are kinda weird. Because you can never just be like Hi, my name is **** or anything like that. You have to always be thinking of something sooo interesting to say in order to get a response..
This is true, but here's the silver lining: Tinder is the single best tool for developing your text game that has ever been created. Using tinder for the last few months has been the best practice session for texting girls i could have ever imagined. It's like a game or a program. Try something, and if you mess up, just move on to the next match and try something else.

I agree that it's a big c0cktease because it seems like tons of hot and easy girls looking to hookup. However it is a lot of work. I've met up with probably 6 or 7 girls...banged one...fooled around with another 2...and i'm planning to go to a girl's house tonight actually because her parents are out of time. However, this is after probably 6 months of being on there and hundreds of matches.

But if you're a decently attractive guy, by all means, get on there. It's also possible to find girls to party with or meet out at the bars.

Reaction score
I've given it a try. Roughly liked over a 100, matched with about 25 of those and met up with 3. One was a fvcking mute in person! Gave up on her. The other two are cool.

I look to set up a meet within three texts. Quite a few dissapear after this invitation though which saves a lot of time.

I avoid these ''pretty' girls whose 6 photos are basically the same selfie in different clothing. How fvcking boring - says everything about the girl.

I look for matches who share the same music or have pics of then demonstrating their hobbies.

Overall it's a law of averages numbers game. Take it with a pinch of salt and don't get down hearted by the red herrings as theirs always another chick to swipe right.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just another social media tool to warp your mind even more in this monkey dance of sex and hookup culture. By all means indulge if that's what you like.

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Night-hawk said:
It's just another social media tool to warp your mind even more in this monkey dance of sex and hookup culture. By all means indulge if that's what you like.

Yeah this. This perpetual IV drip of attention whoring and ego validation is going to have serious repercussions. Relationships will be impossible to maintain, let alone marriages. When there's no families, there's no civilization. Hypergamy unleashed and uncontained, flowing like water in every direction.

Everybody wants to join the party but at what cost? It is all fun and games until the chickens come home to roost.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheeks said:
Yeah this. This perpetual IV drip of attention whoring and ego validation is going to have serious repercussions. Relationships will be impossible to maintain, let alone marriages. When there's no families, there's no civilization. Hypergamy unleashed and uncontained, flowing like water in every direction.

Everybody wants to join the party but at what cost? It is all fun and games until the chickens come home to roost.

Hah stop it guys, you're bumming me out....Honestly this is something i think about a lot. The frustrating part is these feminists will condemn the nuclear family and monogamy and tradition and marriages and then b!tch about the PUA/RedPill/Player movement that comes about as a naturally reaction to such an attitude.

Reaction score
Been on tinder for 3.5 weeks. Had 36 matches banged 1 check(the baddest actually) same day I met her. The rest the conversation is long and drawn out. The 1 chick I banged our initial conversation was short to the point

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Problem with tinder is that if you live in a less densely populated area, you have to increase your radius to get the same number of matches, but long-distance just sucks for everyone and you won't find many hot girls who are willing to travel long-distance for guys when they have thousands within a mile radius. Since you don't get a chance to talk yourself up before she swipes, if you're average-looking or ugly, it's pretty tough.

I've recently moved from London (pop.~10 million) to a much smaller city (pop.<200,000) and it takes me a week to get the number of matches I would get every day in London. I could still date London girls if I increased my radius to about 50 miles (currently it's 10) and it takes only an hour by train for them to come to me and vice versa (costs £20 though), but no-one really wants to do long distance, least of all me. I wanna be able to walk or get a bus to her house on a whim, not plan every date weeks in advance so I can get cheaper train tickets (I'm on a budget here).

I can't wait to live somewhere highly populated again.

Your pictures are really important, too, which sucks for me because I don't really have any decent pictures. I used to have friends who would take pictures obsessively but apparently girls stop doing that when they hit 18. I don't go to clubs often, either, so there are few professional pictures of me, and when I am at a club, I'm drunk and pull stupid faces. Idk what to do about it. If I had that kind of disposable income I'd buy a good camera, but all I've got is the 8 MP camera on my smartphone, and it sucks. I took one of me playing guitar wearing a leather jacket and it made the leather look like plastic. Plus it's hard to take reasonable pictures of yourself without a tripod.

I might just take up photography as a hobby so I can justify getting an expensive camera. I'm interested in it anyway, it will give me an excuse to go out more, and it could be a talking point.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just signed up about a week ago after hearing everyone rave about it. It's ok, but not worth the hype everyone makes it out to be. With that said, I've had about 13 matches so far (I don't sit there and swipe all day) and most of those were girls already wanting to meet me. Didn't realize it until I clicked yes and it said "you are a match". Wish they'd let you know when someone checks yes to you.

The conversation skills with about 90% of the women on there are a joke. I have no idea how these women get jobs, much less meet new people with their piss poor conversation skills. If a girl is making me do all the work conversation wise, I just delete her.

Haven't met anyone off of there yet, been too busy.

mr. kennedy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 said:
The conversation skills with about 90% of the women on there are a joke. I have no idea how these women get jobs, much less meet new people with their piss poor conversation skills. If a girl is making me do all the work conversation wise, I just delete her.
+1

I noticed that difference between Tinder and other dating sites. Girls on Tinder seem retarded.

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't noticed that difference between Tinder girls and other dating sites. I have noticed that OkC girls tend to be artsy, which I like, and strongly feminist and vegan and all that shít, which I don't; girls on POF seem to be more bratty, more entitled and less attractive (O, irony!). Girls on Tinder just seem normal. But few of any of them can hold a decent conversation, which is fine for a hookup, but I screen heavily for good conversation in long-term prospects. I just like to talk. I even ignore the "action date" advice and go for dates where we can talk in a relaxed atmosphere (typically around nature because I'm a hippy at heart), although I do like to do a carnival date because the (emotional) rollercoaster is a great prop.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tinder just fuels attention wh0ring behavior, which is entirely the fault of men.

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why I don't lavish attention on Tinder girls. Just told one she was boring because I asked for the number (actually, told her to give it to me) and she started playing games.

I have a friend whose go-to response to hostility of any kind is "Shut up, you're boring". It's pretty great.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had $1 for every stupid girl that wrote on her profile "not here for a hookup!" I'd be one wealthy b**tard. I'm having flashbacks of pof profiles.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tinder I get matches end up talking for a few days then it goes dry. POF I been meeting chicks like a boss though. I had pics on POF before barely got any replies. Cancelled account for 2 months, came back put the pics up. (stopped fapping for 3 months now) and girls are messaging me. They are not 10s or anything, some are fat, some are cute decent look women. It varies. Me bringing this up? Trying to see if this no fap goes deeper in to the rabbit hole?