Time to get some New forums

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sosuave is severely lacking in the variety of its forums. I know it's meant to be about attracting women and all that, but since we get successful unplugged people here from all walks of life, wouldn't it make sense to have some more forums to reflect the well rounded lifestyle of a DJ?

We need a Wealth and Career forum and a Fashion forum

The whole point of being a Don Juan is that we become well rounded successful people in all areas of life and not just little kids obsessing over girls.

There's a lot of good information about wealth here, particularly from Str8up, but it's not easily accessible, so a whole forum devoted to it would provide the red pill for people still stuck in the "Work until you retire mentality". For a Don Juan must be financially independent and work for himself. It would also encourage those successful business men to give advice and guides.

Also fashion would be good, because it's an essential part to your charm. I cannot stress how important fashion is, probably even more important than being muscular and strong.

Some clear areas to discuss this will divert some of the new kids' attentions away from the bloated DJ discussion forum and show them that being a DJ is not just about girls.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty of other forums for that kind of stuff. I agree with the money, and wealth forum, but anyone would be better off going to a site dedicated to that kind of thing though. I dont think fashion is a big enough topic to warrant its own forum category. It might be worth a try though. It wouldnt hurt anything.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I second this motion. I would love to see this site take on some of the elements of a Kinowear or RSD.

Business & Wealth
Fashion
Adventure (chronicle the tales of brave and adventurous men)
Mental Prowess (or a forum devoted to 'Inner Game')

These would be welcome additions.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These have been discussed before, and rejected since there are better places on the internet to go for help with wealth/money/power, and a fashion forum usually doesn't get much traffic.

Admin likes high-traffic forums, and that means keeping to the essentials.

We'll discuss it again however.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like forums with too many sections, it just gets too sparse. The only addition I would make on this site is a forum dedicated to FR's and LR's

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
clothing: styleforum.net and it's not even close. within 2 months you will be the best dressed guy in the office. when i first found that forum a few years back i had to literary throw away all my clothes.

wealth: I wouldn't take wealth advice from people online. trail and error and hit barnes and noble.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
and a fashion forum usually doesn't get much traffic.
http://www.styleforum.net/

Alexa rating is 15,000. That means of all the millions of websites out there, styleforum.net ranks at number 15K as far as traffic goes. Sosuave ranks at number 60K

Have a look over there, they've got some good info. No sense reinventing the wheel. Google is your friend.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude styleforum.net is the ****

not only that my wine collection is off the chain now off of alot of advice they gave. all kinds of good **** there.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
dude styleforum.net is the ****

not only that my wine collection is off the chain now off of alot of advice they gave. all kinds of good **** there.
Nice, I'll be checking this out. I used to love kinowear.com but they've been on hiatus.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhitePimp said:
I don't like forums with too many sections, it just gets too sparse. The only addition I would make on this site is a forum dedicated to FR's and LR's
Seconded.

May also include logs/journals.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
wealth: I wouldn't take wealth advice from people online. trail and error and hit barnes and noble.
I wouldn't have thought to take romance advice off people online either until I found sosuave, so why should it be any different for wealth?

Don Israel

Don Juan
Reaction score
why not have subsections for fashion and careers within the 'anything else' category

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
I wouldn't have thought to take romance advice off people online either until I found sosuave, so why should it be any different for wealth?
becuase less than 1 percent of the nation is considered wealthy.

what are the odds of more than say, 10 people here being actually wealthy? I know of one person here outside myself that I would consider wealthy.

plus, there really isn't that good advice ("like here") as far as dating in book stores.

nothing i can tell you here in regards to wealth would touch what is in the laws of success.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Everyone is interested in romance and dating. Some people give good advice.

Not many people are interested in becoming wealthy, and even less are actually wealthy. But everyone is willing to give useless advice about money management.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Everyone is interested in romance and dating. Some people give good advice.

Not many people are interested in becoming wealthy, and even less are actually wealthy. But everyone is willing to give useless advice about money management.
Look around you. I think you'll find in our increasingly materialistic society that just as many people, if not more, are interested in being wealthy as they are in romance. I doubt you can find someone in western civilisation (probably most other cultures too) that wouldn't rate being rich and having financial independence in their top 5 wants. Why do you think the lottery makes so much money and is more successful than dating businesses?

It's considered that the top 5% of society are rich. Then I'd consider a lot more would be well off or on the way to being wealthy. That's pretty similar to the proportion of DJs to AFCs we have in society. So you are going to get the same proportion of useless advice about wealth as you are going to get with romance in these forums

And to backbreaker, indeed everyone should read the Laws of Success, just as it is important to read the DJ bible. But the forums are the practical up to date places to discuss issues and do things that you can't do in books.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Look around you. I think you'll find in our increasingly materialistic society that just as many people, if not more, are interested in being wealthy as they are in romance. I doubt you can find someone in western civilisation (probably most other cultures too) that wouldn't rate being rich and having financial independence in their top 5 wants. Why do you think the lottery makes so much money and is more successful than dating businesses?

It's considered that the top 5% of society are rich. Then I'd consider a lot more would be well off or on the way to being wealthy. That's pretty similar to the proportion of DJs to AFCs we have in society. So you are going to get the same proportion of useless advice about wealth as you are going to get with romance in these forums

And to backbreaker, indeed everyone should read the Laws of Success, just as it is important to read the DJ bible. But the forums are the practical up to date places to discuss issues and do things that you can't do in books.
but no one can give you practical advice on wealth if THEY DON'T HAVE ANY.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Look around you. I think you'll find in our increasingly materialistic society that just as many people, if not more, are interested in being wealthy as they are in romance.
People are interested in spending money, not making money and being wise with their purchases.

I doubt you can find someone in western civilisation (probably most other cultures too) that wouldn't rate being rich and having financial independence in their top 5 wants. Why do you think the lottery makes so much money and is more successful than dating businesses?
Because people are stupid with their money. The lottery is unofficially known as the idiot tax. The chances of winning the lottery are a little better than getting hit by lightning.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
People are interested in spending money, not making money and being wise with their purchases.

Because people are stupid with their money. The lottery is unofficially known as the idiot tax. The chances of winning the lottery are a little better than getting hit by lightning.
Exactly! And it just proves how obsessed by money people are, it's a situation similar to women. People put material goods and money on a pedestal, which is why they will never attain them! It's an issue that needs to be fixed in our society, and sosuave can add its 2 pence to the cause by having a simple wealth forum, so that we can unplug chumps here financially as well as socially.

How do you know that no one has any practical advice to give on wealth BackBreaker? I can name a few successful businessmen off the top of my head, such as STR8UP, karmasutra and Rollo Tomassi. I imagine that you'd find a lot more wealthy successful people here too, because success with women tends to go hand in hand with success in wealth building aka if you can apply yourself to one aim, you can apply yourself to all. I think there's potentially a gold mine of knowledge from some people here to be shared, but it's stifled by the narrow purpose of the forums.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone is obsessed with SPENDING money, but few actually know how to make it.

You going to take financial advice from daddy's little girl with the big credit limit? Go for it.

Last edited: