Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Time to get Shredded: Expos goes to the Caribbean

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can someone help me devise a good cut? Remember that I need to leave at the tail end of February, so it's important for me to be as vascular and shredded as possible when I finally hit the beach.

Things are looking good so far. I'm definitely noticing some gains in my chest and shoulders.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4 miles easy at 8:20 pace + chest + abs + back today.

Girlfriend is starting notice changes. I told her I was trying to decrease body fat and she said "why? you have no fat!" Sigh.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi,

I not going to question your training methods but we have very different goals for our physiques. I think you mentioned you are 6-2, 200+lbs. I'm 6-2, 165 and sometimes less. In order for me to be your weight and size, I need at least 4 or 5 months of heavy eating/liftin almost no cardio.

Our physiques are completely different, and we are different types or athletes as well. I'm speed/endurance and you look to be strength. I'm working at being competitive in our regional running scene again and continue to play in my soccer team.

The images I have posted are probably not the best examples. The second is model by the name of Francisco Lachowski. Remember, he's got great lighting and Photoshop experts to make him seem more ripped than he really is. This photo might be closer to reality, and I'm really all not that far away from physique:

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/pho...ski-francisco-lachowski-33894823-772-1040.jpg

I truly believe that I need the following:

1. High-Protein intake
2. Complex Carbs/Carb Restriction
3. Lifting 4 days of week
4. Cutting mileage - namely long slow distance running.
5. Interval training

...to get me looking my best.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
WOW that is a hell of a difference. The model looks much skinnier in that link.
In the black and white photo or the color photo? I think he looks rail thin in the back and white photo.

Espi said:
I'm still not convinced that you can get shredded starting at 6'2 165. Are you thinking that you'll have gained or lost weight to get shredded? I haven't met many dudes in that weight that look shredded at my height. The lightest that I could see myself being shredded is 180. I got down to 195 in August 2014 and I thought I was starting to look skinny.
I think I'll probably gain about 5-10lbs. You can google "6-2 165 bodybuilding" and see pics of people around my size that are shredded. I just cannot gain too much weight and not be competitive in running - so I need to be somewhere in between.

Espi said:
Interval training? HIIT? .
HIIT. For me, it's stuff like 3 x 1 mile at threshold pace with a minute rest. Also, some harder 800m pace runs like pyramids (600m - 400m - 200m) with short rests. Soccer helps because it's sprint, jog, sprint, jog.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm getting in really good shape!

I'm finally dropping times in my workouts and logged 30+ miles this past week. Also, my bench has improved by at least 20 lbs since I started in December. My girlfriend also made another comment when I was getting out of the shower about the sartorial muscles than anchor my hips.

She also noticed a few women staring at me at our gym's hot tub the other day - and gave them a dirty look. :crackup:

I'll post another photo soon.

Dacarnix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Really nice work bro!
Huge difference between the photos,
I recently started a cut (two weeks in) and plan to cut for another ~6 weeks.

Good luck!

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dacarnix said:
Really nice work bro!
Huge difference between the photos,
I recently started a cut (two weeks in) and plan to cut for another ~6 weeks.

Good luck!

Keep at it! I'm loving the transformation. You should start a thread on this board to keep yourself motivated.

Day 43

http://imgur.com/MSJU8vM

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My man, you need to hit them lats HARD to offset the obliques, no disrespect, just an honest opinion..

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_flying_dutchman said:
My man, you need to hit them lats HARD to offset the obliques, no disrespect, just an honest opinion..
Are you saying that I'm not broad enough? My shoulders and back are actually quite wider than previous picture suggests.

My three main areas of concern are my shoulders, arms, and lower ab fat.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a week!

Monday

Running
4 miles at 8:50 pace (recovery jog)

Weights
Bench Press Free Weights 4x10
Cable Cross Low 4x10
Dips 4x10
Incline Bench Press Free Weights 4x10
Abs / Leg Raises 4x10
Seated Rows 4x10
Abs / Flat Bench Leg Raises 4x10

Tuesday

Running
10 minutes at 9 minute pace
3 x 1 mile with 1 minute standing rests (6:22 pace, 6:22 pace, 6:20 pace)
10 minutes at 9 minute pace

Weights
Heavy Shoulder Press 3x10
Shoulder Cable Side Raise 4x10
Shoulder Free Weight Side Raise and Push to Center 4x10
Bicep Curl Bar 4x10
Bicep Curl Free Weights 4x10
Cable Triceps Pushdown 4x10

Wednesday

Running
5 miles at 6:53 pace

Thursday

Running
6 miles at 7:35 pace

Weights
4x10 Bench Press Free Weights
4x10 Cable Cross
4x10 Incline Bench Press
4x10 Seated Rows
4x10 Shoulder Cable Side Raise
4x10 Compound Bicep Curl to Military Press
4x15 Abs: Leg Raise to Reverse Crunch
4x15 Abs: Leg Raise

Friday

Weights
4 x 8 Heavy Shoulder Press
4 x 10 Shoulder Flys Free Weights
4 x 8 Heavy Concentrated Bicep Curls
4 x 10 Compound Bicep Curl to Military Press
4 x 10 Tricep Cable Pushdown
4 x 10 Flat Bar Bicep Curl

Running
10 minute warm up at 9:00 minute pace
6 x 1000m (pace per mile - 6:22, 6:22, 6:22, 6:18, 6:18, 6:11)
10 minute cool down at 9:00 minute pace

Saturday

OFF

Sunday

Running
8 mile long run (aiming for 7:30 pace)

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Keep at it. Consistency always leads to results.
10 workouts a week. It's a pain in the ass but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've decided to cut out the protein shakes from my diet. I'm having acne breakouts on my face from the whey/casein/muscle milk and it's pretty unflattering.

The last protein shake I had was Monday and my face looked awful the next morning with big zits on my jawline and acne rashes on my cheeks.

Since then, my face has started to look a lot clearer. I'm upping my water intake and tossed my protein stuff in the garbage, opting for real sources of protein. I had no idea this stuff had these types of side-effects.

Has acne breakouts happened to anyone else here?

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luckily for me I've never had any issue with protein shakes... Looking at your pics you're doing well but I still think you can use more protein in your diet. Have you tried adding more fish in your diet? (halibut, salmon or tuna)

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KingBeef said:
Luckily for me I've never had any issue with protein shakes... Looking at your pics you're doing well but I still think you can use more protein in your diet. Have you tried adding more fish in your diet? (halibut, salmon or tuna)
Thanks man - Yes, I had Salmon last night (w/ Wild Rice, Asparagus, Broccoli). I also have tons of tuna fish in my refrigerator that I drain and eat straight out the can.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I get gas from whey protein. I'm 43 so no acne.
I googled it and it's pretty common for people to get acne with the Whey/Casein. I noticed smaller breakouts back in November when I started using small amounts of it, but my face went berserk was I started using it twice a day. Now that I've stopped, my face has cleared up substantially.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep it going!!

To get decent enough striations, definition and most of all size you got a long way to go brah.

Getting big isn't easy.

You are already pretty lean as it is so I would cut out the running and focus on just lifting heavy. Maybe cardio twice a week would suffice.

Bench, Deadlifts and Squats will work your entire body and release things like HGH and boost testosterone levels a lot which will help you grow fast and even aid in recovery when you sleep.

If anything try working out twice a day if your body can handle it.

I would give it a good year to put on any substantial amount of muscle.

Other than that keep at it brah!!!