Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Time Limit

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm wondering...is there a time limit on sex with a woman? How long is that window of opportunity open to get her in bed?

Personally I believe that if you aren't naked with a woman within the first 8 hours of actually being in the same room as her, you never will be.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I heard the 7 hour thing before. Now I never keep track but its a good rough indicator. Again like anything else before the guy who told me last week, that he wood a girl for a year and finally slept with her, I'm not saying that 7 hours is the only way you can do it, but its a generality that holds true for a reason.

Ingeniarius

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say it depends. Come too fast and you're a sex maniac or a creep. Come too slow, friend.

Usually you can make something happen the first time you're alone though.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would disregard the time thing personally, as long as you keep escalating with her physically each time you see her, you won't end up tossed in the friendzone.

Each woman is different, and that's the exciting thing is determining how much you should invest in each one, timewise. It can be pretty obvious when women try and use sex to control you, lead you on, etc..if that's the case don't waste your time.

However having a little patience can be good if you meet a quality gal that wants to establish some intimacy first before jumping in the sack.

Reaction score
Luveno said:
I'm wondering...is there a time limit on sex with a woman? How long is that window of opportunity open to get her in bed?

Personally I believe that if you aren't naked with a woman within the first 8 hours of actually being in the same room as her, you never will be.
What the hell are you doing in a room alone with a girl 8 hours and not making a move? If she rejects you can kick her out, and save yourself 6 hours.

But if you have a chance to kiss her, and you fail to try, that could be a wrap. Show's over.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
What the hell are you doing in a room alone with a girl 8 hours and not making a move? If she rejects you can kick her out, and save yourself 6 hours.

But if you have a chance to kiss her, and you fail to try, that could be a wrap. Show's over.
You misinterpreted my post.

I never said I was alone with a girl for 8 hours - just in the presence of one.

We're talking cumulative hours here too. For instance, if you meet her at the bookstore and talk to her for 10 minutes, then go on a 2 hour first date, and then go on another 4 hour romp on the town, that's six hours and ten minutes.

As for making the move sooner than later, I agree with that.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Mr.Positive said:
I would disregard the time thing personally, as long as you keep escalating with her physically each time you see her, you won't end up tossed in the friendzone.

Each woman is different, and that's the exciting thing is determining how much you should invest in each one, timewise. It can be pretty obvious when women try and use sex to control you, lead you on, etc..if that's the case don't waste your time.

However having a little patience can be good if you meet a quality gal that wants to establish some intimacy first before jumping in the sack.
Time is completely immaterial with the confines of building a relationship. If you put your focus on her box in a box, you'll be trying way too hard to be someone other than your congruent, true masculine self.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're taking this idea out of context. This is a Mystery Method principle, in that on average, it should only take 8 (non-contiguous) hours to get intimate with a woman IF her IL and attraction is such that she wants to be intimate with you. That's not continuous hours, heheh,.. So over the course of meeting/approaching (2 hours) and 2 dates (3 hours each) this is the optimal time frame in which to apply effort.

The mistake is to think that the clock is ticking and she'd better put out in that 8 hour window. Rather it ought to be used as a gauge to evaluate your own involvement and effort versus her IL and attraction to you. In other words it's a tool to alert you to when you're wasting your time.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Every moment is a window of opportunity, if you don't see it/know it/grasp it, then seriously your lost in transition!

Time is relative, you can get laid in the first one hour to the every end of the year from point in introduction.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ZenGodMod said:
Time is relative, you can get laid in the first one hour to the every end of the year from point in introduction.
What do you think the more common problem is; guys rushing into sex in an hour or sticking around for a year hoping to get laid?

This is exactly the mentality that time limits are intended to make an AFC aware of. It's like the 3 second rule - approach a girl giving you IOIs in 3 seconds or don't do it at all. It's not the time limit that's the issue, it's the fact that chumps will spend an inordinate amount of time contemplating reasons not to approach or make up things they think will make them cause for rejection instead of entering in with a boldness that would help them progress. It's a tool, a practice, not unlike snapping a rubberband on your wrist every time you do a habit you want to stop.

Same with a 3 strikes rule, same with a 3 day call rule, and the same for an 8 hour rule. An AFC's bigger problem isn't surepticiously blowing off a potential plate after 8 hours and no sex, it's his being self-aware enough to see he's wasted 8 month barking up the wrong tree.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
What do you think the more common problem is; guys rushing into sex in an hour or sticking around for a year hoping to get laid?

This is exactly the mentality that time limits are intended to make an AFC aware of. It's like the 3 second rule - approach a girl giving you IOIs in 3 seconds or don't do it at all. It's not the time limit that's the issue, it's the fact that chumps will spend an inordinate amount of time contemplating reasons not to approach or make up things they think will make them cause for rejection instead of entering in with a boldness that would help them progress. It's a tool, a practice, not unlike snapping a rubberband on your wrist every time you do a habit you want to stop.

Same with a 3 strikes rule, same with a 3 day call rule, and the same for an 8 hour rule. An AFC's bigger problem isn't surepticiously blowing off a potential plate after 8 hours and no sex, it's his being self-aware enough to see he's wasted 8 month barking up the wrong tree.
Thank you for clarifying RT. What the problem is, you get guys who are more advance who say to disregard it or its immaterial. Which is true, however those guys are missing the point of it. The point of it is not its an iron fast rule but really a guideline. A guideline for new guys that don't have all the skills and need a baseline until they can effectively judge a women's interest.

Your not suppose to be constantly thinking of the 8 hour time limit. But after you've gone on 2-4 dates, if you haven't gotten any poutang, most DJ's would cut bait and stop wasting their time. Thats the point. Not chasing her for a year until she finally feels sorry for you and gives you a sniff because all of her other branches died.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is some pretty good discussion happening.

I never really heard of an "8-hour rule" before. I was just thinking about my past experiences with the women I've had sex with and in all cases it has been within the first 8 hours of cumulatively being in their presence. Some within the first hour, others later than that.

Such an "8-hour rule" could illustrate a few points:

1. Initial attraction pre-intimacy wears off quickly, so don't become familiar.

2. Act sooner rather than later for success.

3. Your chances of scoring after 8 hours significantly lowers.

As stated by others before, this isn't a steadfast law. It's a guideline.
If you think about it, 8 hours is roughly the time it takes to go on 3 or 4 dates. If you aren't getting any by then, you never will.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
...Same with a 3 strikes rule, same with a 3 day call rule, and the same for an 8 hour rule. An AFC's bigger problem isn't surepticiously blowing off a potential plate after 8 hours and no sex, it's his being self-aware enough to see he's wasted 8 month barking up the wrong tree.
Is it just me or does all these time constraints mask the need for guys to be more cognisant about whats happening during their interactions with women? For example the 8-hour rule, it's a decent guideline but couldn't it be determined sooner through qualifying and determining her IL?

It just seems that guys seem not to do what's necessary during that time period and when it ends and they weren't "lucky enough" to have progressed, they just blow it off. I'm not saying that they shouldn't move on, just that they put more effort on watching the clock than using their DJ skills.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Icouldn't it be determined sooner through qualifying and determining her IL?

Absolutely, but think of the most common problems most AFCs have; scarcity mentality, over-applying themselves to non or minimally rewarding situations, sniper mentalities. An AFC's problem IS his tendency to overcommit, not snap judgments of situations where he NEXTs a girl who'd otherwise be interested.

Time limits are tools with the latent purpose of getting past a fear of rejection.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Is it just me or does all these time constraints mask the need for guys to be more cognisant about whats happening during their interactions with women?
IMO your putting the cart before the horse. Because they are not yet able to be cognisant about whats going on with their interactions with said women, there is this little rule to remind them that they haven't acted either quickly enough or in a way to build enough attraction to take the relationship to where it should be.

For example the 8-hour rule, it's a decent guideline but couldn't it be determined sooner through qualifying and determining her IL?
You are right that it should be determined sooner in most cases for DJ's. A DJ should bail when the signs or IL isn't there before the 8 hours. However you have to remember we are talking about rookies here who as RT aptly said "over-applying themselves to non or minimally rewarding situations ...tendency to overcommit". So this is a tool for them to use to judge their progress (or lack thereof)

Also many guys are trained to enter monogamous relationships and you do so by building a friendship with the girl, this is a way of helping to break that mentality.

It just seems that guys seem not to do what's necessary during that time period and when it ends and they weren't "lucky enough" to have progressed, they just blow it off.
This is exactly the problem with the AFC's mentality. They think its attributed to luck and thats how they justify their failures, you have to be lucky to have success in their minds.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't move on, just that they put more effort on watching the clock than using their DJ skills.
By no means are we suggesting watching the clock. Its a guideline to keep in minds afterwards when evaluating your situation with a particular plate.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Met a girl monday.

Went out with her tuesday.

She ASKED if she could stay the night after basically pushing herself into me but waiting for me to make the "real" move. We made out, but I had more fun talking to her all night and watching hockey. Yay a girl that REALLY likes hockey! She stayed but I didn't attempt sex. In the morning she actually said "thanks for not trying to have sex with me." We really did talk incessantly all night long building hell of a lot of rapport and developed several inside jokes.

Thursday she came with me and 2 friends to play pool and such. Went back to her place and sexed afterwards. Have had sex two more times since then.

I don't see the big deal. There's no rulebook. Another girl recently I had sex with the first night, woke up to her touching me in my special no-no place wanting more, had sex again, and she left and had zero interest in seeing me again for some reason. She feels like a hor?

Hmm which is better? The girl who now regularly gives lots of sex, offers massages, and wants to buy me stuff and is always trying to email, text, and call me or the girl who gave it twice in an 8 hour period and left forever?

I really don't think there's any hard rule to this. Can't you tell when you're really vibing with a girl and just KNOW you can get it from her when you want? When you know you can have it, it doesn't seem so pressing to have it. She'll still be there and likely be thankful to you for the pleasurable tease of making HER wait.

unless of course you just want some one night thing. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bang

Is it just me or does all these time constraints mask the need for guys to be more cognisant about whats happening during their interactions with women?
yeah, that... don't you just vibe and KNOW with pretty much certainty whether she likes you and/or wants to sex you? It's such a powerful feeling. I don't ever remember being told no when i go for a kiss or for sex because they really do make it fairly obvious if you're not totally oblivious.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Absolutely, but think of the most common problems most AFCs have; scarcity mentality, over-applying themselves to non or minimally rewarding situations, sniper mentalities. An AFC's problem IS his tendency to overcommit, not snap judgments of situations where he NEXTs a girl who'd otherwise be interested.

Time limits are tools with the latent purpose of getting past a fear of rejection.
Now this should make guys evaluate why they put so much weight on the guidelines that are out there. Are they acutally used as a guide or as a rule to help contain their fear of rejection.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
IMO your putting the cart before the horse. Because they are not yet able to be cognisant about whats going on with their interactions with said women, there is this little rule to remind them that they haven't acted either quickly enough or in a way to build enough attraction to take the relationship to where it should be.

You are right that it should be determined sooner in most cases for DJ's. A DJ should bail when the signs or IL isn't there before the 8 hours. However you have to remember we are talking about rookies here who as RT aptly said "over-applying themselves to non or minimally rewarding situations ...tendency to overcommit". So this is a tool for them to use to judge their progress (or lack thereof)

Also many guys are trained to enter monogamous relationships and you do so by building a friendship with the girl, this is a way of helping to break that mentality.

This is exactly the problem with the AFC's mentality. They think its attributed to luck and thats how they justify their failures, you have to be lucky to have success in their minds.

By no means are we suggesting watching the clock. Its a guideline to keep in minds afterwards when evaluating your situation with a particular plate.
It's kinda sad to think that there are guys with all of this crap rattling around in their heads. Then they're attempting to memorize all of these guidelines and to use them as a set of rules or a roadmap in order to find a way out of their current situations. Oh yeah, lay on top of that the fact that many of them are sarging women who either confuse things even more or help perpetuate the actions that make them an AFC in the first place. Oh, and who can forget the whole "looks" thing. What chance do these guys have? :crazy: