Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Time = Interest?

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No im not talking about Money.

I actually have a question

It just came up in my mind today, and worries me a bit.

I noticed a trend, and that is why i thought of this.
The first one was with sosuave. I would come here everyday, over 2 years ago, reading stuff and whatnot, sort of like i was addicted or something. It became what i thought about most of the time. I began to think that one of my lifetime goals was that id be able to approach women. Anyways, sosuave seemed to be a big "interest" i guess you would say of mine.

I think the next one may have been with guitar, or even any forums in general. But for instance playing guitar. Anything that i was around a lot, say i read the forum every day.. it seemed like i would take an interest in. I noticed how i used to like skateboarding for instance, altho i dont do it anymore, but if i saw it on tv it would get me kinda amped and want to skateboard again. but it wasnt like i was serious, it was almost like the television fooled me into thinking i was gonna like it..

Then, the next one is where i have the real dillemma with. Surfing. No, not the internet, but real Surfing. As in the ocean. I actually picked it up in 8th grade ( im in college now). Well it took me years before i got the hang of standing up(actually it was mainly after changing boards to a good one and watching a 15 second clip about standing up). Anyways, in the summer time i would do it a lot. I dont remember why at first, but i said that i was gonna be doing it every day. I definately enjoyed the beach. I like the sun. I like chicks in little clothing. And i like how the sun felt on my skin. But what about the actual surfing?
Thats what i started to like and became the embodiment of why i went to the beach. Well for that summer, and even into the weekends of the skool year id go surfing. The ocean was always there, and friends werent. Eventually i got in a car crash and wasnt aloud to go surfing for a very long time. Some time the next year i got another car handydown and started going again. And in the summer it was back to the same go surfing every day routine. I got used to the habit, and id go any hour of the day(whether it was late or 5 am.. i just wanted to go.. even if the conditions were horrible). Id even stay out for VERY long periods of time, up to 9 hours, with no food, and completely no rest. I really enjoyed everything about surfing. I enjoyed how i could talk to the ppl so much easier than people on land. I liked being in the ocean. I liked how natural surfing was. How waves seem to come out of no where, and they are not created by man. Its not like snowboarding or skateboarding. And just gliding on a wave seemed really fun. Heck, just typing up those reasons is starting to make me think the reasoning im about to tell you is wrong, but ill get to the point.

The point is, im wondering if me doing something so much, making a habit(and that something is surfing), is what made me like it, or do i really actually love it? Because for a while i was thinking surfing was my passion. In fact thats my motivation to get good grades to get a high paying job. So that i can live in a nice place such as california or hawaii and go surfing often.

For anyone who had patience to read this far, what do you think?

Bjon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i think you kind of have a point. I mean when you do something and you like it, you tend to want to do it more. Once you start doing it more i guess you just like it even more that you can't stop doing it. You honestly love something so that's all you want to do. You just want to be able to do that because it makes you happy.

So what i'm saying is that if you like something, then you want to do it more. The more you do it the more you like it. And then it becomes a habit and you just do it everyday. Not because you have trained yourself to do it everyday, but because you love it so much that you do it everyday.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'll bump this, I want the input of older people who have been through this.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's called "passion". Think about it this way, if you didn't like surfing would you have spent all that time learning it and getting to know the sport?

This reminds me of a friend that was on varsity basketball for a long time, and he was good, but one day he just had enough of it. He explained to me that the sport was no longer fun, even though he had spent most of his life playing the game. Playing basketball was essentially ritualistic for him. He played whenever he had the chance, and look where he is now.

Champion

Reaction score
I'll give you my reply for this.

I wouldn't say "time=interest" is as true as everyone has an ability to like certain things.

Take me for example. Back in high school I naturally wanted to get the ladies, so I decided on a way of increasing my chances by decreasing my competition, I joined the school Choir.

Now at the start, I joined as a way of purely and unapoligetically getting women (I know I know), but as soon as talent came out, I wanted to hold on to it. Singing had an element of challenge and emotion that I liked and it hooked me.

But take me and put me in this situation again, but this time with no talent at all. My voice and dancing ability seem to have a strange familiarity to Sammo Hung from American Idol. Do you think I would pursue it? or would I drop it and try to keep my pride?

You, to do your surfing probably get the same thing I got from singing. Challenge, attention, you liked the way the waves felt as much as I liked the power comming up from my diaphram.

Would it be the habit of going to class everyday that gave me this? Nah I wouldn't say that so much as the reason I got into that habit in the first place.