Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Time for Creatine?

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I think I'm at a stage where i could use a little help. I've creatine before, about 3 yrs ago, saw incredible gains, but my focus was mirror muscles. Since then I have concentrated on strenght training. For 3+ years now I've been on the 5x5, and don't see a reason to change. I don't increase the weight per workout, but per week (texas method). My current numbers are 315 squat (not fully ATG, but bellow parellel), 225 bench, 410 dead, 185 clean, 175 OH. I'm not sure of my 1 rep max's cuz I haven't tried in a while.

Anyway, Its been so long that i've even had creatine on my mind, I have forgotten most of the information about it. I know I should stick with monohydrate, but I've seen other brands such as NO Xplode.

Those who have used creatine or are on it, please fill me in on the good products and the bad products and any other suggestions.

Thanks

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monohydrate is fine. Don't waste your money on crap like NO Xplode. It's best taken with sugar or something sugary like grape juice. Do not mix it in your drink and leave it there. It degrades in a couple hours. So mix it and drink it. Or just put the powder in your mouth and wash it down.

It's best taken after a workout when you need the sugars and your body is depleted of creatine. Loading phase is a couple of weeks. Take like 20g per day for a couple weeks. Small teaspoon is 5g. After that you only need a teaspoon / 5g per day. I take it in the morning when sugars are ok, and after workout.

If you don't do the loading phase it will take much longer to build up in your body.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard there's no point in loading.

Plus for me I started taking it before I work out and I feel a bigger difference in my workouts as opposed to taking it AFTER my workout.

I agree that Mono is better then all the other creatine out there, plus those side effects that everyone claims about mono is false.

Werman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never used creatine before, so I had some questions for laypeople that use it regarding the stuff as I'm thinking of trying it out for a few months.

I've heard that it dehydrates you. Did you need to increase your water intake when you used it? If so, how much?

How significant are the gains you get with it vs without it? Is it mostly for strength building? Does it assist in fat burning and getting more "ripped"?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Loading is extremely wasteful but it does work. It really depends on the person't diet. If you eat plenty of red meat your cells have plenty of creatine already and loading won't make a difference, or supplementation too.

I'll try taking it before workouts. That sounds like a great idea. Your burning creatine working out and replacing it with the contents of your stomach at the same time. Hmmm...

@ werman. Yes, it dehydrates you some. When you're thirsty drink something. Bring a bottle of water around if you're loading.

It's for everything. Creatine is an energy boost alongside the ATP molecule. It allows you to workout harder. Endurance or strength is up to you. Its found naturally in the muscles and supplementation boosts the natural levels to the maximum the body can take.

How creatine works:

Your body runs off ATP (adenosine tri-phosphate). It's the energy 'currency' for all your cells. Your cells do something, then ATP is used up it turns from ATP (tri-phosphate) into ADP (di-phosphate). The extra phosphate gets used up. Creatine has an extra phosphate which it gives to ADP turning it back into ATP very quickly.

ADP is normally converted back into ATP anyways by burning your energy stores, but its much quicker to steal it from the creatine molecules instead.

That's how it gives an energy boost.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. Just went to vitaminshoppe and got monohydrate. I try and stay away from red meat ( only on sundays) so I may need to do the loading phase.

Mandy1

Reaction score
Why do black patients with advanced kidney disease have higher levels of creatinine, a standard indicator of kidney function, than whites" Contrary to what doctors have thought, the difference may not necessarily reflect differences in muscle mass related to younger age or differences in body composition, reports a study in the July 2008 issue of the Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't even logically think of a reason for a loading phase.

If you theoretically use 2g a day and are taking in 5g a day, how are you not eventually fully loaded?

What would be the rationale behind it?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandy1 said:
Why do black patients with advanced kidney disease have higher levels of creatinine, a standard indicator of kidney function, than whites" Contrary to what doctors have thought, the difference may not necessarily reflect differences in muscle mass related to younger age or differences in body composition, reports a study in the July 2008 issue of the Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology
Creatinine is a break-down product of creatine phosphate in muscle, and is usually produced at a fairly constant rate by the body (depending on muscle mass). Chemically, creatinine is a spontaneously formed cyclic derivative of creatine.

Werman

Don Juan
Reaction score
So from what you have explained, I gather that supplementing Creatine would cause more creatinine to be present in the body?

Would this cause your kidneys to work harder to excrete this by-product?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Werman said:
Would this cause your kidneys to work harder to excrete this by-product?
Yes, any extra chemicals mean more work for kidneys. But that's why you have two of them. If you're really worried eat less garbage and drink less alcohol.

Garbage: foods reduced in nutrients that contain preservatives and 'enhancers'.

Moneytalks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does creatine actually help get gains in strength, or does it just result in a "faux" muscle type gain?

I don't mind really. I'm looking to get some extra definition and size for summer, so I'm happy with the faux muscle.

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Waste of money, creatine doesn't do that much anyway. Only hormones give a significant increase in strength and size.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Moneytalks said:
Does creatine actually help get gains in strength, or does it just result in a "faux" muscle type gain?

I don't mind really. I'm looking to get some extra definition and size for summer, so I'm happy with the faux muscle.
Yes, many people report a gain in the number of repetitions they can do whilst using it, but not necessarily a gain in their 1RM. However, one could argue that if you're able to do a higher amount of repetitions with a given weight then over time your 1RM will increase more than if you couldn't.

It also helps people recovery better.

In short, it's a very good supplement and dirt cheap.

ssj4halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iv used creatine for almost a year with incredible results.

First of all, you need to have a proper diet and excercise routine for it to have full affect. You need to drink a LOT more water. a little less than a gallon. It will give you a volumizing look and add 2-3 lbs of water weight.

creatine is not a waste, its very beneficial(I am an ectomorph so I needed it because of my crappy genes.)

I load on creatine and take about 2-3 g of it before and after I workout. Thisi s because before I can load up my creatinine stores so when I workout I can get the most out of it. Its okay if you take too much. All it does is get excreted by your body(so don't worry about that). PLus as someone mentioned it its dirt cheap so I really don't care if I take a gram or two extra everyday..

The reason behind the loading phase is merely so to get loaded faster(compared to just getting loaded in like 3-4 weeks). Its really not necessary. THere might be a little more gains or whatever but why wouldn't you want to get loaded up faster?? You can get gains much faster.

Moneytalks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers, guys.

I'd like to see results quickly, but I don't want to go and get 1kg and be in the 20% of people that don't really reap the benefits :p

I have a lot of supplements to buy soon, so I'll whack some creatine into it :rockon:

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally hate mono. It makes me feel bloated, I had issues on the toilet. I love Creatine Ethyl Ester. Do some research on it. All the problems I had with mono went away when I used the Ester. I get CEE on Amazon and they give you a crap load of servings which is great.

Ectomorph

Don Juan
Reaction score
ssj4halo said:
Iv used creatine for almost a year with incredible results.

First of all, you need to have a proper diet and excercise routine for it to have full affect. You need to drink a LOT more water. a little less than a gallon. It will give you a volumizing look and add 2-3 lbs of water weight.

creatine is not a waste, its very beneficial(I am an ectomorph so I needed it because of my crappy genes.)

I load on creatine and take about 2-3 g of it before and after I workout. Thisi s because before I can load up my creatinine stores so when I workout I can get the most out of it. Its okay if you take too much. All it does is get excreted by your body(so don't worry about that). PLus as someone mentioned it its dirt cheap so I really don't care if I take a gram or two extra everyday..

The reason behind the loading phase is merely so to get loaded faster(compared to just getting loaded in like 3-4 weeks). Its really not necessary. THere might be a little more gains or whatever but why wouldn't you want to get loaded up faster?? You can get gains much faster.
sweet! im an ectomorph too lol i was thinking of buying creatine but i got a question, im 5'8 and 130lbs and loading, do i need it?? and how do i load??

falcon814

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your trying to gain weight by taking creatine... then Id recommend you start eating more calories first then think about creatine as it makes you gain a lot of water weight.