tickets question

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Went out with an HB7 couple of times. This girl is an actress and occasional model, mid 20s. She is also fairly intelligent. I enjoy her company but don't have any other interest in her for now. So I have treated her like a friend.

Anyway, we have a date for next weekend, but she just emailed me to offer me tickets to a concert. She says "you don't have to take me if you don't want to" and says she might be too tired from work that day to go anyway. However, I know she loves live shows.

So, I said "thanks for the tix" and nothing more. I figure I can always invite her later. But my question is, what kind of test is this? (assuming it is one)

I mean, she could have simply invited me to the concert if she wanted to go with me. Or she could have invited any other guy if she didn't and I would never know.

Possibilities:

1. She's too chicken to ask me out directly, so this is the chick way of doing it

2. She wants to see if I would take somebody else instead of her

3. She is just reciprocating the nice stuff I did for her and being a good friend

4. She wants to keep things "even" so she doesn't owe me "anything"

Anyway, what's the DJ way to play it?

PrinceBeavis

Banned
Reaction score
She's probably feeling very underwhelmed by your lack of interest, and figures it's just as well to stay home, than to go and not be pursued.

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Apparently there is an after-party involved. So I need to give the name of my guest to the organizer. Now what do you guys think?

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dopexile said:
personally I think it'd be freakin hillarious to go with some other chick... ha ha
yeah, me too :D

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Here's my take. Who cares? Take the tickets. If you take someone else and piss her off, who cares, your a talented guy, she isn't your only plate, you've got other options.

Have fun and live life.

Or there is the other side, if you really like her, then don't take the tickets at all, if it is indeed a test, don't get sucked in, simply don't take them, let her do something with them, its not your problem.