Thursday date report

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went out for a drink with this girl tonight and I think it went well.

First, I called her to tell her I was going to be 10 minutes late. The Oregon Ducks Basketball game was on and that was top priority. She said she hated the Ducks. I told her not to show up then and left it at that.

When she arrived I had put on my Oregon Duck jacket, which I hadn't really planned on wearing but wanted to wear it just because she said she didn't like the team.

She arrives and orders and pays for her own drink.

Anyway, we start talking and I am really giving her crap abiout where she went to school and for saying some dumb things.
She even says: Swing and a miss, I sound like a real brat.

I agree.

So, she tells me about her other recent dates that "were clingy."
I get that hint that I will wait days to call her, if I do.

She says: Boy, you are a smartass. I didn't think I'd meet more of a smartass. You just seem too laid back. Like do you have any passions?"

I was a bit put-off about the "do you have any passions" comment. So, i answered seriously.

The waitress comes by and asks if we want more drinks. She says no, just water. So I am thinking OK this will be a quick exit. She tells me I should feel special because 'Grey's Anatomy' is on, and she is sacrificing that for me. I tell her the 'Office' was on and I am doing the same, but I can leave in a hurry.

I give her trouble about just one drink. I said, 'just one drink, huh. A quick exit.'
TO which she responds. "Believe me if it was bad I'd be having a lot more.'

We talk some more. And she tells me that she sees me as a 'glass half-empty' guy. I was like, what are you talking about? I have been laughing and making fun of you the whole time.

More talk.

She says, 'usually there is some seriousness so people can get to know each other.'

She says 'I can tell we are going to have a sarcastic friendship.'

Whoa. Wait a second, did she just drop 'friendship?'

I tell her, 'ouch, that hurts. Who says I want to be friends.'

So, I am not sure how it's going. Apparently, I am laid-back guy, who is glass half-empty, with a sarcastic side that might be good as a friend.

I continue on.

She asks if I would call tomorrow.

I said, I didn't know. But, she still has time to redeem herself.
She says, Yeah, I am being a *****.

I didn't think she was. BUt she kept saying how she felt she was striking out.

She asks if I am bored. I remind her that she made the friend comment and that she is tearing up paper. She was playing with her napkin. (maybe nervous energy?). I said, you know, you can leave if you want. She says if she wanted to, she would.

She asks me about what I am looking for in a girl, what my longest relationship was, when I last dated ( I told her Monday).

So, I decide after an hour 15 minutes it's time to go. So, I say, let's get out of here.

She says, 'I had fun with you.'
My reply: I know.

She makes fun of me as I put on my jacket (that she doesn't like cause she went to a rival school) and I said, yes, it's great. Her reply: Now, actually you know how to dress.

I walk her to her car and she asks if I want a ride back to mine. I said, OK. I take out a piece of gum and ask her if she wants one. She says, yes. Then she jokes. 'Are we going to make out?'

I said, Of course.

She drops me near my car. I giver her a hug. A car is right behind us, so I felt rushed to get out of the car. But, I also wanted her to be on her toes. She mentioned kissing, not me. I probably could have gone for the kiss, but I think by NOT doing what she joked about, I made myself 'harder' to get.

I will call her again. But, not til next week.

Not a bad first date.

I just need to improve on:

Acting interested but not too interested. Today I was to aloof.

Not giving her 'outs.' I always try and gauge a girls interest by picking up on a clue and harping on it. For example she said, you look bored. I said ' I am havning fun. Maybe you are bored. You can leave if you want.'
I shouldn't have said it, but it was a test. I need to stop that.

Killing the silence and being more funny. Yes, I was funny. But, it was mostly at her expense. But, she knew it was all in good fun.

Not a bad Thursday night. Tomorrow is Friday, the night with the boys to go out and about.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice date report. I am actually supposed to go out with 3 different girls this weekend. One for friday,saturday,sunday. I am going to post all these on my thread. Hopefully all three don't flake. One of them will be a first date and other 2 are 2nd dates.

Ok I think all around you did a good job. You should have kiss closed her. I don't care if a car was behind you. Tell her to pull over because you want to kiss her. kiss her in the bar. Just go for it. This girl gave you alot of IOI. What everyone here must remember is you need to go in for the kill.

You must capitalize on the opportunity. This possibly could have been a fvck close if you played your cards right. This girl has interest but the next time you go out with her be a LION. Be aggressive.

Anyways great thread and keep up the goodwork:rockon:

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True. I guess I was reading too much into her WORDS and not enough into her ACTIONS.

I like writing these because it helps me improve. Her words were saying one thing....but her actions (hugging, giving me a ride to my car, joking about kissing) said a lot more.

I should have kiss closed. That way I get immediate feedback and know where I stand. Not sure why I held back.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah she gave you plenty of physical IOI. Physical IOI is much better than verbal ones. I have seen girls play guys by giving them verbal IOI. When a girl gives you physical IOI its money in the bank.

Listen this girl is into you. Its money in the bag. Its like taking candy from a baby. Just be a LION.

Remember scought your at the top of the food chain. Now you just need to be aggressive and go in for the kill.

Hey bro next time you go out with her post the experience on this thread, or on my dating games thread. I am interested to see how it plays out. I love real life situations.

If you like real life situations than check out rexman's 50 game thread.

woods

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know if thursday is the best day to keep a girl hanging. The weekend is tommorrow, and its party time, with other dudes going for the kill. Seal something now.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Woods, that makes some sense.

However, she works retail and Thursday night was her 'Saturday night.'

She has today off, has to work this weekend, so it's OK.

Plus, I have to meet other girls this weekend anyway.

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good report. Great work also. Personally if there is nothing sexual going on between us during the date, then I always try to kiss close at some point, if i can help it, not at the end. That way she definaltly knows I'm not trying to be her friend.