Thought on "being friends" with no intention of it.

salinechow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel I have raised my game to a point of getting "friendzoned" not being a difficulty for me.

If a woman says that, or demonstrates that, after two more tries, I drop her.

So...What about saying you would be fine with that to create comfortability at first to get them "out" and take it(escalate) from there?

Thoughts?

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never ever go in the friendone, if a girl tries to put you in there you just cease contact.

In general you only end up there if you messed up and then went along with it in the hopes of getting out. It's just not the place to be. Don't do it.EVER

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Never be just friends with a woman. If you accept just being friends, you won't be anything more than an orbiter at most, ghost at least.

Whether or not you accept the friendzone, she ain't gonna bang you. Just stop giving her attention.

Case closed.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
agree with the above posters. the friendzone is a place for suckers, she can use you for attention/validation/emotional tampon and you get jack in return. unless you like being frustrated, cut the cord.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I generally believe men and women cannot be just friends, and there be no underlying sexual tension....I do believe there are rare cases where truly platonic friendships exist between a man and a woman.

Takes a lot of mature and self awareness on both sides. I had such a friendship before, but she ended up being very judgy of the way I handled my dating life and talked about women.

FCB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not advisable but its possible. I think the best scenario is if you are friends in a group or on a team or something together. You can be friends but keep somewhat distant and have fun and don't pay them much attention. If you are happy, engaging and socializing and showing value amongst others and a girl has a front row seat for that then it can go positive for you. The key is you have to just be yourself, if you are a leader and are confident and fun and they see that its always a positive, problem is most people being friend zoned have feelings and are alone or forcing the issue. Girls will see that and if oyu have or had somewhat of a connection and they are now on the outs with you and you aren't giving them your attention personally then you're value to them goes up, you have to make sure though to be like you are with everyone else with them and withdraw the attention and talk around them at times, make them crave your attention, then tease and give them some of it. Basically switch the table on the friendzone and put them in a friendzone and be engaging and flirty with all women, she has to work to get you back and win your attention, this works best when you are also spinning plates since you are less invested and its now much more socially accepted to flirt or give hints about women you are dating etc.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl tried proposing friendship to me one time...

I told her no because we wouldn't be good friends and she asked why... I just smirked and gave her my "I want you look" and walked away. She kind of looked/sounded disappointed, in a good way.

Then I went ghost.

Never accept the friend zone or actively be in it. Always be seen as sexual.

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Friendzone her before she does it to you.

This way she will be the one 'blown' off and just for her self esteem she will probably try to re-validate herself for you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
salinechow said:
I feel I have raised my game to a point of getting "friendzoned" not being a difficulty for me.

If a woman says that, or demonstrates that, after two more tries, I drop her.

So...What about saying you would be fine with that to create comfortability at first to get them "out" and take it(escalate) from there?
Actually, I agree completely with salinechow here. He's talking about a specific situation where a women tells you she just wants to hang out as friends. She may be doing this as a sh!t test, or she may just not feel comfortable about getting sexual with you yet. There's no need to let this get your panties in a bunch.

What I have always done in this case is agree "of course", but then proceed as usual. In other words, escalate. Despite what the manosphere says, a girl wanting to start out as friends does NOT preclude you from being friends with benefits. All you have to do is spend some time with her, show her how cool you are, and escalate. I've had girls start out just wanting to be friends, and then end up chasing ME for sex.0

Shoot, I know this guy at work, asked out one of the hottest chicks I know, she said she wanted to go out as friends. They did, and now they're dating regularly as an item.

archon8692

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you're tricking her into a date buy telling her you just want to be friends. There is like NO chance you escape the friend zone...

That demonstrates ZERO game.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
archon8692 said:
Sounds like you're tricking her into a date buy telling her you just want to be friends.
That's not correct at all. Sometimes girls may not be comfortable with you right away, so they ask to hang out as friends.

Most of you guys just read PUAs talk about the "friendzone" being bad so you just parrot it back. But you can't be "friends with benefits" if you are not "friends".

I wouldn't use being friends as a strategy, because there are more effective methods. But when presented with it, it's far from being a hopeless situation like some would have you believe.

Lozboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP needs to read some Red Pill books.

What a stupid thread.

NEVER accept friends- with any woman you are interested in. In fact according to the Rational male 'being mates to get to her hot friends' doesn't work either.

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
That's not correct at all. Sometimes girls may not be comfortable with you right away, so they ask to hang out as friends.

Most of you guys just read PUAs talk about the "friendzone" being bad so you just parrot it back. But you can't be "friends with benefits" if you are not "friends".

I wouldn't use being friends as a strategy, because there are more effective methods. But when presented with it, it's far from being a hopeless situation like some would have you believe.

this is true, i remember telling one girl I just wanted to be friends...then when we hung out again, "you're being really manipulative, i thought you liked me...do you like me" she became really insecure

if your game is tight, you look good, you can say ok cool, let's be friends, get her to hang out, try to escalate, if she refuses to let you escalate, just next her

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ive got one social circle with about 16 chicks in it and only about 4 guys

we often do loads of things that freinds would do but that dosent stop any of them from sleeping or making out with us

guys are petrified of the "freindzone" but i think its fine to be "freinds" with a girl just so long as she understands that you are actually a man and not a fag that bends to her every wish

altec

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is, if the OP is so awkward that it is a step up to become "friends" with a girl then maybe it is a good idea to not even focus on "dating" a girl but just to get comfortable around girls.

I have specifically been the one to put girls in the "friends" category and the funny thing is that those girls usually come around to reveal that they have "feelings" for me at some point. It is probably because I act like I don't care around them because I don't. Maybe OP needs some general practice (i.e. actual friends and not being an orbiter around a girl).

I have also asked for a girls number with the specific purpose of being a friend and even told her as much. The first time we went out we ended up having a great chemistry and I ended up quickly escalating and she was really surprised as she thought I just liked her as a friend. I think some girls will take the "friends" comment from a guy and want to prove that they are worth of being a girlfriend. Obviously, doesn't always happen.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always considered the "lets just be friends thing" more of a "lets put you on the backburner" type of thing. As in, if the guy she is currently seeing/banging/chasing doesn't work out then maybe she'll consider it. Yeah I've heard some stories about people being "friends first" and now they are a couple. But those a few and far between and more than likely one of them either wore the other down or sat in the friend-zone for a period of time while the other person was dating or pursuing someone.

Last edited: