This is why you should ignore the posters who demand we remove our anonymity

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-41750136

Made some honest comments about women in 2002, when he was 19 years old. Loses his job in 2017.
This has happened so many times. As normal as it seems to us, the kind of things we discuss here simply aren't accepted in mainstream culture. Therefore, preserving your anonymity should be of utmost importance. You never know where you might find yourself tomorrow.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
Even when you post anonymously.. how anonymous are you really? I worry sometimes.

I guess as long as your name isn't next to the comment you made or linked to an email address with your name it leaves room for you to deny it, but if you hack deep enough you can probably still expose anonymous people.

You don't really need to worry too much if you stay in the low profile world. But if you become high profile (a CEO, a Mayor, run for President) its very possible people will find ways to dig up all kinds of dirt on you.

I decided a long time ago I never want a job in the public eye. There is freedom in living stealth and flying under the radar. Its why I don't even post on Facebook anymore.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know people who have lost their jobs from something they had said on Facebook (wasn't about women though). The company considered it embarrassing and didn't want to be associated with them.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use dummy e-mails and a VPN and make sure to slightly change up my stories