Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

this is why you dont date people in the workplace

JohnnyStrabler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I have to work with her (a girl i have oneitis for) on Tuesday! And we have to do the only part of my job where we actually have to communicate! What do I do?

I sort of just cutted off all contact with her last November (she did not contact back), and we sorta just started ignoring each other, I dont know how we started doing that. I think its that one time she said hey, and I, jokingly did not say hi back, though I looked back smiling sorta giving away that it was a joke.

I think I am overthinking it! I know I should make small talk, but be nonchalant/show no emotions. But what if she said something along the lines of "dont talk to me!" or something like that.

I know there is no reason she would do that except that I saw her and the girl I used to talk to together talking to each other the other day and they both stared at me for a good 30 seconds

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnnyStrabler said:
Now I have to work with her (a girl i have oneitis for) on Tuesday! And we have to do the only part of my job where we actually have to communicate! What do I do?

I sort of just cutted off all contact with her last November (she did not contact back), and we sorta just started ignoring each other, I dont know how we started doing that. I think its that one time she said hey, and I, jokingly did not say hi back, though I looked back smiling sorta giving away that it was a joke.

I think I am overthinking it! I know I should make small talk, but be nonchalant/show no emotions. But what if she said something along the lines of "dont talk to me!" or something like that.

I know there is no reason she would do that except that I saw her and the girl I used to talk to together talking to each other the other day and they both stared at me for a good 30 seconds

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

*slap* get a hold of yourself and stop acting like a hysterical woman.

Go about your duties. If she speaks. Say hi. If she continues, keep it short and politely excuse yourself. If it's work related, stay on topic ALWAYS. Stay calm and carry on. Man up son.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Don't get your meat where you get your bread.

I used to date women at work and be proud that I got the girl (in the engineering field there is usually only 1 or 2 hot single woman in the building, if that). But after the last work GF started seeing someone else at work (to make me jealous after I left her) - it really hurt. It was a major distraction, and she went out of her way to rub it in.

I realized it was karma, that many of the other people at work were probably feeling like I did when I started dating her. So don't do it, or at least be 100% discreet. Otherwise, it's a good way to be secretly hated at work.

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm actually dealing with this sh*t now. I don't know what the hell over came me, but I used to have so much control while in the work place.

I got this one chick to send me nude pics of her (took me a whole year) this month, but I still can't get her to sleep with me because according to her, I would be cheating on my girlfriend (she knows about her because they started together and were work buddies...but my girl quit a while back) and she would feel guilty.

Now, I've pretty much cut her out and only talk with her about work related stuff. I'm kicking myself because I should have stopped when I was ahead. It's a bit difficult, but she won't be with us for too long...so at least I have that to look forward to.

Big Overseas 1

Don Juan
Reaction score
People always say that you should never date women you work with, but fellas do it all the time and they're gonna keep doing it too. I know quite a few guys who met their future wives that way. But it still seems dicey to me though.

Wonder what the stats are for married fellas who met their future wives while on the job?

JohnnyStrabler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:

Go about your duties. If she speaks. Say hi. If she continues, keep it short and politely excuse yourself. If it's work related, stay on topic ALWAYS. Stay calm and carry on. Man up son.
See, I can't just excuse myself. As I said in this case we are forced to interact with each other! Grrrrrr!!!

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:

Well said.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Warrior74 said:

You beat me to the punch, and the slap! Sadly I can't rep you.

Overthinking and overanalyzing is bad for your game.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP I know where you're coming from. I had this happen to me and it made my life hell. It didn't make things any better that she was a huge flirt and started flirting with other guys at work. It made me jealous and it made it hell to concentrate on work because i wasn't completely over her.

Look at it this way. You reap what you sow. You broke the "don't date people from the workplace rule" and now you're suffering the consequences. It's part of life to get punished for breaking life's rules.

Don't worry if you keep working on your game and gaming other women your likelyhood of getting oneitis becomes very low in the future.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wonder what the stats are for married fellas who met their future wives while on the job?
These are guys who can't meet women any other way.

Remember 85% of all men have absolutely no game whatsoever.

ZenoB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, this is why you don't do that. Problem is most guys don't realize or believe how bad it can get. When they worship you like a god and fall into your lap, it's hard to imagine this happening. I have had to deal with my ex at work for over a year, and I am an expat overseas. When we broke up she was the only friend I thought I had, in another country. She cheated on me with another dude at work, who only sat a few meters away from us, and they're still together a year later (we were together 7 months).

If I can deal with that bull****, you can deal with yours. Yes it is a mind****, but just ignore her unless it has to do with work. Pretend she is dead to you, that she is a ghost. If you have to work directly together, no small talk, only work talk. You're going to have to learn how to deal with your emotions like a man now.