Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This is just unbelievable

DK1974

Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a date with this woman last Sunday and things went well. I thought we hit it off very well and there wasn't a dull moment during the couple hours that we were out together.

Anyway, I called her on Thursday and talked for about 20 minutes and set something up for last night. We were gonna go to the comedy club for a few drinks and then check out a new classy bar down the street that had just opened up in town after the show.

So it's around 6 p.m. last night and still hadn't heard a word from her. I knew she had quite a few things going on during the day, running her daughter around; etc. So I sent her a text message and asked her if she still planned on coming out. She responds back right away and said that she was out to dinner with the family, her parents ended up coming to town for her daughters play. I sent her a text back saying that I am heading out and she can join me later if she wants. She responds again saying she will text in a little bit after she is done with dinner. I didn't hear anything after that and I didn't respond back to her either. I ran into a few buddies downtown later last night and had a goodtime.

I thought I would expect a little more out of a professional woman that is 40 years old and seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. At least a little common courtesy anyway to tell me she couldn't make it or wasn't interested. I didn't even get that.

Should I respond back or just the delete number all together? She found me on facebook as well. I hardly use the site to begin with but I'm think if I delete the # I should remove her from there as well. What do you think?

DK1974

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm bumping this. Would you reply to this email? This is what she sent me late this morning. Picture yourself in my shoes, we have all been here at one point or another. If you were to reply what would you say? Not saying I'm going to, just curious and looking for opinions.

Her: Sorry i didn't get back to you last night. We waited forever for a table and I guess I got a little loopy without any food all day so I aploogize. it was fun to hang out with the family. Hope you had a good night as well.

This was the response that I got only a few minutes after posting a status update wish for some friends of mine, wishing them a happy mother's day.

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strike one! I'd give her another chance, but if she flakes again, it's strike two and out. Always live by the two-strikes system. Some use three-strikes, but I think flaking twice is more than enough to get nexted.

Jay Dee

Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, that doesn't need a reply. Also if you don't it tells her that to treat you with indifference means you in return will not give her much of your time. Give it about a week then contact her and try to arrange another night - and this time escalate matters. If she tries to contact you in that time, say to her you'll speak to her at a later time as you are a bit busy.

Funlol

Don Juan
Reaction score
F that *****
so she flakes and didn't reschedule? Clearly she isn't interested. Either don't reply or send her a short reply like "it's ok. Have a good week"

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this really that unbelievable?

If you think this is THAT unbelievable then you clearly do not understand women.

Men = Logic
Women = Emotions

Logic is solid as a ROCK and emotions move like the wind. All over the place.

Logically speaking, this woman should have met up with you, but emotionally, she just wasn't feeling it.

Instead of blaming it on her, it may be time to take some responsibility and look back on maybe WHY she isn't emotionally interested anymore.

You say that you 'hit it off' very nonchalantly as if she was wet in her panties after every word you said. Was she? Did you have her laughing at herself the whole time? Was she making attempts @ kino even when you didn't initiate?

I don't know what 'hit it off' means. For a lot of men, 'hit it off' could mean that you sat over a few drinks and found out that you had a lot of things in common with a girl like favorite movies or music. This is not 'hitting it off' with a girl. This is 'hitting it off' with a friend.

So you can see how easily one man believes he has a woman, while all he really is to her is another friend.

This is why it is not that unbelievable.

A little more description may help.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DK1974 said:
Anyway, I called her on Thursday and talked for about 20 minutes and set something up for last night.

So it's around 6 p.m. last night and still hadn't heard a word from her.
if you set up a date over the phone why need to "confirm" it only gives an opportunity for her to flake...i fshe agreed then she should be there

if she dont turn up then forget about her...!?

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DK1974 said:
Had a date with this woman last Sunday and things went well. I thought we hit it off very well and there wasn't a dull moment during the couple hours that we were out together.

Anyway, I called her on Thursday and talked for about 20 minutes and set something up for last night. We were gonna go to the comedy club for a few drinks and then check out a new classy bar down the street that had just opened up in town after the show.

So it's around 6 p.m. last night and still hadn't heard a word from her. I knew she had quite a few things going on during the day, running her daughter around...
End of thread right here.

If a single mom flakes on you, then it's time to move on.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
End of thread right here.

If a single mom flakes on you, then it's time to move on.
Beat me to it.

Shes a single mom

Thats no good for you

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DK1974 said:
I thought I would expect a little more out of a professional woman that is 40 years old and seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. At least a little common courtesy anyway to tell me she couldn't make it or wasn't interested. I didn't even get that.

Should I respond back or just the delete number all together?
This woman does not deserve a second chance. What a rude baitch.
I would have put a line though her one microsecond after she replied that she was "out to dinner with her family." Why the F do women believe that they can just not show up to a date and somehow it will be forgiven.
I have no idea what some of you guys are thnking when you suggest that the OP contact her again...why?... so that she can humiliate him again by flaking a second time !

She made several "next-worthy" blunders - here they are.
1. She did not contact the OP before the date and left him dangling in thin air.
2. She went out to dinner after she made plans with the OP .
3. She did not contact the OP to discuss her change of plans.
4. She promised to text him after he offered to meet her later in the evening, but she never texted .
5. Her rather lame email did not include a counter offer OR an indication that she wanted to see the OP again.

I have a simple set of guidelines for myself when dating a new women.
A. One flake without a phone call - she is gone.
B. One cancelation, with a resonable explanation, will be tolerated, but should she cancel a second time - she is gone.
C. I expect her to call or text me if she is running more that ten minutes late.
If not, I go out alone and - and she is gone.
D. I expect her to return my calls, answer my texts promptly and reply to my emails. If not, she is gone on the second offense.
E. If I invite a woman out on a date I expect a clear answer - "yes" or "no, thanks".
NO "maybe" dates.

These may seem a tad harsh to most of you, but the application of these rules have removed 98% of my dating drama.

Last edited:

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
This woman does not deserve a second chance.

I have a simple set of guidelines for myself when dating a new women.
A. One flake without a phone call - you are gone.
B. One cancelation will be tolerated, but should she cancel a second time - she is gone.
C. I expect her to call or text me if she is running more that ten minutes late.
IF not - she is gone.
D. I expect her to return my calls, answer my texts promptly and reply to my emails. IF not, she is gone on the second offense.
E. If I invite a woman out on a date I expect a clear answer - "yes" or "no, thanks".

These may seem a tad harsh to most of you, but the application of these rules have removed 98% of my dating drama.
I'm with you on this Jophil.
You did a great job of basically detailing what I had in mind.
The 2 strike rule does NOT apply here. This was a pretty big strike.
She WILL do it again if he goes back to asking her out.

A single mom won't have time to be playing these games and is generally a bit more straight forward... but nope, she's playing the games which means NO interest.

So again, to the OP... if a single mom flakes on you, it's game over. Move on.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd give it another shot but she is definitely on the back burner now.

I wouldn't dump just yet.

Strike one sounds kind of right. I think she's entitled to a second chance and only if you feel like it a 3rd. Up to you.

My recommendation is at least one more chance.

I can understand that a woman can have a lot on her plate, her daughter's play, family in town, busy career so that gets a pass but I also agree with you that it raises a red flag that she didn't take the time to send you a little word before hand.

Either way, another chance is fine.

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore her for now till she contact you back (don't answer every phone call, email, text, etc.) and she needs to make a counter offer ...

DK1974

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanx for the replies fellas.

After I thought about it for a little while, I did send her a message back late lastnight. This is all I put, "No worries. Hope you had a good weekend."

She sends one back about a 1/2 hr later. This is what she said. "Thanks D.....you are sweet. :) Just got done doing my first workout with Jillians 30 day shred. I think it is going to be a good one. My arms are a shakin. :) Talk to you sometime this week. Got to go study. Yuck."

Now after thinking about it and considering there wasn't even so much as a counter offer, she is being placed on the back burner for sure. as far as I'm concerned she can email or text all she was to, but I'm not responding to anything but a phone call from her. I'm not chasing after it either, if she really wants to go out again she can let me know. I figure if I don't hear anything within the day 3 days I will just delete it.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't have replied at all. "You are sweet" was the telltale KOD (kiss of death). She has no respect for you and nothing will come of this woman.

This was a ****-test you failed. You should have not responded to her text or whatever. If she texted again saying she was REALLY sorry or with a great counter-offer then you could respond just a little and let her make it up to you.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DK1974 said:
After I thought about it for a little while, I did send her a message back late lastnight. This is all I put, "No worries. Hope you had a good weekend."
I know I'm late to this thread but I would have told you NC all the way. No offense but, by texting this to her, you came off as weak. Now she comes back with...
"Thanks D.....you are sweet. :)"
Translation: I feel absolutely no attraction towards you and we will never fvck.

"Just got done doing my first workout with Jillians 30 day shred. I think it is going to be a good one. My arms are a shakin. :) Talk to you sometime this week. Got to go study. Yuck."
Great, you're one of his girlfriends now! Telling you about her day! ;)

Now after thinking about it and considering there wasn't even so much as a counter offer, she is being placed on the back burner for sure.
Again, no offense but you're not placing her "on the backburner." She got rid of you a long time ago...

I figure if I don't hear anything within the day 3 days I will just delete it.
Please man. Just forget about her and move on.

DK1974

Don Juan
Reaction score
Solid take, Vatoloco. You're right, it's best to leave it alone while i still have my dignity in tack. I don't know what the hell happened but it seems as though I have lost my touch. I remember before I got married that I could pull in solid 8's and 9's without a problem, and in bunches. Now I can't even seem to close on a 40 year old milf that is a 7.5 at best. Wtf, I just don't get it. I knew signing up for an online dating site would be a mistake. Nothing but women on there looking for an ego boost. Haha

Last edited:

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
You shouldn't have replied at all. "You are sweet" was the telltale KOD (kiss of death). She has no respect for you and nothing will come of this woman.

This was a ****-test you failed. You should have not responded to her text or whatever. If she texted again saying she was REALLY sorry or with a great counter-offer then you could respond just a little and let her make it up to you.
This.

Also, in case you haven't figured it out, you're in the friend zone. Her reply showed no interest at all.

Lastly she controls the frame, and she knows your a softy. Next. Next. Next. Learn from this.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Move the hell on. You received a you are sweet, BTW that means I'm not sexually attracted to you. Get out of dodge!

I think single moms are better at being attention wh0res than young girls! But remember that women nowadays don't need your ass aka a goddamn provider. They need some dik! But even at age 40 and 60 for all I care, these women still know how to guard the pu$$y and play mind games! When these women flake, they're just not that into you. Milfs and cougars and older women aren't that much easier to get these days. Even fatties and uglies are harder to get!

No counter offer means kick her to the curb.

And internet dating sucks unless you are sexy as hell. Most women on these sites are looking for an ego boost.

Overall, Judge nismo-4 has to sentence you to Friendzone Bend, Indiana. You were not interesting enough from the get-go.

I'm also gonna send you to Nopoonani, Tennessee. You need to relax and take in that list that jophil said. These other posts are great too, learn your lesson.

Case closed.