Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This girl has me puzzled...I badly need a second opinion

thebug50

Reaction score
I went on a date with a 22 year old French teacher last Friday night. We were introduced by a mutual friend on a double blind date sort of thing. Well Friday night was our first real date.

So it went something like this. I picked her up and we went to have dinner at TGI Fridays. At dinner, I started using some of the information I've been finding on this site. I consiously made more eye contact, and she met my gaze plenty thoughout the evening. The conversation went really smoothly with no pauses, and the talk ratio was probably around 70/30, and I spent a fair amount of my 30 in the "me too" zone. I made her laugh a couple of times....basically, dinner went really well.

So the plates get cleared and the conversation lulls just a tad, and I take the opportunity to see if she's up for a movie. She replies to me," Yeah, we could go to the theater...or we could rent a movie and go back to my place."

Now, this sent up several red flags. I've been out of the dating game for sometime, but I didn't think it was too common to get invited back to the girls apartment...and if you DO get invited back, it means the girl is really into you and wants to leave the possibility of fooling around open. Am I wrong about this?

Anyway, I say sure and we go to rent a movie. At the rental place, she is acting sorta flirty...rubbing my arm twice, actually. So I'm still thinking everything is going great. She picks out Fight Club because," ...we've both seen it so we won't have to focus on it." Are you kidding me?! How could this have been anything but a good sign? You'll understand better in a sec. With Fight Club in hand, which she insisted she pay the 50 cents to rent, we headed to her place.

Now this is the point at which I get confused. We enter her apartment at around 9pm. I go to the bathroom to pee...and I even sit down so as not to chance splashing. When I come out, she starts the movie....then sits on the absolute edge of the couch, leaning away from me. I attempt to start some talking, but she gives me short answers and stares intently at the tv. I conclude she really wanted to watch the movie. So after about 30 minutes of Fight Club romance, she yawns broadly and says that she feels sooo tired. Instantly I feel unwanted. Another 10 minutes go by and she puts on big sweatshirt and curls up in a ball next to me...still inaccessably. I say at this point that if she's really too tired, she can ask me to go. She mumbles something like ok.

Two seemingly tense hours later the movie ends, and I mosey to the door. I tell her I had fun and she says she did two. It was at this point that I may have made a mistake...I asked her what my chances were of doing something again sometime. Basically, I was dieing to know where I stood. Well, the only reply I got was a sort of shoulder shrug, to which I replied," So so, eh." Then I say well, I'll call ya later or somethin....then I start walking down the stairs. As she's shutting the door, she yells down once more...I had fun!

So there it is. What the hell happened when we got to her place??? Is she interested in me? Should I call her or wait for her to come to me? If I should call....how long should I wait? Even though I'm 26, I'm really only now beginning to see social interactivity as a skill that I can train. Any insight into all this would be greatly appreciated.

thebug50

Reaction score
Some important information about her that I forgot to include. She was engaged like three weeks ago....but says shes not on the rebound because she had seen it coming a long time ago. Her ex actually initiated the breakup, but she totally insists it was mutual.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thebug50 said:
Some important information about her that I forgot to include. She was engaged like three weeks ago....but says shes not on the rebound because she had seen it coming a long time ago. Her ex actually initiated the breakup, but she totally insists it was mutual.
Just out of curiousity, since she saw it coming, why didn't she do something about it herself?

thebug50

Reaction score
I have no idea and thought it seemed shady. Oh....and he was semi abusive. I think he had swung at her before but never actually made contact. Something like that. But she stuck with him for two years.

This chick is a puzzle to me.

Kurt the KJ

Banned
Reaction score
This has attention wh0re/sh1t test written all over it! If you can learn the rules of her little game, you can play it against her and win! Next time go there with the object of having fun in mind, rather than getting laid and she won't be able to keep her hands of you! If you take my advice, you WILL get laid next time.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like the typical wishy washy women behavior to me. You had signs of interest and going back to her place to watch a movie you have both seen seems good. Could it be that you didn't act quickly enough putting the moves on her and she grew bored? Maybe you should have tried kissing her earlier in the evening with cuddling and you might would have had a more favorable evening.

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She had your balls when you suggested extending the date with a movie and then she cut it off once you agreed to go back to her place.

As to whether you can get a second date with her, your chances are very slim considering you just failed a "Deal Breaker" test.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buyer's remorse maybe? She probably realized she was coming on strong before getting to the apartment, felt guilty, and put up the anti-slut defence.

But you still blew it. You should've made a move and made her say "no." For all we know, she was waiting for you to make a move and would've completely gone with it. Then at the end of the night you completely pussied out and sounded too needy, but I think you know that.

Chances are slim that you'll see her again, but if you do, don't blow it again.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thebug50 said:
I go to the bathroom to pee...and I even sit down so as not to chance splashing. .
thats your problem right there :crackup:

For real, that stuff happens alot with girls. they start out flirty and change after you fail some stupid ass test you didnt even know what was going on. What made me cringe though is where you asked where you stand at the end of the date. Never do that again!!!!

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't really think much about her actions. She was engaged 3 weeks ago? LOL Her mind is elsewhere. Just focus on fun and nothing more so don't stress over it.

Chances are she will be hot/cold and flakey.

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
unless i've gotten it all wrong and am just feeding BS, it sounds to me like this girl wanted him to make the moves. i mean really all it sounded like here is that the guy didn't know where he stood with her so instead of actually SEEING/FEELING through actions, he wanted her to tell him. you don't ask her what your chances are because if she realizes that her word is how you decide to act upon, then ur not very useful. do you understand what i mean here?

essentially if her saying eh is what it takes for you to be a pvssy and walk away, then you don't get it. If you need her to tell you what to do before you go do something, you'll find it harder to get to where you want things to go. girls are peculiar in the way that they may say no, but they want you to be more assertive and leading with what you want and sometimes it means no, but try to understand that its more important that you have an idea before hand. the strange thing is to look at it like you're offering the chance for something great and you have an idea of what that is, through your actions and being, you display that and its up to her to decide if she's strong enough to embrace you.

in this case it really sounded like she was giving strong IOI's and wanted you to embrace her, but because you didn't she thought you didn't want her. so when you asked her the question of seeing her again it was like it was your way of being nice and getting out of it if she said no or more simply that you're a pvssy who wouldn't be able to please her anyways because you'd always be checking up on where you stood so you could "be sure" you were doing it right. it requires paying attention at a deeper level and chances are you'll find yourself dealing with this kind of confusion for a while, or you'll happen to find a girl that makes it easier for you.

in that case i've always wondered then how the guys that are with those women don't wonder "hey if it was this easy for me, am i the only one?" or what's stopping the next guy from doing the same thing. <-- this was the biggest thing getting in my way of ONS. i aint wanting no genital warts or herpes or some shyt like that. cuz even with a condom u can still get shyt.

thebug50

Reaction score
i know i was wrong in asking what my chances were at a second date. i knew it as soon as the words left my mouth. live and learn.