This girl cancelled our plans. The twist? I NEVER made any plans with her!

Yeah OK

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a new one...

I just got a text message from this girl I know is interested in me who I've barely spent any real time with. She goes to a university right next door to where I live.

One day after she was done with class and walking to the bus station, I bump into her randomly as I'm leaving my home and end up walking her there, which is about a 10 minute walk.

She's all over me, lots of kino and IOI's. I tried to leave at one point and she physically pulled me to keep me with her. In total I spent maybe 30 minutes with her that day, because I was on my way to the bar to chill with some friends.

The next day, she sends me a text message that says the following:

"Sorry Yeah OK, I can't see you today, we can next week hopefully."

I'm confused by this message seeing as how I never made any arrangements to see her again after I dropped her off at the bus station.

Have any of you ever had someone "cancel" on you when you never made any plans to see each other again in the first place? I know that both this girl and her sister are interested in me, and I'm personally not interested in either so I have no plans to pursue anything.

I'm naturally very curious about all things social (thus why I came to this site in the first place), so despite my disinterest in her I'm wondering if anyone knows what might be the mentality behind this message assuming it wasn't just an honest mistake.

Thoughts?

Don Wha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm fairly new around this neck of the woods but I'd say she just threw it out there to get you to chase her.

Either that or she's crazy and is having imaginary conversations with you in her head.

Yeah OK

Don Juan
Reaction score
808 said:
Ever consider that the text might've been sent to the wrong number?
I thought that at first glance, but the text message actually addresses me by my first name (which is an extremely uncommon one).

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahaha . . Girls can be so effed up. If I had to GUESS, she's trying to get you in your head, wondering about what plans you made and more importantly, why she canceled them.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please tell me you didn't respond to her text AT ALL.

She was just baiting you into a text response.
And for the record, if you would have asked, she would have gone out with you that SAME day.

And no, she is not crazy, she's SLICK. She figured that "Hey, how are you" is a lot more boring and less prone to get him to respond than "Hey, I can't see you today, maybe next week".

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she could totally be crazy. Ignore it for about a week, see what comes down the pipeline

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
P
And no, she is not crazy, she's SLICK. She figured that "Hey, how are you" is a lot more boring and less prone to get him to respond than "Hey, I can't see you today, maybe next week".
Either way (crazy or slick) i'd be worried. The last thing I'm interested in is a girl who's either completely off the hinges or who thinks they have a shot going against me head to head in a social duel. Neither of those types handle rejection well (the latter is even worse because they dislike being schooled by socialites even less than rejection) and that always leads to ugly confrontation and ends with my property getting damaged.

Yeah OK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
As a matter of fact I didn't :)

Quick update:

5 days after the text message:

I get a phone call from her sister. I answer the phone sounding very enthusiastic to hear from her... only to find out it's actually that same text message chick using her sister's cellphone to call me.

She tells me that she and her sister want to see me and that they're near my home. It's a Friday night. I happened to be out of town and on my way to a dinner party, and tell her I can't make it but suggest that "maybe we can meet up next week."

9 days after the text message:

Text message chick sends me a facebook message saying that she wants to meet up with me after her class that same day. I didn't even see the message until a few days later, and responded to her that I "saw this facebook message too late... maybe we can set something up for next week."

...Yeah, I'm a bastard.

Jay Dee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah OK said:
...Yeah, I'm a bastard.
Now act like one and get 2-3 more chicks on the go.

This current chick is gonna bounce you round a few more times and you need to keep that stiff upper lip for when she does, them other girls will help keep your balance. However for now accept the next meet up she offers - and aim for at least kissing and then some more.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:

She was just baiting you into a text response.
And for the record, if you would have asked, she would have gone out with you that SAME day.

I agree with this...

This girl is very very smart imo. She is basically saying i am willing to go out with you without actually saying it up front.

I hope you responded with something like " I didnt know we had any plans for today but thanks for letting me know anyways lol"?

Edit: Just saw your replies lol... i guess i was right she wanted to go out with you...

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah OK said:
As a matter of fact I didn't :)

Quick update:

5 days after the text message:

I get a phone call from her sister. I answer the phone sounding very enthusiastic to hear from her... only to find out it's actually that same text message chick using her sister's cellphone to call me.

She tells me that she and her sister want to see me and that they're near my home. It's a Friday night. I happened to be out of town and on my way to a dinner party, and tell her I can't make it but suggest that "maybe we can meet up next week."

9 days after the text message:

Text message chick sends me a facebook message saying that she wants to meet up with me after her class that same day. I didn't even see the message until a few days later, and responded to her that I "saw this facebook message too late... maybe we can set something up for next week."

...Yeah, I'm a bastard.
So let me guess, you're still in highschool? This whole situation seems like kids play.