Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Think this will work?

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a game for XBOX 360, that is scratched a bit, and now doesnt work. Me and my buddies loved this game played it every day. So I rented a new one from blockbuster....The blockbuster game has absolutely no marking, nothing saying its the blockbuster one.... So we decided were gonna switch it with our scratched one and send it back to blockbuster, saying that it doesnt work....Think this will work? the game looks 100 % legit...the only thing i can think of, is that maybe that have some crazy bardcode system in the computer....I could also blame the people before me..

inzone50

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes i've done that many times.

100% success because they have a customer always right policy.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep it works.

I've done it too with an 360 game.

Apparently your not supposed to move the system while a games being played !? :eek:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A video store in my area "Family Video" has a machine that repairs scratched discs, and they offer the service for free. You might call around asking for this service.

fwiw, if you get caught, it is still retail theft, same as if you shoplifted the game. That's a 'crime of deceit,' and even though it does not seem like a big deal, with that on your record, it will be hard to get jobs that trust you with money.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure you could do it but it would be a moral crime.

Think about it this way. Blockbuster must now buy another copy. So what you say? They have millions of dollars you say? Yes they do but let's look at your crime.

Let's say they buy another copy it might cost them $30 bucks. This means a total cost of $60 for that title which in turn means that they would have to rent that title 10 times or more before they turn a profit. Let's say you do this only twice a year. What kind of impact are you having? If others are doing it also how is everyone impacting this business?

Who cares about Blockbuster? The franchise owners, employees, their families, banks, distributors, actors, truck drivers, stock brokers,...

Well don't they just write it off? Yes, they do but write-offs are against profits. This means instead of making 25 mil they take a 5 mil loss from theft and damage and only show a profit of 20 mil. How many jobs can be created for 5 mil? 1,666 jobs at $30,000 per year. You and "your friends" just put 1,666 people out of work.

You are now like some kind of monster because you are causing famlies, children and good hardworking people hardship. I hope you enjoy your game you monster!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox said:
Sure you could do it but it would be a moral crime.

Think about it this way. Blockbuster must now buy another copy. So what you say? They have millions of dollars you say? Yes they do but let's look at your crime.

Let's say they buy another copy it might cost them $30 bucks. this means a total cost of $60 for that title which in turn means that they would have to rent that title 10 times or more before they turn a profit. Let's say you do this only twice a year. What kind of impact are you having? If others are doing it also how is everyone impacting this business?

Who cares about Blockbuster? The franchise owners, employees, their families, banks, distributors, actors, truck drivers, stock brokers,...

Well don't they just write it off? Yes, they do but write-offs are against profits. This means instead of making 25 mil they take a 5 mil loss from theft and damage and only show a profit of 20 mil. How many jobs can be created for 5 mill? 1,666 jobs at 30,000 per year. you and "your friends" just put 1,666 people out of work.

You are now like some kind of monster because you are causing famlies, children and good hardworking people hardship. I hope you enjoy your game you monster!
I enjoyed that...a lot...thanks guy.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow Brilliant Paradox!

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox, they will still make oney off of the rentals, they already probably have rented it out plenty of times, its only 1 game, it wont put a multimillion dollar business out of business if they need to replace a disk for 60 bucks.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox,

Your math is skewed and your being irrational.

Post again when your emotions calm down.