Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

They Should Call Valentine's Day Chump's Day

JPFromTally

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing more AFC than Valentine's Day. It is essentially a day where men supplicate to women. I was in the supermarket today getting a sub for lunch and you should have seen all the fools racing to get flowers, balloons, chocolates, cards and anything else that would allow them to stay "out of the dog house."

Is there any other day where a group of people are allowed to pass judgement on another group of people? Imagine, having to be extorted for gifts and dinner because of fear that your mate may withhold sex and affection or even ridicule you to her friends.

All of this because retailers needed to combat the after Christmas slump in sales. So marketers figured out a way to infiltrate women's tiny little brains and make this ridiculous made up holiday mean something. They told them, "If your mate doesn't try to buy your affection with jewelry, gifts and dinner then he's not worth having around."

The worst part is that 99% of men agree with this. MEN HATE VALENTINE'S DAY! Yet, they go with the entire charade just to please their women. What a bunch of sissy chumps.

I have not celebrated Valentine's Day in 10 years (I'm 31 now) and in the process have had 5 serious girlfriends during that time. No dinners, no gifts, no nothing. Did they complain and whine and all that? Absolutely. Did they bad mouth me to her friends? Probably. Did I ever back down and have it cost me sex? Absolutely Not! Because every girl I was with knew that they didn't call the shots... I did and I didn't give a rat's asss what her or friends thought about me.

It has nothing to do with being cheap (as my Christmas and Birthday presents will show). It's just that if you don't want to do something or if something is a big pain in the rear and you're only doing it because of societal pressures then you should not do them. If you do then you're a freaking C-H-U-M-P plain and simple.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm going out in an hour to buy my woman a funny valentines card and thats it. she'll read it , smile , laugh and gush then blood will flow down to her sweet meat and tonite she'll be riding my ****-o-la. i don't take valentines day seriously and neither does she but letting her know that once in a blue moon that i can be a sweet bad azz is nothing but a huge turn on for her.

Mr. 100

Reaction score
I'm a chump or simp or what have you - wont' argue that.
I dropped some cheddar this Valentines' for her - got the norm; flowers, candy, card, and dinner.
Its the 3rd time I've done that in the last 12 years. And I only do it when I feel the girl I'm seeing really deserves it. Its basically me saying 'here you go, be impressed, go brag to your girl friends, go brag to the guys who want to do you (the same guys who are rolling their eyes and calling me a chump).

Valentine's day is a day I don't look foward to. I don't like that there is a 'day' other than her birthday that a girl should get gifts and attention for no reason other than it's that day. And because of that - I very well may not give the girl I'm seeing gifts, attention, etc. But at the same time - if the girl has been real good to me, been real cool, not being a *****, not being jealous, not being anything you don't want her to be - then I'll reward her on that day. Will it benefit me or does it make me a chump? Probably both or maybe neither - doesn't matter. She could dump me afterwards and I'd still be alright with what I gave her - which is way, way, way less than what she has given me. It's like gambling in Vegas - as long as I leave with more than what I came with - then I did alright....and that doesn't just mean money. ;)
So if you don't want to do the Valentine thing - cool. If you do - just be sure you are still on top.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
Mr. 100 said:
I'm a chump or simp or what have you - wont' argue that.
I dropped some cheddar this Valentines' for her - got the norm; flowers, candy, card, and dinner.
Its the 3rd time I've done that in the last 12 years. And I only do it when I feel the girl I'm seeing really deserves it. Its basically me saying 'here you go, be impressed, go brag to your girl friends, go brag to the guys who want to do you (the same guys who are rolling their eyes and calling me a chump).

Valentine's day is a day I don't look foward to. I don't like that there is a 'day' other than her birthday that a girl should get gifts and attention for no reason other than it's that day. And because of that - I very well may not give the girl I'm seeing gifts, attention, etc. But at the same time - if the girl has been real good to me, been real cool, not being a *****, not being jealous, not being anything you don't want her to be - then I'll reward her on that day. Will it benefit me or does it make me a chump? Probably both or maybe neither - doesn't matter. She could dump me afterwards and I'd still be alright with what I gave her - which is way, way, way less than what she has given me. It's like gambling in Vegas - as long as I leave with more than what I came with - then I did alright....and that doesn't just mean money. ;)
So if you don't want to do the Valentine thing - cool. If you do - just be sure you are still on top.

the thing is, I DON'T WANT WHAT YOU HAVE and i am still calling you a chump. dating an american broad is on par with prostitution. you spend way too much money on a chubby std infected older broad so that she will spread her legs for you at the end of the night. if you actually love the broad i can respect that. however, i really doubt if most of you do.

ds1ur1f

Don Juan
Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
the thing is, I DON'T WANT WHAT YOU HAVE and i am still calling you a chump. dating an american broad is on par with prostitution. you spend way too much money on a chubby std infected older broad so that she will spread her legs for you at the end of the night. if you actually love the broad i can respect that. however, i really doubt if most of you do.
Wow Sparky, you're like a huge fountain of knowledge.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JP while I agree that in principle vday is stupid (we don't get a pvssy day do we??), I don't necessarily think you shouldn't do anything for your girl just because of that reason. It doesn't have to be big. You just need to show your appreciation if they've been good. I spent a total of $30 this year on my mom, my sister, and 2 girls. The girls just get teddy bears and some gummy bears. That's it. One of them made me a cake earlier today. The other is buying me drinks here in a few.

I agree going all out with flowers, candy, dinner, all that other crap is worthless and way too cliche for my tastes. However if you've been involved with someone for a long time and are in a serious relationship, neglecting this day will hurt them, regardless of whether you're in control. Again it doesn't take much - hell if I was in an LTR right now and a girl wanted to go out to dinner, I'd buy her a thong and make sure we cooked at home. Maybe a bottle of wine. Much cheaper, much more exciting, and it definitely shows appreciation.

Ds don't worry about it. We've established some time ago that sparky hates everyone but himself, Americans in particular. He's just too hardcore with his European ways. I also expect an avalanche of bullsh!t to follow.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you guys. Why is it that any positive attention you give a woman is supplication?

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always gives my mom the Valentine's gift(a few times my sister). I tell whoever wants to know that that gift has go to be earned. Not many have had it from me.

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Vday is so pathetic in the U.S. every other country it's a holiday for EVERYONE to enjoy. But here's it's like prostitution day where all the guys spend money so they can get laid. Pretty sad...

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an idea for you guys... don't buy into that shizz and never pay for snatch.

Christ, guys like that are the reason half these girls walk around with the idea that their vag is made of the cure for cancer.

Hydroblunt

Don Juan
Reaction score
JPFromTally said:
There is nothing more AFC than Valentine's Day. It is essentially a day where men supplicate to women. I was in the supermarket today getting a sub for lunch and you should have seen all the fools racing to get flowers, balloons, chocolates, cards and anything else that would allow them to stay "out of the dog house."

Is there any other day where a group of people are allowed to pass judgement on another group of people? Imagine, having to be extorted for gifts and dinner because of fear that your mate may withhold sex and affection or even ridicule you to her friends.

All of this because retailers needed to combat the after Christmas slump in sales. So marketers figured out a way to infiltrate women's tiny little brains and make this ridiculous made up holiday mean something. They told them, "If your mate doesn't try to buy your affection with jewelry, gifts and dinner then he's not worth having around."

The worst part is that 99% of men agree with this. MEN HATE VALENTINE'S DAY! Yet, they go with the entire charade just to please their women. What a bunch of sissy chumps.

I have not celebrated Valentine's Day in 10 years (I'm 31 now) and in the process have had 5 serious girlfriends during that time. No dinners, no gifts, no nothing. Did they complain and whine and all that? Absolutely. Did they bad mouth me to her friends? Probably. Did I ever back down and have it cost me sex? Absolutely Not! Because every girl I was with knew that they didn't call the shots... I did and I didn't give a rat's asss what her or friends thought about me.

It has nothing to do with being cheap (as my Christmas and Birthday presents will show). It's just that if you don't want to do something or if something is a big pain in the rear and you're only doing it because of societal pressures then you should not do them. If you do then you're a freaking C-H-U-M-P plain and simple.
I'm in total agreement with you and I came to very similiar conclusions from what I learned reading the information on here:

1) Valentine's day already puts men in a position of weakness, by buying gifts, cards, roses or whatever, you are only playing into it and showing more weakness.

2) If you ignore Valentine's, what's the worst that will happen? The girl gets upset and gets drama. Women WANT drama. And now you gave her some more BS to talk about with her friends.

3) Only reason married men and men in LTRs do Valentine's is so that they don't have to hear the woman B*tch for hours about it. Ask em.

Now if you really like the girl and you have a good relationship where games are minimal, consider this. There is ZERO surprise in a Valentine's day present. Women love surprises, hell, all people love surprises. So give a present or flowers if you truly want to, as a surprise, on a regular ordinary day.

P.S. All I did is send a text message, and Im questioning whether I should have even done that.

Fallen33

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
md3sign said:
JP while I agree that in principle vday is stupid (we don't get a pvssy day do we??),
We SHOULD do that though. Make the anti-thesis of Valentines Day. The girl goes out and gets YOU a present, then buys you a fat 30 oz. steak dinner, and after that you go back to your place for dome to commence.

If we could get it to catch on I bet the retailers would love it because it means money for them and then poon-tang for us. A win-win situation pretty much. What would we call it though? Man's Day?

JPFromTally

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a word for being forced to something in order to avoid a consequence from someone... it's called EXTORTION.

I do business with a financing company and my rep there is a girl who is 25 and we've become friends through talking so much to do deals. When I told her that I wasn't doing anything or getting my girlfriend anything for Valentine's Day she went into this crazy rant... I mean you would have thought that I told her that I beat my girlfriend.

Well today I talked to her and asked her what her boyfriend gave her and she said that he got her a gold dipped rose, a teddy bear and took her to an expensive dinner. Now, I'm sure this guys did this reluctantly in order to appease her - being her stance on the whole thing. But you know what, she still lambasts him on the phone to me. And all that stuff he did didn't make a bit of difference in the way she feels about him.

Sucker....

Fortunate_Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JPFromTally said:

I love valentines day! I had to cancel on my valentines day date. I invited her to my house wednesday, this was sunday. I get this sort of eerie pause then "wednesday is valentines day" I was completely oblivious to this. I told her "it's just wednesday to me". Anyways something comes up, and I have to cancel my date. She considers not calling me back (as told to me by her). She does call back, and I explain to her the situation and she appologizes. Anyways she ends up going to dinner with some one else. Two other guys, both interested in her. I go out, spend 46 dollars getting myself and my pal drunk. See her around, get her to my place. 5 condoms and a couple hours later, I have spent what ever the price of condoms are x 5.

Let the chumps do the work. Then spit game.

fedagent

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a way to win without giving up your manhood.

There is nothing wrong with buying your girl something for V-Day.....and everyone should recognize that.

What's wrong is if it's one sided, and you get nothing in return.....because in the end, aren't you both each other's Valentine??

Why throw away a good woman by not letting everyone see how much you care about her? This is really what's important to her, that EVERYONE knows she is loved. This is why small gifts at work far outweigh large gifts given without an audience.

Make her feel loved, let everyone see she's loved, but raise hell if you don't get the same treatment.

Fed

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree....

You may as well stop buying Xmas presents, Birthday presents, and just do things to please yourself.

If you ever get married - are you going to divide all the income in a way that she pays half and you pay half?

Buying some a gift during a holiday doesn't make a chump. You already have the girl, you don't have to buy her a gift to make yourself seem WORTHY, but out of TRADITION.

You don't really have to buy gifts for kids on Xmas, but people do it out of tradition (or used to anyway).

You can be a chump who is afraid to lose a girl and buy her gifts OR you can be a chump who is afraid to make a compliment and buy a small gift on V-Day for your woman!

Plus, if your relationship is purely sexual without any appreciation of each other WITHOUT sex then its no serious girlfriend, but just a f*ck buddy.

But if she does things for you OUTSIDE of sex then its totally fine to buy her a gift!

Fortunate_Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did get and give a gift on V-day. I gave her romance, passion, and incredible sex, she returned the favor. Go ahead and buy girls gifts. Perpetuate the cycle. But keep a close eye on your girl. They want emotion, as a substitute they will take crap and trinkets you waste your money on. But those things aren't exciting to her. Making her say "Ohhhhhhh (insert your name here)" is the only gift you need to give.