Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

They myth of cold approach

Cold approach work or do not work?

• Of course it does and I have closed the deal!!

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • It does not work period...

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

suavesuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Several people have been debating about this topic. I purposely started a thread with a poll option. Only serious pollers. Thanks

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
How the fvck would anyone with anyone with an even basic grasp of the concept & theory of Social Dynamics have any reason whatsoever to believe that the Cold-Approach does not work?!
Especially, someone claiming to have the title of a Don Juan......

This idea is absolutely preposterous!!! :cuss:

Haven't you guys seen numerous accounts (recorded via video-camera on sites such as youtube.com & others) of cold-approaches that worked beautifully in achieving they're intended result? :eek:

As in the epic novel by the name of The Game (as I'm positively sure most of you have read on this site.....), don't you remember the only way many of the AFCs began to gain confidence and actually get comfortable around members of the opposite sex??? ------> By the Sole Process of COLD APPROACH!!! :up:

I can not fathom how anyone in their right mind would actually say that there is no merit whatsoever in the process of "Cold Approach"
Especially on SoSuave -----> (out of all the various sites!)

I have developed an analogy which sufficiently portrays the level of rationality & clear-headedness in those who dismiss the power of Cold Approach
(Disbelieving in the effectiveness of Cold Approach roughly equates to the validity of not believing in the process of Evolution)
You are an EPIC FAIL either way you look at it, lmao

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!!!!!!!

In closure,
If any one of you even thinks of voting for the "It does not work period..." option, you have obviously just been wasting your time on this site OR as just too self-conscious/timid to implement of one of the most important tenets of the Seduction Commmunity..... :nervous:

You people must be one of the most stubborn kinds of human beings on the planet, and if you guys don't change your ways anytime soon.......
I'm afraid there won't be any hope for you in the future.... *sigh* :down:

Last edited:

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too bad that idiot didn't read my post before voting.......:down:

The quote of:
"There is only SO MUCH that you can do in trying to help someone"
seems perfectly appropriate for situations like these......
LMAO :crackup:

Yes, there are certainly certain people on this site that are doomed to remain AFCs for the rest of their miserable, pathetic lives.........:eek:

Single_Sucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't you guys seen numerous accounts (recorded via video-camera on sites such as youtube.com & others
Sorry but that dosn't constitute evidence, neither do the seduction books. People usually meet at social gatherings, parties, clubs, at least all the couples that I ever met or knew, go figure.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approaches work, definitely. How well they work depends on many things; location, creepiness, timing, culture, the girl getting cold approached and the guy doing the cold approach are all important factors.

But lets briefly go through them;

Location: bars and nightclubs are the favourite and most obvious place for a cold approach, since it's expected there. However, teh wimmenfolk are on their guard there, so it requires slightly different game to day time approaches.

Creepiness: don't come off as some desperate loser. Come off as natural, that you do this a lot and that it's no big deal.

Timing: if she's in a hurry, chances are that she doesn't want to be stopped. Simple.

Culture: some cultures are more open to cold approaches than others. In Britain, where I live, cold approaches during the day time are seen as very creepy, and you're unlikely to get a good response. It's just the British attitude; we're quite and reserved and not expected to go out and talk to strangers. Cold approaching here is far more easily done in bars, social events and clubs. But it's obviously different in America.

The last two are self explanatory. Sometimes the girl just doesn't want to or isn't in the mood to meet new guys. Sometimes - often, in fact - the guy hasn't the skill nor the confidence nor the mindset to correctly pull it off.

But to say cold approaches don't work is absurd. They do.

Prod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Smack said:
Cold approaching here is far more easily done in bars, social events and clubs. But it's obviously different in America.
They do.
I wouldn't count those things as cold approaches per se because as you alluded to, people EXPECT to be approached there. People go to bars to meet new people, generally.

P.S That whole "It's different where you live" is an interesting argument. I wonder if there's much truth behind that.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They're cold approaches because you absolutely do not know the woman/women before approaching. The expectations of the current social environment is irrelevant. Cold approaches in places where they are expected can and do go wrong for the vast majority of guys, or else people like Mystery would never have came along.

And, believe me, where you live plays a big factor in the success of the cold approach. I understand it's difficult for many people who have only lived in one type of culture to grasp this, though. If you've lived in a very friendly and uninhibited culture, like America, you'd get a big shock coming to Britain. People here in the streets do not make eye contact. Do not say hello to strangers. Do not expect to be stopped by strangers. Do not want to meet strangers on the street. People here are socially programmed to respond negatively to strangers opening them on the streets, because it's "rude and impolite" and can lead to danger.

It's all very well saying "break free from social programming" or words to that effect. But you simply won't understand what it's like without first hand experience. A good Don Juan adapts to the situation. I've noticed that Americans tend to have far smaller social circles than us. They also have more cliques. We, by and large, don't have that.

sprint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold Approaches work more times than not if the situation calls for it. Some examples are bars, clubs, class, pool, beach, etc. It usually doesn't work where people don't expect to talk to others. Some examples are store, walking around wherever, food places, etc.

So they can work in any situation but most often don't. There are always exceptions and no one says otherwise. It's just that you have to be incredibly good to get girls anywhere. This is a skill a very large majority of guys don't have and will never get (no matter how much they practice.) Just look at Elstud for example.

As a result, most guys here prefer to approach and meet other women in areas and situations which minimize failure. What's wrong with that?

procanto

Banned
Reaction score
I think that since it's still the guy who is doing the "asking" he should either consult with both sets of parents first or together as a couple, announce their intentions to both sets of parents before telling anyone else. Yes in the old days it was customary for the man to ask the father for his daughter's hand. I don't think that so awful, kind of romantic and doesn't nowadays imply that anyone is anyone else's property.

Reaction score
the OP needs to clarify whether or not he means cold approach as in just daygame, or cold approach INCLUDING in bars/nightclubs. If it is the latter, then that's just ridiculous. yeah, nobody ever gets laid from bars and clubs lol. one night stands are just a myth. /sarcasm

i also disagree with sprint that the vast majority of guys will never get good at it. elstud is a special case and hes self admittedly a special ed student/has aspergers. if most people put in lots of work they will be able to get decent results with it if they aren't complete weirdos

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
procanto said:
I think that since it's still the guy who is doing the "asking" he should either consult with both sets of parents first or together as a couple, announce their intentions to both sets of parents before telling anyone else. Yes in the old days it was customary for the man to ask the father for his daughter's hand. I don't think that so awful, kind of romantic and doesn't nowadays imply that anyone is anyone else's property.
That is probably the most out-there/ridiculous thing I have read on these forums in a while!

Were you actually serious when writing that?

Consult with both sets of parents first???????? :crackup::crackup::crackup: