Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

there she was just a walking down the street...

mariosex

Don Juan
Reaction score
whenever walking down the street passing by a chick i can never think of what to say or do to keep a convo going other than "hey" or "hey, hows it going" with some EC and a smile. it all goes by too quickly and all i get in return (which im usually gets a smile on my face) is the same, a hey/hi, smile and maybe if im lucky EC... could someone please give me some tips on how to master 'the driveby'

Thanks
Jonny

edit : i forgot to mention that im mostly talking about drivebys around my house which is a pretty quiet area, you pass people about once every 150m or so. though i am also seeking help for town situations aswell where it is really busy...

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
act kind of like you dont know your way around town and ask her,"can i ask you a quick question?"... like you are going to ask for directions. hardly anyone will object to answering a quick question, then you ask,"are you single?"

straight from deangelo's material. works great

TDOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask,
and you SHALL receive.

After you say Hey or Hi the very next thing out of your mouth had better be "HOLD ON!"

Check out a recent post I made today on this very subject:

What to say to the woman passing you in the opposite direction

You see a hottie walking down the hallway or street heading in the opposite direction as you.

Next time you are in this situation try this:

You: Hi
Her: Hey
You: Hold on
You: Is it really true?
Her: What?
You: That you are always this beautiful, or is it possible for you to actually look prettier than you are right now.
Her: Thank you, you are the first person all day to notice
You: What's your name?
Her: Kelly
You: My name is TDOT, nice to meet you Kelly
Her: Nice to meet you
You: I stopped you because you looked like a friendly person and I just wanted to find out if that was true
You: And guess what?
You: It looks like I was right
You: So how is your day going?
Her: I am tired and ready to go but otherwise it's been good
You: Well my day was going just OK until I met you. Now its going great!
You: I don't want to hold you up and I have to get going myself
but type your number in my cellphone so we can finish this
conversation later
Her: Sure
You: What's the best time to call?
Her: Anytime after 4pm
You: Okay then, talk to you later

Last edited:

TDOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with a compliment.
And they work very well especially when you least expect them.
:flowers:

I have had very good success with this cold opener.
:yes:

You haven't given her any power with this line, you have broken the ice and at least buttered her up.

Some girls have actually melted away hearing this.
Be honest, when was the last time they heard this from their father, boyfriend, or any guy for that matter.

It's different and that's why this will keep their attention.
And most people's attention's spans are quite short.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got to agree with SuperGigaloDJ. That line seemed pretty lame. Unless of course you're using it on a AW who's vain and shallow. I mean, most people would notice straight off the bat that you're being patronizing. Which in turn would make them feel suspicious about you. Maybe it worked for you because you managed to keep them in the conversation long enough to show them that you're actually aware that it's just a pick up line and means nothing and that you're actually not a creepy rapist. Otherwise, I would believe that most girls would just shut off after hearing something like that.

mariosex

Don Juan
Reaction score
everyone can have their own opinion...
if TDOT's is telling the truth.. he'll proberbly be the one laughing at super

anyway..
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16303 seemed like a pretty good read on this one, just would this be all good for a 16 year old?

my plan of attack is starting to go like this..

me:"hey :)"
hb:"hai!"
me:"are you from around this area? i dont think ive ever seen you before" this line will hopefully cause her to stop and take some interest
hb:"yea im just down the road from blah street"
me:"where abouts you heading to?"
hb:"home.."
me:"lol yea i shouldve guessed that, were you in town?"
hb:"yea i was at the movies, saw batman with my friends"
and convo continues from there

how could i improve on that/anyone got any other suggestions?

Cheat_LBJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperGigaloDJ
Complimenting girls straight up in a cold pick-up????? It's AFC's giving AFC's advice! It's the blind leading the blind! Search the Archives PLEASE! :yes:

You guys are crazy AFC's... :crackup:
-----------------------
DO YOUR RESEARCH. Do you even know what a Neg-Hit is? You should be focusing on Neg-Hits rather than compliments.

Here's my old thread on Neg-Hits.
You know, it's amazing, every time I've used even a mild Neg-Hit on a cold open, I've been called anything from "jerkoff" to "a**hole."

Don't believe the hype, Neg-Hits only work once you've gotten their interest. Neg-Hits work because you've created in their mind the impression that you are interested in them and then cross-wires to start cutting on them instead.

A Neg-Hit really only works for the average person (not insanely good looking, where the girl is flattered that you're paying attention to her) when you've already created some kind of repitoire between yourself and the girl.

-CLBJ

DJStudent

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TDOT's reply isn't so bad but it's kinda out there. A little too much for someone that's "Walking down the street". Suprising yes, but you do give her a lot of power by saying such a line.

But it really depends on the girl and her attitude at the moment. If she's really hot then she's heard it before, if she's ok then it will probably work.

I believe neg-hit works best on hot girls to BUILD their IL not when it's already establish. Even on a cold approach you have to open right, give her a quick laugh and then a neg-hit, that way she knows in you're in a joking mood but isn't quite sure if you really meant it or not. Since neg-hits often hit one of the insecurities or raise your ****iness level that puts you on high ground than the hot babe. She looks up to you instead of down upon you.

TDOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update, what you guys said really got to me.

From now on I don't think anymore.

Whenever I see a girl I want to talk to I just go up to her and
let it flow.

It really does work.
I found out that I really do have some pretty f'ing good game.
I shock myself by how smooth I am sometimes.

Thank you guys.
Canned stuff should be left on the grocery store shelves.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You: Hold on
You: Is it really true?
You: That you are always this beautiful, or is it possible for you to actually look prettier than you are right now.
Her: Thank you, you are the first person all day to notice
I think it is too much of AFC thing. The outcome most likely will be: you get some "ugly" girls who will respond to anything you say anyway.. or some other girls who will respond to you just to pretend to be polite and run away later.

Suggestion: comment on the environment, or which is even better on something she is wearing.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TDOT thats not a good approach for one reason... its too strong a compliment to flow canned. You ask her "is it true" which is a SET UP to a compliment... like you had the compliment on youre mind before you even saw her... that is BAD NEWS.

ALWAYS go with the flow, these are three cold approaches from girls walking at me in the last 4 months that come to mind:

1) I am at the mall with a friend of mine and a cute girl is walking at us. I start yelling and laughing with my friend about something we saw earlier in the food court:

Tony - Wow, Mike, that made my day, oh my god
<cute girl hears my loud voice from about 20 yards away and make eyecontact, I smile at her she smiles back>
T - Hi!
Girl - Hey! <10 yards away>
T - You wouldnt happen to be coming from the food court, would you? <I STOP walking while shes 2 yards from me>
G - No, why? <she STOPS and answers>
T - Oh gosh, we just came from Teds... some poor guy was on a date with this really pretty girl, right? Well he gets his hot dog with everything on it, but he must be STARVING so he starts eating it as soon as hes ready... well the girl turns to say something to him real quick and bumps the hot dog... poor guy had a relish/musterd stain on his pants this big <hand motion, laughing>
G - Oh no! <laughing>
Mike - You should have seen the dear in headlights look on his face! <we all laugh>
T - Oh, Im sorry, Ive been rude... this is my friend Mike
<They shake hands she says her name>
G - Whats youre name?
T - Im Anthony, its nice to meet you! So what brings you to the mall today?

This time, in the mall again, I was alone. I try for eyecontact but dont get any at 20 yards, so at 10 yards I say:

T - Hey!
<At first shes kinda surprised, but then she gives a really friendly "Hi!" but she keeps walking... I stop as she passes me>
T - Wowowow! That was wayyy too friendly of a Hello to just keep walking!
<she stops walking and smiles>
T - Im Anthony, whats youre name?
G - Im <hername>
T - Its nice to meet you
G - So what'd ya get? <points to my bag... ALWAYS be carrying something, its a simple convo starter>
T - A pair of pants from Lord and Taylor... so what store'd you buy out?

In a crowded bar:

T - Stop!!! <I stop walking 10 yards infront of her with my hand out, she stops, looks me up and down and doesnt say a word, one eyebrow raised like 'what?'>
T - I just wanted to let you know that you look incredibly scary...
G - Scary?
T - Well, youre really cute, but youre walk, and that chizzled look on youre face is unbelievably intimidating. Ill be honest, youre lucky I left my glasses and sobriety in the car, otherwise Id have probably ran away by now <I smile and take a few steps closer?
G - Im not scary!!! <she smiles and lets out a lil laugh>
T - Oh! A smile! <I whipe my brow, 'phew'> My knees were getting shaky! <she laughs> Im Anthony, whats youre name?
G - <her name>
T - Its nice to meet you. Uh, if youd want to grab a seat and maybe get to know eachother a little, Id really like that
G - Sure! <we sit> So what do you do?

Ill admit, I puss out on a TON of driveby approaches. But with some caffeine or alcohol in me I do well. I got #s on all 3 of those approaches, only went on a date with the girl in the middle.

Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperGigaloDJ
Complimenting girls straight up in a cold pick-up????? It's AFC's giving AFC's advice! It's the blind leading the blind! Search the Archives PLEASE! :yes:

You guys are crazy AFC's... :crackup:
-----------------------
DO YOUR RESEARCH. Do you even know what a Neg-Hit is? You should be focusing on Neg-Hits rather than compliments.

Here's my old thread on Neg-Hits.
neg hits work on beautiful women who see you with social value or social proof, like in a group with common friends, (on the street NO ONE knows you AT ALL) ..... otherwise you come off as an arrogant idiot.