There is nothing DJ about the DJ forum anymore

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of this type of thinking has to do with not being new to the site anymore.

Quality of posts have faded, and a lot of the same stuff is said, but that's in part because everything has been said and those of us who have been here have seen the same posts over and over.

I started lurking around here 4 years ago and its rare I see anything new, hence I stick to the A/E forum and chime in on posts unrelated to dating and seduction.

A lot of guys may be like me and after being in the field have a brief thought about reporting their experiences, but then don't quite get those thoughts onto the board.
I usually start thinking that I don't care what a bunch of internet guys have to say and then fail to post.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
A lot of this type of thinking has to do with not being new to the site anymore.

Quality of posts have faded, and a lot of the same stuff is said, but that's in part because everything has been said and those of us who have been here have seen the same posts over and over.

I started lurking around here 4 years ago and its rare I see anything new, hence I stick to the A/E forum and chime in on posts unrelated to dating and seduction.

A lot of guys may be like me and after being in the field have a brief thought about reporting their experiences, but then don't quite get those thoughts onto the board.
I usually start thinking that I don't care what a bunch of internet guys have to say and then fail to post.

it's not even that. some of the advice I see is just flat out horrible. The Anti womanism reeks here now.

Kupid Diggs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember that all guys go through their "woman hating" phase. This is a result of not getting the results they want, or them getting played by a woman. Which is also the reason most guys stumble upon this site. So you should expect hate. And like someone said earlier, most of the things said is the same information being presented over and over again. The game really doesn't change, just the players...

fertileTurtle said:
I have a lot of other things I need to improve in the self department first before I'm going back to the way I went after women in my early 20's. And I think that some of the men who come here just need to take their lives back and be responsible and experience some success in their life and they will be able to have more social interactions and quality dates and relationships. I think a lot of us come from the party lifestyle mindset that we have to be the coolest or the most alpha guy of every group in order to be satisfied with our love lives. It's just not so. And a lot of us think we always have to have a women in our bed or in our head in order to be complete.

Again, not so. The satisifactions in our life have to be balanced with who we are and what we are doing right in this world. You can't and shouldn't always have to be sleeping with tons or any woman for that matter in order to have an important standing in life.
I like this and agree with it fully. Sex is damn near a religion in the American society. I used to think that if I wasn't laying the pipe to different women on a regular basis then I would not succeed in other aspects of my life. I literally changed who I was in an attempt to sleep with more women.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like that post by fertileTurtle.

A lot of what I learned from this site had to do with improving myself as a person first above worrying about dating etc.

I can't even say I attribute any success with women to this site. Maybe it has, maybe its hindered me in some ways, but SS did motivate me to get to know myself and improve confidence, and my reactions with all people.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are exactly right mpimpin. Make no mistake. There is sOME very good advice here. I dont post everyday but I browse about once every other day to see if there is something that might be relating to my life I can use.

The problem is twofold. first of all, when you are knew, you dont' know what is good nad what is bad advice. I can now spot bull**** from the truth becuase i've been here 7 years. Some things just dont' jive with the DJ Bible and the principles that you learn here, but it takes a learning of the principles to know that.

Those people who don't bother to read the DJ bible, who dont' bother to go though the DJ Bootcamp that I made myself and many others made themselves go through, go on to give advice that is patched together, not right, and so on and so forth.

I've said it a couple of times, but most people here know i'm a recovering addict. everyone has heard of the 12 steps. Just here, you have to have a working knowledge of how the 12 steps work, and have had to work the steps, more than once (you aren't supposed to ever realy stop working the steps) to be able to help someone else. You have to understand it before you can help other people. You can share your experience strengh and hope with people but you can't actually or aren't supposed to sponser people utnil you have a true working knowledge behind the steps.

the crap we did here is for a reason. The Character building, the affirmations, the taking care of your body, the getting a strong footing on life in general, the going up to random ass women and talking to them just to get over the fear of rejection. These are all basic ass principles that I just plain don't see, and not only don't see, most people dont' care or could care less WHY we do them.

you can make all the " do looks really matter" post in the world, it's not going to change the fact that you need to get your lazy ass in the gym and hit the weights. If not for anything other than taking care of yourself.

We come here and get a tad bit of success with the opposite sex, and think life is made, we sit at home while the GF is off at work, and in the back of you r mind you are scared that her boss who is 5 years older than her and makes 3 times more money t han you make, might make a move on her, and you become jealous and spitful. No one is telling you to get rich, but a man's financial status will always go directly with his personal self esteem, he must be stable and be able to provide.

The bad sponsers in NA, the ones who are so caught on the ego trip of being a sponser, and like hearing themselves talk, go out and spread bad seeds of inromation just like that goes on here. the sad part is, the recovering addict fresh off the street will do anything and listen to anyone to stay clean. I have personally seen a sponser tell a guy to break up with his GF becuase he was not ready for a woman, then go and take the girl himself.

My whole point is, the reason this place is so bitter is becuase no one works the steps anymore. no one comes here and breaks down the DJ bible and stuides, shuts up and reads for a mintue. no one does the DJ boot camp, no one takes care of themselves. all this place has become is a somewaht more anti femisitic version of the old girlproblems site.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I agree. I said the same thing in another thread. Guys with anger issues at women giving bad advice. A girl is a slvt if she puts out and a b!tch if she doesn't. They all have STDs, too. Women are evil and there's no point in trying. It would be different if I lived in another country, was taller, or had more money. Until then...let's just b!tch on and on in a bitter and jaded way...

Ironically, don juan was a lover of women. That's what it is supposed to mean.

I agree, BB, and that's been evident for a while.

I came here in late 2004/early 2005, and I think the tone has changed from more of a positive, uplifting ACTION mindset to a collective of bitter, hateful guys who would rather wallow in their nihilism and make absolute judgments about women than try to move past their hurts. These members have become established, regular posters, and their advice gets recycled down to new members and echoed by others who are more impressionable.

It's subtle, because you read that all women are cheating, machiavelian selfish manipulators enough and you start to believe it. Which is NOT why this forum was created. And to top it off, if you call someone out on it you just get flamed for being a pvssy or an AFC sympathiser and not supporting the 'pump and dump' philosophy, which is sadly accepted now.

The reason why I keep coming here is because there are good topics from time to time and I like giving my input to new guys. Plus there are a few posters here whose insight I really enjoy.

I say if you see a chance to stand up for positive Don Juan principles then do it. We are going to get flamed relentlessly and it's going to be an ongoing battle, but if we can help a few guys get off to the right start rather than head down a road of bitterness it will be worth it.

teagan

Don Juan
Reaction score
These kind of forums are only as good as their posters are knowledgeable. With that in mind, if you're not knowledgeable on what your saying, you shouldn't post advice. The problem is everyone thinks there an expert here now. They read some posts, see some advice and bam, their already a DJ. Problem is they still cannot even get a girl.

I came here because I was upset with myself and I found people who gave me a swift kick in the arse and made me 180 to get back on track. And then I went out and worked on myself. I mostly come for advice because, frankly, there are some guys here who have an immense amount of advice to give.

Mostly everyone should be here to learn and support each other but there's not a lot of either of these two things going on.

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more. This forum has disintegrated into a woman bashing hate forum thats poisonous to any normal person who may venture through to read it to often. Seems like everyday theres a new post about how all women are evil sluts who should just be there for sexual pleasure and then dropped at the first sign of trouble.

A real shame, considering I've only been a member for around a year or two and since then such drastic changes have been so notable. Used to be about self improvement, its now about how many girls you can get with and cheat on at the same time which is pretty immature to be perfectly honest.

The end message is no woman will cheat on a man of value for a man of lesser value (anyone who says otherwise is obviously not quality themselves). Take home message, make yourself indespensible and this **** wont happen to you, its not rocket science. Or I spose come on here and whinge and moan about the evil women in the world and how its their fault then wont sleep with some of the most resentful men on the planet :rolleyes:

SuavePlaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are complaining about the state of this website it only means people that were here since 02 or 03 didn't pass the knowledge they learned on to the new guys like pook or anti-dump did to you guys. I agree most posts are depressing and leaning more towards negativity that's why I barely read anymore. I also think this website everybody should be required to do the bootcamp, but I doubt that will happen because there will be like only 100 members on the website. On that note hopefully things change.

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the main dj forum is more for comedy at this point. MatureMen is where I go for love advice and I used to go to health and fitness, but barely anyone there knows anything anymore either. MatureMen is a great forum though.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So here we have a guy who goes from admitting not knowing much about DJ, to essentially being a DJ (probably due in large to this site), then for some reason accuses the site of having less DJs when probably anyone can reason what really happened is that his DJ knowledge relative to the average poster here increased.

Hey BB - I can beat most of the people in my tennis league where 3-4 years ago I usually lost. I fired a brain cell and realized that what happened was, was that I got better, not they got worse.

Eventually the site will hold you back once you have the tools you need. At that point, either be helpful to others or do us all a favor and actually leave like you've said you would (a few times now if I'm not mistaken).

Reaction score
The forum used to be a goldmine of information... but as we mine more and more for jeweled advice.. all we see is a cave full of nonvaluable sand. I wish people would make an effort.... and i wish guys would put their balls on the table, get out of their comfort zone.... instead of crying to Mother Sosuave for all their needs. This site is training wheels, but most guys treat it like its going to help their hand forever.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol I get a wannabe "I'm Jesus" vibe from backbreaker

except when he comes back he doesn't give a sh1t, trash talks a little, then leaves lmao

ssj4halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
I say if you see a chance to stand up for positive Don Juan principles then do it. We are going to get flamed relentlessly and it's going to be an ongoing battle, but if we can help a few guys get off to the right start rather than head down a road of bitterness it will be worth it.
Yes, its totally worth it if you can make a small amount of people change. I seriosely changed since I came to this forum. I thought its all about memorizin certain lines but it just came out as fake and not me. I worked a lot of my inner game. Some threads here and the book of pook really opened my eyes. hey! I even lost my virginity 2-3 weeks ago thanks to this site. I seriosely don't know how to express my gratitude. I literally took a 180 in this 6-7 months

gonnamakeit

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think place is too bad. It definetly has changed me and my life COMPLETLY and is still changing it. The main thing is it's like anything else some people have desire and will do what it takes to change and some just won't you can't expect everyone that finds this site to change. People either want to change or they don't I have told tons of people about ways to change there lives explained to them truths about girls (not hate crap just explain they do in fact like sex and just be yourself don't be a suck up) I have people ask me fitness advice and I explain to them what to do. And so far not ONE of them has done a damn thing they don't want to change themselves or their beliefs.

This site is fine just makes sure everyone finds there way to the djbible book of pook and djbc and either they will change their life from there or they won't change their life. And just for anyone asking for a reply to a specific text or a c and f reply or some sh1t just post a link to bible then if they do it again they should get banned.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have only been here for 8 months, and for most of you who have followed my journey you know how much this site has helped especially to those guys who have helped me personnaly, I didn't read the DJ BIBle I'm not gonna lie, but when I came I wasn't crying, I came here determined. I went through my own "boot camp" you could say before I even got here. so I was already ready and oh so gung ho. I just needed "logisitics" and "knowledge" to do things that I failed at a as a guy without the proper tools.

I stumbled on this site after reading "The game" looking for examples of what Neil Strauss called a "field report" I was reading tons by random guys i.e Xblits, Motc. I didn't know who these guys were but they sounded like cool guys who "got it in" (had fun). I was sad though cause the posts where dated 2k3, so I thought "man this site doesn't exist, no more" cause somehow I was looking through a different view then now. I typed the site in my address toolbar one day, and lo and behold it was still active!!!

When it comes to negativity, I've had my share of battles with some of y'all espeically the "charlatans" who are here to just make a "buck" of some naive kid. I almost fell for one of them, but after I asked him a basic question on "escalation" which he couldn't answer I realized something, the answer I had to find on my own, I read tons and tons of threads, but nothing gave me more knowledge then "learning" on my own. There is a reason I avoid the "she is a svlt" threads because its the same thing, again and again and again. I'm a postive person, I have enough "negative" crap happening in my real life. The last thing I wanna read is about some guy being cheated by his girl and wondering if he should take her back. I don't have time for threads, are they wrong? no, not if a person is geniunly looking to be helped, however I do understand sometimes we need to vent, its human nature.

I have nothing agaisnt guys who sincerly want to improve or need advice. I was one of them, still am at times. But what I hate is a guy who is crying and wants to give up. This site can be what it was once again, if people change their mindset and astrive to be real men

peace

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This forum has always been a real mixed bag. It also goes in cycles -- when I first started reading back on my old account 3 or 4 years ago, you could ask a question about dating or self-confidence and immediately would get 5 responses back that amounted to "Dude, go lift weights and get huge. You'll love yourself when you have muscles." That cycle ended, another began. Now it's the in a "all women suck, so just use them as you see fit and move on" kind of cycle.

You read, you figure out who has good sh!t to say, and you filter accordingly.

xectxny19x

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread. I haven't been here for a while and can't seem to post a new thread. Can anyone help out?