Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The world's fwcking fetish for traveling

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
Now I know plenty of you are going to disagree and maybe even call out my young age. But this was something my best friend and I were talking about and shared a couple laughs over.

I couldn't really give less of a sh1t about "traveling and seeing the world" haha. Not that I don't enjoy traveling, exploring different cultures, visiting historical landmarks, and immersing myself in diverse lifestyles, I do, but on the list of "things I want to do before I die" it's not particularly high.

I'm just talking about the mentality that just because something seems exotic to you, then it's awesome. I swear, every single Facebook status I see that has anything REMOTELY to do with travel, especially to a foreign country, gets at LEAST 50+ likes, often well over a hundred. Don't even get me started on people who post about studying abroad. Here in the US it's like anything involving Europe automatically = cool/success. Well guess what, all my buddies from Europe, Africa, and South America who now go to school with me in the US are thinking the same thing WOW I'M IN AMERICA THIS IS SUCCESS and that's how everyone they know from back home is thinking.

I mean, I agree that it's cool to travel. Just don't get the whole OMG LOOK THINGS ARE SO DIFFERENT HERE OMG, it's like yeah what do you expect of course these people have different lifestyles. I mean I get it but I don't have it.

In terms of pleasure, I'd use vacation time on my hobbies and relationships, not "seeing the world".

In terms of business, I'd rather make a name for myself at home (or somewhere far from my hometown..just as long as it's in one place) instead of jumping around place to place. Does not seem fun to me. Like traveling agency companies who try to recruit you to work for them and say "in this job you never stay still for more than two months" and to me that just seems fwcking annoying.

It's funny cuz my mentality toward traveling is very different from my mentality toward most things - in terms of hobbies, I'm definitely a "try everything and anything" kind of guy, I don't really want to stick with one hobby. Even career-wise I liked the idea of being a jack of all trades, although more recently I have become determined to focus along one path.

It's not like I haven't traveled. From the ages of 11-16 I was out of state at a pace of roughly one weekend a month. Some summers I'd be in 4 different places over the course of a month. I've been to pretty much every corner of continental USA. I made friends from Florida, Texas, Cali, New York, Oregon, Kansas, Nebraska, Ohio, New England, all over...I mean it's kinda cool but not a huge deal to me beyond that. Underneath appearance, culture, ideas, and socionomic situations people are all the same

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
People want what they don't HAVE, of course. If you've had it, (in most cases) you no longer value it (very much). Best to not wait until vacation time to work on a relationship. :) That needs to be a nearly daily thing, actually. What most people desperately need to learn is how to save and invest money, so that they HAVE a life in 10 years or so, instead of still being/doing/having nothing, after 40 years of working, cause they let the landlord, bank, utility, gas and car companies, and the tax man take it all, over being too lazy/stupid to learn how to prevent all that "funding' of the enemy. (ie, giant corporations and Go'vt).

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait a minute its not she "world's fetish for travels" but its the WOMEN's fetish for travels!

Just surf random facebook profiles info or dating sites and you'll see that literally 90% of girls "love to travel", but the point is that they dont like new culture or see monuments, they just like something to brag about.

Travelling for them is a futher tool for attention wh0ring and bragging/getting attention, "look at me in Florence, do you envy me?" and so on.

If you get some of them who visited Paris and ask them who built and why the tower they wouldnt know even if they toke 100 pictures of themselves there.

Anyway I agree with you OP, I use my vacation time to do what I like to do or to improve my quality of life, I think my life will be much fuller in having a summer relationship with a girl I like rather than running around Europe staying 3 days in every city.

Its no travelling, its just the braggin/attention wh0ring allowed for travellers which attract women and marginally the ego boost they get by being "multicultural".

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to travel to see things I want to see / things that interest me. But I can't travel for traveling sake. The only place I've been to as an adult to travel for traveling sake is Hawaii and that's for obvious reasons.

I like history so I've been over to Italy/Rome before. Want to go back. But like we were planning our vacation later this year and my wife asked me did i want to go to Brazil and i was like lol why? WTF do i want to see in Brazil it's not like i can **** any of the girls there or anything if i can't **** while i'm there there's no point in going. AIDS, that big ass statue of Jesus and cocaine lol that's about all that's in south america. Well I take that back I wouldn't mind going to the Amazon one day but this wasn't one of those things.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
I have traveled to every Continent now except for Australia.

I can say that it is well worth it and I highly recommend it to others. Nothing gives you a better perspective or more knowledge about a culture than visiting it and interacting with the people.

One of the key concepts I learned was how ridiculous the "earn pennies a day" mantra was, as I traveled through Asia and Africa. Yes, they earn pennies a day, but necessities over there also cost pennies compared to the US.
the guy knows his sh!t...repped

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who doesn't want to travel?

Unless you have enough money you are staying put.

OP I understand where you are coming from..
Just realise alot of your Facebook "friends" are living In a dream world.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
the great majority of single US men can travel all they want after 2-3 years of serious money making and investment. there are ways to clear 40lk your first year. 50k the scond year and 3rd year, then clear 100k each ofr the 4 ad 5th year here, if you've got a third world woman. that's 340k, theres a way for
both of you to live ok in the US on 150k, for a five year period,leaving 200k for investment. If that investment is handled well, it will clear you 100k a year and neither you nor wife have to work ever again. I have told mine that she gets 10k a year for her personal use, and 10k a year more for her expensess. and I get about 10k a year, also. So that's 150k that we spend, and 190k that we have available to invest.

190k will buy and rennovate 3 big old houses into 20 room appartments that will rent for $300-$400 a month depending upon loacation and furnishings (like cable tv, internet and a computer, fridge, electric stove, microvwave and ac.-heater unit. If theres' a vending machine or two and a mini laundrmomat, adequate parking for 20 cars. and the garbage, bugs and mice are kept under control, you can get $400 a month for each of your 20 rooms. 96,000$ per yearTotal income. For 10k a year, a drunken SS couple will tend it and you make 50k a year after taxes, with one or two little tricks that I know. 3 x $50k a year is pretty good money for somthing that you don't have to check on (much)

Pay a property managment company 5k a year to check on your managars for you, once a month If we continue to work at our regular jobs, we can add another 2 such buldings the next year, and then 4 more the next year. After the last set of buildings has beenproducing 35-40k a year for 3 years, we can sell all nine of them for a million bucks and have 3/4, mill dollars, each, which is plenty to retireupon nicely here in the US. If you know jack squat about investng. it will provivde you with 50k a year, after tax,and that's plenty of monney, if you don't screw up and have kids.

So there it is. a way that any singe US male can be retired in the US within 10 years of his becomin 21 years of age. With1 k a week coming in, without your lifting a finger, from your mutual fund, you wll be free to do nothing but look for better investments, like small used car lots, or the new (legal)marijana growing bizes. Or you can invent someting,or open a halfway house in town that has none, That' a HUGE, guaraneed money maker, cause milllions of guys are begging to get out of prison 4-14 months "early" and have a chance at having a car. job and some pvssy, beer ,and pot! Takes alost a mill $ to set up such a thing, so you'll need some co-investors, but it's easy to find such investors. for this sort of deal. cause they CANT lose if you've set it up properly, with 1/4 mill of your own money.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive traveled around, just out of curiosity. Sometimes it was great, sometimes it was sh1te. All in all Im glad I did it.
I get into some crazy situations when traveling that I never get into at home.
Brawling in a bus stop on the Cambodian border, threesome in China, bagged a young beauty in Paris.... ya I know Im bragging, but you know.
Its not everyone's cup a joe and thats fair enough.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
englishman said:
Ive traveled around, just out of curiosity. Sometimes it was great, sometimes it was sh1te. All in all Im glad I did it.
I get into some crazy situations when traveling that I never get into at home.
Brawling in a bus stop on the Cambodian border, threesome in China, bagged a young beauty in Paris.... ya I know Im bragging, but you know.
Its not everyone's cup a joe and thats fair enough.
Yep, that's all it is. Experience. Life experience. You can't always learn from it, it doesn't always present a profound moment. It just is what it is. New experiences, which to me, are always fun. I get bored with the routine of life and travel gives me something completely new. It's like being a kid again and just cutting loose.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
Yep, that's all it is. Experience. Life experience. You can't always learn from it, it doesn't always present a profound moment. It just is what it is. New experiences, which to me, are always fun. I get bored with the routine of life and travel gives me something completely new. It's like being a kid again and just cutting loose.
I agree. I went overseas last year and I am going overseas again this year. Will be visting a few countries in Asia this year and probably South America or Europe next year. Will be fun.:D

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
watsamatter, po lil feller, can't just ignore some moron's posts? I see little benefit, and a fair amount of risk, in traveling anywhere but Canada and the US, to include Alaska. However, there's many climates, terrains and cultures to learn about/from in this huge N American continent. Just don't go unarmed.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goundra said:
watsamatter, po lil feller, can't just ignore some moron's posts? I see little benefit, and a fair amount of risk, in traveling anywhere but Canada and the US, to include Alaska. However, there's many climates, terrains and cultures to learn about/from in this huge N American continent. Just don't go unarmed.
Holy mother of fvck you're retarded

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
easy to say, but backing it up is much harder, which is why you didn't bother try, punk.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goundra said:
easy to say, but backing it up is much harder, which is why you didn't bother try, punk.
did you just recently learn English...you seem to have an incomplete grasp of sentence structure....its tough being 7 years old isn't it.. :crackup:

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
You have to grow up a little, hit mid life at least, to discover that the world around you is ****. We all want to drive super cars, live in a luxury ocean front property, and **** models everyday. But reality is much different, reality is a *****, it sucks. I can't even describe the reality to you, because it is all around everyone of us, and everyone of us through our life experiences and emotional maturity (or immaturity) perceive reality differently.

Travel is awesome, and it is expensive. Most people do not travel. To travel, and to travel in a good adventurous manner you have to have money, and that means you have to in some way accomplish your life.

It's popular? I bet it is, office plankton can take credit, and travel, and then eat nudles all year. But there is no doubt he felt good during his trip, as he has accomplished his life, and never worry about the credit he taken, and that he has to pay it off.

Travel is romantic, and that's why we all love to travel.

Check out this two great amateur films, guys went to 14,000 km trips over off road. (distance from NY to LA less than 3,000 km)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN1n8jsIs5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vU4U-maKgA

I want to travel like that! That's my dream! But just picture how expensive that trip is.