Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The World Doesn't Understand the DJ Mindset.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently decided to join the Okcupid forums to stir up some **** for kicks. I made a post about how important Kino is and how to use it(though I didn't call it kino), I made another post about how relationships are not nessecary and that you shouldn't get into one unless you are already a happy, stable individual, and one about not dating fatties, but that one was more like icing the cake than actually seeing how people would react.

Needless to say that I was met with a lot of hostility especially from people people who didn't understand the concepts. They said I was being manipulative. They said that you shouldn't subtly woo someone for months, even though I didn't give a time constrained, I just assumed that people knew that you could kiss on a first date. They said that those things won't work on her if she doesn't feel attracted to you, even though a little attraction was implied in the topic I was discussing.

Why are people so sensative and hostile when it comes to wanting to improve your social skills in regaurds to dating? Why is it that when you learn how to sell a computer/stocks/drinks, it's called sales, but when you apply those same skills and concepts to dating it's called being manipulative.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because we're not playing the dating game the "normal way", it pisses them off that we can beat the system, while they continue to try and fail.

I think its part of human nature to be jealous of others success and we all find ways to justify our anger. In their case they cry "manipulation".

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Unfortunately, there are both men and women that look down on the idea of improving your dating skills. I think it is for a few reasons:

1. They don't believe it is possible. You are either a successful, average, or a loser and you can never change.

2. They won't admit they need help with their dating skills. This is the ego speaking here.

3. It's ok for women to get tips from Cosmo, but if guys share tips, they are being "manipulative" and thus a threat to feminist power.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theunflushables said:
Because we're not playing the dating game the "normal way", it pisses them off that we can beat the system, while they continue to try and fail.

I think its part of human nature to be jealous of others success and we all find ways to justify our anger. In their case they cry "manipulation".
Teenage boys and those with little power in America ALWAYS like to believe they are beating the system.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
Teenage boys and those with little power in America ALWAYS like to believe they are beating the system.
Really? I always thought those will little power in America live in their mother's basement and call it the Kiev Marriott.

Snide remarks aside, do you honestly believe that knowing what is taught here does not give a man (no matter where he's from) a leg up over AFCs? If you believe that why waste your time here besides bashing America?

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I decree, ban the troll immediately!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
theunflushables said:
Really? I always thought those will little power in America live in their mother's basement and call it the Kiev Marriott.

Snide remarks aside, do you honestly believe that knowing what is taught here does not give a man (no matter where he's from) a leg up over AFCs? If you believe that why waste your time here besides bashing America?
The "lessons here" aren't some special knowledge that makes you better than the rest of the world. It's just reminding you of things you innately know and have forgotten as a result of conditioning.

Dunno what you expected joining OKC forums. :p The people who dwell on forums for a dating site are going to be people who struggle with dating...so expect them to reject your "tips".

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
3. It's ok for women to get tips from Cosmo, but if guys share tips, they are being "manipulative" and thus a threat to feminist power.
One of the oldest rules in the book is "never ask a woman for dating advice." It's not just because women don't really know what they want or aren't able to rationalize what attracts them.

One of the reasons is the one you stated which is what you mentioned but it can be translated also.

women don't want you being a threat to feminist power = women hate seeing men being successful and happy with women

I once asked a female friend of mine to help a friend of mine out with a cute female friend of hers. My friend is college educated, has a nice job, responsible, lives by himself. He's a really good guy and wanted to help him out.

I told her all this and she looked at me as if I somehow asked her if she wanted to buy drugs from me! In fact I don't think she would have looked as pissed off if I had asked her to buy drugs from me or to go sacrifice a baby kitten or something!

All I wanted to do was to see my friend be happy and that's what I got. Women hate seen men happy.

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I recently decided to join the Okcupid forums to stir up some **** for kicks.
Do you have the links to your threads??? I'd like to see the comments there.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does everyone drop that Cosmo line? No real person reads Cosmo and takes it seriously, except for maybe some 15 year olds who think they're reading something scandalous.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "lessons here" aren't some special knowledge that makes you better than the rest of the world. It's just reminding you of things you innately know and have forgotten as a result of conditioning.
That's very true. Look at the idea of social proof or making someone jealous. Most people are doing this stuff in high school, just because it's innately understood. I figured out most of this stuff on my own when I was in my twenties, long before I came here.

There's very little new or relevatory on this forum as far as I can see. The difference is there's special terminology used, and it's all gathered together so you can see it as a whole.

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I skim through those threads and what I see is it's basically 4 or 5 or the same users replying to all of them. That hardly tells you anything except 5 losers who got nothing better to do then hang out on a dating forum. The good thing is that there are pics, so you can tell they are AFC's right away.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
are private messages allowed on okcupid? we should drop them a line to check out sosuave.com (the forum and the articles) :D

it's always good to save some souls.
I've always been of the mind that if people really want the help, they'll seek it out. Inviting them over here just seems like a recipe for disaster.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I've always been of the mind that if people really want the help, they'll seek it out. Inviting them over here just seems like a recipe for disaster.
I disagree. Sometimes people need an invitation to find out about something new.

Whether they are receptive to what they find shouldn't matter to you since it's destiny whether they accept what they find or not. That shouldn't stop you from giving out invitations :)

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
f283000 said:
One of the oldest rules in the book is "never ask a woman for dating advice." It's not just because women don't really know what they want or aren't able to rationalize what attracts them.

One of the reasons is the one you stated which is what you mentioned but it can be translated also.

women don't want you being a threat to feminist power = women hate seeing men being successful and happy with women

I once asked a female friend of mine to help a friend of mine out with a cute female friend of hers. My friend is college educated, has a nice job, responsible, lives by himself. He's a really good guy and wanted to help him out.

I told her all this and she looked at me as if I somehow asked her if she wanted to buy drugs from me! In fact I don't think she would have looked as pissed off if I had asked her to buy drugs from me or to go sacrifice a baby kitten or something!

All I wanted to do was to see my friend be happy and that's what I got. Women hate seen men happy.
This is spot on. I don't want to go off on a tangent or hijack the thread, but this is a point worth remembering. A lot of women ARE well aware of what attracts them, but they don't want to help you improve or see your succeed.

When I was a desperate 27 year old virgin, I finally got a former female friend to agree to take me to the bar to give me some pickup tips and hopefully point out where I was going wrong. Instead of offering constructive criticism, she got REALLY condescending and basically treated me like a piece of sh*t that was hopeless and could never get a girl. Finally, when she went to the restroom, the (female) bartender called me aside and said, "What is up with her? You're a really nice guy, and she's being soo mean to you." (The bartender didn't know either of us, so she was an objective third party.)