Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Wedding Planner from Hell

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin got married last weekend. I like his girl a lot, and I'm happy for them. They are 21, dated since they were 15, and lived together since they were 18. She is a beautiful blonde and treats him very well.

But the wedding was misery. I don't consider the bride to be trashy at all, but her family epitomizes trash. Her aging bar skank of a mother threw her out when she was still in high school, then went and got herself a big pair of fake boobs. They did look nice, as they were pushed up and overflowing a gaudy yellow prom dress. She made sure that her tramp stamp showed through the back. Obviously, she found her daughter's superior beauty very threatening. The trashy mom also saw to it that an equally trashy friend of hers got hired as the wedding planner.

She wore a sequined gown at an outdoor wedding on a sunny afternoon, which made a large disco-style lighting effect. But she spent most of her time standing in the shade and smoking anyway. The rest of the time, she was screaming at people. The tent she promised wasn't there, and she made everyone sit staring into the blazing 95 degree afternoon sun for about an hour. I thought the old people were going to drop.

At the reception, everyone had to sit and do nothing for an hour and a half while they took pictures and the wedding party got plastered. No seats were marked as reserved, but that was ok because the wedding planner would just yell at whoever was in the wrong seat. In the seating confusion, my other cousins sat at a table that had two purses underneath it that they couldn't see; later she came over and screamed at them for trying to steal the purses. When the food finally came, the wedding planner elbowed herself into line just behind the wedding party, then got her own food and ate before all of the guests, including the groom's mother, who was the one paying her. While serving the wedding cake, she cut it into 2" squares and only gave everyone a single piece. After all the cake was served, 2 1/2 of the 3 cakes were left over. My uncle went back to get another piece and she yelled at him that he was eating too much cake.

My point with this story is to direct it at any guy with a wedding in his future. Take an interest in who gets hired as your wedding planner. I never realized before how bad a wedding could be. It was misery for everyone who wasn't too drunk to care.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
our wedding was qutie nice. i purosely kept myself out of the loop with all that, not really my thing and whatever the misses wanted i wanted her to have, just tell me what to do and what i need to wear and i'm good. the wedding was qutie nice, we had it at a church in her home town. but the reception i don't'; think i have ever been as bored in my life because none of my friends were there. and i couldn't just get trashed lol that's not a good first impression to make on your wife's extended family. i spent a good deal of my receiption in a room playing the grand piano they had, and about 1 hour meeting and gretting members of her family i had not yet met.

lol we both got pretty fvcked up on our honeymoon though.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife and I got married at City Hall with a few people present. We later planned three separate parties - one in NYC, one where I'm from and most of my family lives in the midwest, and one in Brazil where her family lives. Each one was low key. We played Wii, made ****tails and served finger foods and cake at ours in NYC. My mom planned one and had it catered but it was nothing like the typical reception you see today - maybe cost $1,000 or so. Her family's party in Brazil was even more low key - just a home cooked meal and everyone hanging out at home.

We told people "no gifts" but said if they wanted to contribute something toward our trip to Brazil to feel free. People gave if they wanted/could. Everyone had a great time and probably altogether no more than $3,000 was spent on three parties including our international airfare.

It's funny but in Brazil family and friends get together all the time to eat and hang out. When we do something like that in the US it has to be a huge production, like an Oscar party. But here it happens once in a blue moon and then everyone goes back to the drudgery of their lives. They put so much pressure on themselves to have fun, they forget to keep it simple.

I'm not saying they don't have lavish parties down there - they have wedding receptions, 15th birthday parties for girls, etc., etc. But it's all part of the bigger idea that life is a cabaret.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol me and my 21 year old brother who was my best man played a game of madden on our psp's in our reception.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was really pleased with my wedding. With the exception of the ceremony location being rained out, everything went really well. We planned the wedding and focused more on having fun than having things being traditional. There was so much fvcking food that there were leftovers galore. It was the most fun party that I've ever attended! A few years later, my wife told me how she was really disappointed with the wedding, and regretted not have a Disney-themed wedding. Say what????

My best friend's wedding was a bit of a disaster. It was planned within two months and was a nightmare as far as scheduling went. Add to the fact that the bride was five months pregnant and got sick during the wedding.

If you're going to plan a wedding, give yourself a good year to get everything together.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most wedding planners are ****ing terrible at their job. They are just out of school and think that because they've been to a wedding and helped their friend with one that they can do it professionally and they can't.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I was really pleased with my wedding. With the exception of the ceremony location being rained out, everything went really well. We planned the wedding and focused more on having fun than having things being traditional. There was so much fvcking food that there were leftovers galore. It was the most fun party that I've ever attended! A few years later, my wife told me how she was really disappointed with the wedding, and regretted not have a Disney-themed wedding. Say what????

My best friend's wedding was a bit of a disaster. It was planned within two months and was a nightmare as far as scheduling went. Add to the fact that the bride was five months pregnant and got sick during the wedding.

If you're going to plan a wedding, give yourself a good year to get everything together.
you know that pissed me off probably more than anything realizing that beucase we were in england i coudln't take any leftovers home. that's the best freaking part of the wedding.. beisdes the actual wedding of course. i can still taste those rolls lol. i freaking throw down at weddings, i don't care whoose it is)

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
lol me and my 21 year old brother who was my best man played a game of madden on our psp's in our reception.
This is awesome.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sheesh.... we sent food and cake home with everyone. someone has to eat it all.