Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The VMA's : Opinions of the Board.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got suckered into watching this out of curiousity and through the appeasement of my girl who's sick. We balanced our VMA's by watching GOLF/BASEBALL/FOOTBALL, so all was well.

1. Ever notice how MTV, is not MUSIC, but MOVIES? Only about 1% of all the music (if you call it that, is played).

2. I like HIP HOP and R&B, but can we get some variety?? The top awards have consistently gone to the same type of musical genre, and that is not what's good.

3. AHHH, earth to Nick Lahey, your wife, if she still is, has become the protypical hollywood tramp. Her wholesome goodness has been sold out for skin and tits.

4. Give her 3 years, and Ashlee Simpson will have a nose job, that's IF she wants to have any sort of career in Hollywood. She should have her picture next to the word NEPOTISM in the dictionary. Riding on Jessica's short coat tails is the only way she got on stage.

5. Ever notice how RB/RAP concerts are WORSE live than ROCK shows?

6. Poor Dane Cook, he's funny otherwise. His joke selection was poor. Especially the "superbleeder".

7. Diddy Showcasing his New Name. Blah.

8. Good job American Idol, Kelly Clarkson nabbed Simon some serious dough.

9. The Shaq was truly funny. I never noticed how big he was relative to everybody else.

There's more, but not enough time to post. Some of my thoughts aren't meant to be racial, but the VMA's are more like the RMA's, RAP MUSIC AWARDS with a digusting display of wealth, excess and flaunts of priviledge.

A-UNIT

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was more amused that Gay unit and faggy squad were fighting. Way to bring ghetto to the party

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard it was the worst VMAs ever. Not that I've even watched it in the past 5 years...

After reading your post and also hearing about the show on a couple radio programs, it seems to me that the VMAs (and MTV in general) are about "fake" things.

No talent "gangstas" like 50 Cent who act like they are thugs, and then go home to a house in the Hollywood Hills with a couple Bentleys in the garage. Or "singers" like Ashlee Simpson, who would have had a snowball's chance in hell in the music biz if it hadn't been for her older sister. "Comedians" like Dane Cook who are funny the first time you see them, but immediately become annoying and stupid once you realize that they use the same lines and material over and over.

And people like "Diddy" who actually expect people to care that he dropped an initial from his name. What has he contributed to society except for a couple of mediocre rap albums that capitalized off of Biggie's death? Good fashion? Hahaha, please. The guy is a media *****.

It's just sad what pop culture has become, thanks to MTV. Well, I guess "pop culture" will always be contrived to a certain degree, but it's mostly sad because of the fact that so many people buy into it, and they never think for themselves.

Reaction score
-R.Kelly was a horrible one-man show.

-Greenday won almost every award (7 out of 8, not really sure).

-Other than Common, Mainstream Rap sucks.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just shocked at how powerful MTV and Hollywood really is! They turn average people into superstars/kazillinoaires; at the expense of the clueless sheep supporting every endeavor they pursue.

I don't get why people watch or endorse the $hit these no talents put out? I guess i have a hard time living vicariously through other peoples lives--unlike most of the population!

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by il_duce

No talent "gangstas" like 50 Cent who act like they are thugs, and then go home to a house in the Hollywood Hills with a couple Bentleys in the garage.
I don´t usually look at the biography of artists. If it makes me groove, I like it, not because of who he is. I could care less. People should stop looking up at artists to look for a role model.
What you we saw was a entertainment program. If you want some serious buissiness, look at your buissiness (whatever it is). And the grammy´s suck, btw.

I see realizing showbiz isn´t that great as fiinding out women aren´t what you suppoosed they were.

Stop attacking a show because of it´s meaningfulness. It´s like accusing a child of being childish.

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my brother and his mates from little old england somehow got tickets, I think he has been in america too long, because this is the e mail he just sent me, considering he is into rock, he sounds like a right tosser.

:down:

Dude! VMA's were awesome last night - reallly good show. Diddy was an awesome host - gave away his watch to this guy in the audience - i was a very jealous man! MC hammer even came on and all the black artists were loving it. 50 cent started dissing fat joe at the end of his performance - just shouted "fat joe's a ***** and your crew is nothing". Then about 30 huge blokes just stormed to the back of the stage - one minute later the 10 police just cained it accross - ****ing brilliant! Grand master flash dj the whole event which was pretty cool as well.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The VMA's?? I didn't even know they were showing that thing! MTV is made to kill braincells and worship false idols (rap thugs wearing pants falling from their butts, to hors like paris hilton)

the world would be so much better if there were no mtv..and hollywood.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The world would be better if they´d stop worshipping that ****. It´s just entertainment. Wether good or bad entertainment.. thats kind of subjective. Now, if you want a good show, wait till Michael Jackson tours again.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like ashlee simpson..
nose included..

not sure what it is about her, but i'd rather bang her then jessica.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^
Those two girls are nasty! Talking about bodily functions and partaking in bodily functions is disgusting for a girl to do IMO.

I won't date a girl that does that kind of $hit!

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl coaxed me into watching this teenie fest

I'm amazed at how much creativity was absent from a stage show that must have costed 200 million dollars to make, unfreakingbelievable.......also, I never got tired of seeing EVERY single performer come spinning up out of the floor. Very Michael Jackson. All I know is that I had to pee just about every hour

I miss Pink Floyd.:(

high nrg

Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched the preshow thing for like 5 minutes. john norris (im pretty sure thats his name) didnt look right wearing sunglasses and a purple tie-dye sleeveless.

and Green Day is starting to get on my nerves.

oh well, teach their own

Son Goten

Don Juan
Reaction score
MTV has also become nothing but REALITY SHOWS AND MORE REALITY SHOWS!!! BLAH. :down:

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ashlee Simpson... what a f*cking hack. She needs to dissapear immediately for anyone to not want to puke when they hear her name.

I think if I ever got the chance to bone Ashlee I'd give her the hardest donkey punch ever and say "That's for SNL and blaming it on your band!"

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn it... MTV has gotten to the point where I cannot even laugh at it anymore.

Usually, watching overproduced **** like the VMA's at least makes me giggle, but even though I tried my best... I just could not get through it. Before, at least they pretended that it was 'live' and slightly decent (although completely ridiculous). Now... they are not even trying anymore.

I'm not a fan of bashing 'pop' culture because the concept of it is ridiculous as is, but at least in the late nineties (the Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys come to mind) at least it was reasonably entertaining.

Now... it's just like "Don't let Jerry win... best watch your MTV's."

"We're at the point now where we don't even give a **** about entertaining you in the pop culture sense... just watch the mother****ing show."

The best part about all of this? The VMA's will probably be the best musical award show of the year.

Ahhh... American culture... you got to love it. ;)

AS

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't watch MTV. Country Music TV, on the other hand...

Hell yes, redneck yacht club.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRenegadesOfFunk
-R.Kelly was a horrible one-man show.

-Greenday won almost every award (7 out of 8, not really sure).

-Other than Common, Mainstream Rap sucks.
Although R.Kelly is a hog...I'll at least give him credit for doing something unique musically. Telling an actual story with his music instead of singing all thug was nice to see. He's still a disgusting person, though. Of course...Green Day and Kelly Clarkson got the crowd excited the most.

Rap is on it's way out. People are getting sick of it...it is all the same and people want something new.

T

tj

Originally posted by Wyldfire
Although R.Kelly is a hog...I'll at least give him credit for doing something unique musically. Telling an actual story with his music instead of singing all thug was nice to see. He's still a disgusting person, though. Of course...Green Day and Kelly Clarkson got the crowd excited the most.

Rap is on it's way out. People are getting sick of it...it is all the same and people want something new.
I personally never new that rap was here anyway. However, people like Dr. Dre who are truly artists will never be gone.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

The real talents have faded from the marketing machine that is MTV or retired. Or entered rehab. MTV was built upon the sweat and piss of drunk hard rock bands and come to the rule of rap bands. SOME, are talented, but they are few and far between.

Greenday, while I liked their first CD dookie, is not 'rock'. Nor was it the original genre of music that made MTV so popular. To win that many awards does not demonstrate talent, it demonstrates a LACK of talent, a lack of staying power, a lack of depth.

I'm a big fan of Breaking Benjamin, Dave Matthews, but you'll never see those bands on there. Last show I was at was 3 doors down, staind, and BB. BB was the only band to play original songs. Each song wasn't a copy of the previous one; they were actually unique songs.

Did anybody catch that R Kelly's song/artistic rendition was titled "trapped in a closet", and was about a guy who was cheating on his wife with gay men? Sort of like being on the "DOWNLOW?" I tried following it. He lipsynced the whole thing, and even missed a few lines, but it was 'different'.

It really was like watching the Source awards, and MTV through it bits of rock and women just to sprinkle it for the public viewership. Still terrible and I've lost respect for MTV completely.

A-Unit