Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The ups and downs of conversations

Do you ever have boring convos?

• Yes, a lot

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Not really

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it that you can sometimes have interesting, funny conversations with people, while other times it is boring, mundane, and generally crap, like the following:

(example of BORING convo)

A: so how are you today?
B: good thanks and yourself?
A: yeah not too bad
B: so where are you headed?
A: to biology class
B: oh ok is that interesting?
A: well it's alright, some of the stuff we're covering right now is pretty boring (like this conversation)
B: oh ok, yep.
A: so whereabouts are you headed?
B: oh i'm going to a psychology lecture
A: ok see you around
B: bye

(end boring convo)

Sometimes you can turn a boring convo into a funny one by saying something funny and ridiculous (but then it fizzles again shortly afterwards). You gotta admit though, from that convo up there, you dont have much material to work with.

Okay, yes, rapport is very important, but creating it is not the easiest thing in the world, is it.....

Just wondering what some of you guys think about interesting conversation. I mean, I'd like to have interesting convos ALL of the time but that's not gonna happen :).

EverywhereMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rarely.

I think it's because I would never ask a question like "where are you headed", especially during the day, because you know that it's going to be work related, unless you both do the same subject (in which case you can say: "with Proffessor Smith?! Have a good nap then.").

Asking "where are you headed" is good at night time, because people will be headed to somewhere fun and/or at least interesting. You can see where I'm going with this...

Apart from that, there's always some different take you can have on the mundane answer. Being in a good fun mood always helps.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The harder it is to do it, the better ur chance of success!

Originally posted by cant think of a user name
Okay, yes, rapport is very important, but creating it is not the easiest thing in the world, is it.....
Just because its not easy to create, doesnt mean its gonna stop me from creating it.... NEVER "not" do something just because it might be hard... look at it as a challenge, and DO it, rather than look for an easiyer way out.

Laterz...

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EverywhereMan said:
...because you know that it's going to be work related...
Good point, often those kinds of work-related convos go nowhere. Fun convos are rarely, if at all, work-related.

EverywhereMan said:
Being in a good fun mood always helps
True.

~ªêQµïTª$~ said:
NEVER "not" do something just because it might be hard...look at it as a challenge, and DO it, rather than look for an easiyer way out....
Too right, creating (or trying to create) rapport with people is much better than sitting back and not trying at all!

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never. I only talk to people when I am in the mood to WORK to PILOT the convo in the right direction. Im a great conversationalist so as long as ive got the energy convos are entertaining.

BUT... sometimes conversations go to areas I dont like? People take my transitions from flirty/fun to personal too seriously sometimes, and offer deep information I really dont care to know. That makes it AKWARD.

My convos are raaarely boring, but every now and again they are pretty fvcking akward.