Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The unspoken DJ tool of success, POWER.

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"There is no knowledge that is not power." -Some Chinese proverb.

"Monica Lewinski made the same mistake that all young girls make, she wanted to **** a powerful man." -Dave Chappelle.

There are many kinds of power, there is physical power, finanicial power, political power, intellectual power, will power, religious power, solar power...... tossed that last one in to see if you were paying attention.

Power is a very seductive thing, most obiviously the attraction to it is measured by those that want to wield it. Power if you think that the seduction of power ends there, then you may just learn a thing or two today.

The use of power itself is an act of dominance, and will. If it goes unchecked it can have dangerous consequences. Those wielding seemingly absolute power draw the attention of those yearning to be near power, those who are impressed by it, and those of course who want it. History shows that kings, presidents, generals, barons and tyrannts have had followers and hangers on seeking his audience and a taste of power.

Now lets look at a DJ at a party. He's with a large circle of friends, who through time began to look to him and follow his lead. If he doesn't hang out with the group, he is missed, his sense of humor is accepted by the group and any jokes told seek his approval. In conversations his opinion overrides others and people reverse themselves to agree with him in order look good in his eyes.

Looks like a pretty powerful person to me. Now just imagine what a women in the group or one trying to get into the group sees. She's status for herself. She sees fame. She sees a larger than life figure. She sees her next boyfriend. Doesn't matter if the DJ has the face of a Domino's Pizza, doesn't matter that he has an average income, doesn't even matter if he is fat and has a baby ****. What matters is that he is powerful and being with him would raise her status amongst her peers. She sees a threat to her status as well, because if he should look poorly on her, her status and social mobility in that group is ruined. She finds that her attraction is one of need and desire. She needs to protect her status, and desires to increase it. She needs protection from other men, while desiring the attention of that one special man. These feelings have long exsisted even during the most primal parts of human exsistance.

Think about it why do girls honestly date the jocks and bad boys when they are young. Because they are different? Please a chess geek is different from everybody else, but when was the last time you saw them banging the prom queen as it were. No it is because the jock and bad boy have power. Lets ask them what kind of power they have.

Jock: I lead my team to victory, I have the talent to preform amazing feats.

Bad boy: I disobey all rules and conventions around me, I bow to no one and in fact force people to follow my ways.

Let's translate what they are saying:

Jock: I am a warrior, I am needed for victory. I am strong enough to protect those around me.

Bad boy: I am a law maker, I don't accept what those around me suggest as codes of conduct, instead I make my own and force those around me to do as I say.

At a young age these powers seem to incredible, hence why so many seek these people out to "befriend." But of course everyone gets older and then there is college. The jocks are still around and so are the bad boys, but enter the socialites like frat boys. The frat boys are the party throwers and the frat's themselves are the only places that have the power to throw such parties. Suddenly being a jock and a bad boy aren't as powerful, because if you can't get into a party, well college will be very boring indeed. Of course after college is real life, and someone with a good job, and a mix of the bad boy, jock and frat boy are the ones that have power in the social circles.

So how do you obtain power should be your next question. Well its simple to say but hard to do, naturally. First you must be willing to impose your will on others, sometimes subtlely and other times very much open and public. Second, remember how earlier in other posts other DJs were telling you that you need to find a niche to get in with a group? Well now its time to begin to take on other niche's, important one's like the groups funny man, the activity director and of course the sage. When you have control of these niche's and use them effectively, you become indespensible to the group. Which gives you power over the group. Finally you must know when to impose your will and how much imposing should be done. If you are heavy handed then you get called a tyrannt, do it covertly all the time and you are a snake in the grass. The key is to appear to be fair in the imposing of your will and if someone gets swept to the wayside it is done so with seeming kindness and gentility.

A good book to understand power is the 48 Laws of Power which are all very usefull or will be to you at some point.

-Grey Fox

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good post on the the subject of power.

If you really want to know about the subject of power, read "The Prince" by Nicolo Machiavelli. One of my personal favorites.

Machiavelli is often misinterpreted or misunderstood as a philosopher encouraging princes and men to be completely ruthless and evil in the pursuit of power.

If you read "The Prince"' carefully, Machiavelli states that people are basically selfish creatures who will promise you their support in good times but turn against whenever it is to their advantage to do so.

Therefore, it is necessary at times to do things that would be considered unethical or ruthless because of the way people are.

As Machiavelli said, if all people were good then this idea would not be valid, but because they are not and they will sh*t on you when it is to their advantage, then you should have a mind so framed that if you have to turn from nice to ruthless you should be able to do so.

Just like a benevolent king who can show kindness to his subjects one minute but then ruthlessly crush a challenger to his power the next.

Read Machiavelli's "The Prince". Great book.

DJD

Don Juan
Reaction score
"48 Laws of Power" = Robert Greene. You should also check out Greene's other major work, "The Art of Seduction" (even better for DJ purposes, I think). Those are two of my favorite books, ever. Read the reviews of both texts on amazon.