Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The UK approach thread

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good thing they didnt lock u up in a turkish prison or else you would have got your bums worth :D :D and you'd be limping each morning u got up.

Originally posted by englishman
Its legal in England...I used to do it all the time until they locked me up!

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man it's been ages since I posted here, or even visitted this place. But that 'tent' opener floored me ! :D (no offense, I think it's money, but friggin hilarious at the same time)

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and to the guy that started this thread, and posted an update. Stop asking if she's single, that question gets you nowhere. Balls for asking though !

octane_orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been away from this forum for 1 month and I can believe I am reading the same nonsence from plebs that dont bother reading the DJ bible, or do searches!!!! :(

There are far to many 'acedemics' on this board who bang on about the theory but dont have the balls to implement the theory!!

Guitar_Whizz ... you car coming accross as waaaayyy to keen - a few comments -

"I thought you were kinda cute" ... she then had all the cards and all the advantage, how can you dominate if thats the case?

"bet you're just saying that to get rid of me" - sounds like you dont value yourself, do people normally say stuff to winners to get rid of them?

Do a search on cold approaches ... which in my opinion dont work in the UK... warm appraoches how ever do! .... catch there eye, smile and wait for them to smile back or catch your eye back ... then find a reason to approach.

Never ever say "are you single?" way too direct for the UK, be smart, ask if they are waiting for there bf's, or what ever, somthing indirect and sutle.

Approaching without doing this in the UK make you look like you have mental health problems!!

sandinista

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey everyone. Fellow UK guy here.
Ok, i'll admit that i'm not the most experienced at cold approaches, as i always bottle out at the last minute.

But i've seen people try this stuff, & i already know the outcome after the first sentence.

Women here are VERY closed towards this kind of thing. It's just not normal in the UK. I think that talking to them as a PERSON would be more effective. ie. Not being obvious you're trying it on with them.

Have a normal convo with them, get to know them, etc. Then say something like"I've got to go. But it was nice talking to you. Give me your number & maybe we can hang out sometime."

This is all theory though. I still need to grow some balls & approach women. But from my simple observations i know it's not as easy as this site makes out it is.

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Octo\Sandinista,

Both of you making very good points. Remember however everything is situational !!.

I was standing on a platform on London Underground.. 10 pm in the evening and turned to this attractive looking bird in a business suite and said to her "Fancy a drink". She agreed (I was kind of shocked in aww at the response) see one of my previous posts and we walked off to a bar and then I stayed at her palce for the night. I admit nothing happened didnt get to shag her but do u get my point ?

As stated in the DJ Bible time and time again and its plastered allover the net...words are only 3 % of the communication..

If you want some useful info on the subject get a booked called the "The Charisma factor" by Richardson.

Originally posted by sandinista
hey everyone. Fellow UK guy here.
Ok, i'll admit that i'm not the most experienced at cold approaches, as i always bottle out at the last minute.

But i've seen people try this stuff, & i already know the outcome after the first sentence.

Women here are VERY closed towards this kind of thing. It's just not normal in the UK. I think that talking to them as a PERSON would be more effective. ie. Not being obvious you're trying it on with them.

Have a normal convo with them, get to know them, etc. Then say something like"I've got to go. But it was nice talking to you. Give me your number & maybe we can hang out sometime."

This is all theory though. I still need to grow some balls & approach women. But from my simple observations i know it's not as easy as this site makes out it is.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
Before I post any more pickups, can I just say that this is supposed to be a thread for UK DJs to post their approaches. Instead all I am seeing is lots of pointless junk being posted here, so guys, can we stick to the subject!!!!!

Ok, onward to more approaches. I was out in Manchester yesterday and managed 4 approaches.

APPROACH 3
Approached 2 girls sat down on some seats outside in the city centre

Me: 'Hi guys, how's it goin?'
(They both looked at me like they were a bit shocked to have been approached)
Me: 'I was just walking past and I thought you were kinda cute....are you single?'
Girl A: (points to her friend and says 'she is').
Me: 'Ok, ohhh you're blushing, you're not shy are you?'
Girl B: (looked embarrassed).

Girl A then starts to walk away, leaving me and Girl B to talk, or so I thought - Girl B followed her friend and that was that!

APPROACH 4
Girl sitting by herself outside. I managed to slow down my speech and movement, and relax my body language, which seemed to make myself and the girl more at ease.

Me:'Hey, how's it goin?'
Her: 'Not bad thanks'
Me: 'I was just walking past and I thought you were kinda cute'
Her: (smiling) 'Oh thanks'
Me: 'Can I ask you a question.....are you single?'
Her: 'I'm afraid not sorry'
Me: 'Oh too bad.....so are you just out shopping then?'
Her: 'Yeh, I'm from Glasgow, but going to a concert here'

The conversation continued for a few more questions, then I left as she had a bf.

APPROACH 5
Girl standing outside waiting for someone.

Me: 'Hi, how's it goin?'
Her: 'Hi, fine'
Her: (smiled) 'Oh, thankyou!'
Me: 'Are you single?'
Her: 'No, I have a boyfriend'
Me: 'Really...I bet you're just saying that to get rid of me!'
Her: 'No, I'm not, I'm actually waiting for him now'
Me: 'Oh ok....well have a nice evening'
Her: 'You too'

APPROACH 6
Approached 2 girls at a table in McDonalds, a blonde and a brunette.

Me: 'Hey guys, how's it goin?'
(They look at me strangely)
(There was a silence as if they were gibsmacked by what I said)
Me: (looking at brunette) 'So what are you girls up to tonight?'
Brunette: 'Going back home in a minute'
Me: 'Are you single?'
Brunette: 'No, I have a bf'
Me: 'So where is he now then'
Brunette: 'Back at home in my flat'
Me: 'Just think, he could be with some other girl'
Brunette: 'I'd kill him if he was'
(The blonde then attempted to **** block me)
Blonde: 'Is this a piss-take?'
Me: 'No'
Blonde: 'You're weird...you don't just approach girls like this'
Me: 'So I'm not supposed to approach a girl I like?'
Blonde: 'No it's weird'

The conversation kinda dwindled at that point.

Any thoughts on my approaches, how I could improve, etc? I don't seem to be getting many resukts, but I have hardly any fear (just a thrill) of approaching girls in the daytime in everyday places.
GUITAR WHIZZ
Since April 20th 2005:-
Approaches: 6
Numbers: 0
Dates: 0
Girls shagged: 0
Gfs:0
Sounds like an American approach, I used to live about 25 miles from manchester and I dont reckon it would work over there....have a laugh first and then after youve warmed em up a bit try your approach......

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for your replies, but where are your approaches?? Come on guys, am I the only UK DJ with balls??

What's that BULL that 'cold approaches don't work in the UK???'. I'm fukin sick of hearing that. Do you guys seriously think it's any easier in America?? It's the same anywhere, no matter where you live cold approaches are still just as difficult. So can we quit with this fukin bullsh*t that my approaches are 'too direct' or 'americanised' or 'that cold approaches don't work'.

In fact, if you UK DJs grew some balls and went out and tried some different openers, you'd be suprised.

So if cold approaces supposedly 'don't work', then how is one supposed to meet girls they see everyday? Exactly....by COLD APPROACHING THEM!! DUH!!! So you UK DJs need to STOP YOUR LIMITING BELIEFS and BE MORE OPEN MINDED.

If you think my approach is not so good, then maybe you can suggest something better, BUT ONLY SUGGEST THINGS THAT YOU'VE FIELD TESTED AND GOT SUCCESS FROM, OTHERWISE SHUT UP!.

Last edited:

Doubledragon

Reaction score
I have to admit some uk girls do find it weird when they get approached in the street, i guess it doesn't happen that often, some chicks can be a little stuck up.
You should keep doing what you're doing though its all practice and boosts confidence.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you think my approach is not so good, then maybe you can suggest something better, BUT ONLY SUGGEST THINGS THAT YOU'VE FIELD TESTED AND GOT SUCCESS FROM, OTHERWISE SHUT UP!. [/B]

UK birds dont act like wall flowers same as here in N.America...here they say no when they mean yes, yes when they mean no, perhaps when they mean fvck off and to add insult to it all they love to chant there mantra 'what part of no dont you understand' In the U.K always seemed more upfront.... try a bit more humour, less bombs and power tools.......

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doubledragon
You should keep doing what you're doing though its all practice and boosts confidence.
How does it boost confidence if they all laugh at you say your weird and walk off?

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Two reasons why you might have failed..

1. You tried to hard and showed this in your body language and tone of voice.

2. They were complete *****es

Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
Hey guys, thanks for your replies, but where are your approaches?? Come on guys, am I the only UK DJ with balls??

What's that BULL that 'cold approaches don't work in the UK???'. I'm fukin sick of hearing that. Do you guys seriously think it's any easier in America?? It's the same anywhere, no matter where you live cold approaches are still just as difficult. So can we quit with this fukin bullsh*t that my approaches are 'too direct' or 'americanised' or 'that cold approaches don't work'.

In fact, if you UK DJs grew some balls and went out and tried some different openers, you'd be suprised.

So if cold approaces supposedly 'don't work', then how is one supposed to meet girls they see everyday? Exactly....by COLD APPROACHING THEM!! DUH!!! So you UK DJs need to STOP YOUR LIMITING BELIEFS and BE MORE OPEN MINDED.

If you think my approach is not so good, then maybe you can suggest something better, BUT ONLY SUGGEST THINGS THAT YOU'VE FIELD TESTED AND GOT SUCCESS FROM, OTHERWISE SHUT UP!.