Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The truth or a typical bail out?

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had plans tonight with a girl off Okc, this morning she sends this text:

"You're going to be mad at me. I have to cancel tonight. I've been feeling like I'm getting a cold. Then this morning I woke up even sicker. So unless you want to make out with my snot I think we should reschedule. If you knew me better you'd known I hate bailing. But I need to lay low and hope I'm not sick for my trip to Florida"

She's going to Florida Thursday for a week. Can't decided if its a legit bail out or just an eloquent lie of disinterest.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would tell her "sounds good, get back with me after you get back from Florida and we can set something up".

If she fails to do so you will know she was full of schitt and didn't have enough interest to begin with.

Girls that you constantly have to "game" aren't worth your time.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"gay" - if you want to blow her off

"gay youre buying the drinks next time" - if you want to pursue.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol scrouds I was going to post exactly that.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
tryst type said:

"You're going to be mad at me. I have to cancel tonight. I've been feeling like I'm getting a cold. Then this morning I woke up even sicker. So unless you want to make out with my snot I think we should reschedule. If you knew me better you'd known I hate bailing. But I need to lay low and hope I'm not sick for my trip to Florida"

She's going to Florida Thursday for a week. Can't decided if its a legit bail out or just an eloquent lie of disinterest.
I'd consider it a strike right off the bat on her part. Chick wouldn't bail on her flight if it was the day you were supposed to meet and she was sick regardless.

Here's what I'd do. (Hold that I can't make it card and reply back as if it's nothing.) 99.999% she's full of sh1t or has a slight cold and she's blowing it up as an excuse.

I'd simply reply: "Cancel a trip to Florida? Hell no! I'd sit in a dry sauna for an hour and get rid of that cold then be out of here. I'll see you when you get back. Two shots of Dayquil on me.."

Then don't send or call period unless she calls you or texts back either when she gets back or before.

You that way come off like you are experienced and not bvtthurt by her excuse. (Legit or not.) It "may" get you a meet when she's back.

If you never hear from her again. Keep it moving and don't bother with her again.

Now IF you DO hear from her when she's back...

You hold that "I can't make it" card in your mind but don't mention it. Setup a meet as soon as you can. Escalate on the meet. Drinks. Back to your place. Pump and dump. And disappear as you most likely want to get laid and use that excuse card as your excuse to bang her and come down with a "permanent cold" not bothering with her after you get some.

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"you could have done without the making out with your snot part. other than that, have fun in Florida."

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Less is always more guys. Some of these responses are too try-hard. A simple, "Ok, see ya later" will suffice. Then no contact period unless she texts/calls you.

Id mentally treat it as a strike though.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
Eh she gets the benefit of doubt in my book.

A buddy of mine got flaked on, in which the chick sends a 3 page long text apologizing saying she had to help her sister move. It was legit, they banged not long after

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would she make an excuse like this if it were George Clooney? Next.

Threepersons

Reaction score
tryst type said:

Girls will always use the dramatic sick excuse when they plan to break a date. Notice that she didn't call but only sent a text. She had a better offer from another guy. A guy who has nailed her before is who she went to see. I wouldn't even consider sending her a witty text. She knows why she broke the date with you. If she wants to go out with you she will when she gets back. I wouldn't waste a text on her until she shows any interest but that is still iffy.

Megaman XIV

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's got another guy lined up in florida and is not interested in you. Would she catch a cold for Brad Pitt? I think not.

Drop her ass. Unless you want to be an orbiter.

If a woman confuses you, assume the negative. i.e. Low interest, she's got somebody else, she's an attention wh0re, etc.

origin138

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Megaman XIV said:
If a woman confuses you, assume the negative. i.e. Low interest, she's got somebody else, she's an attention wh0re, etc.
I am inclined to thinking the same way. Interested women don't send mixed signals, but she could legitimately be sick. I'd be very distant with her and test her interest level as much as possible in your case. Let her make all of the next moves. Let her put forth 100% of the effort. She owes you one for flaking.

Reaction score
I like the response. OK. lets her know you read it. but gives her no new information other than that. wait for her to contact. if she does it's on again. but she knows you're strong.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny how girls (especially from online) always happen to be sick the day you're suppose to meet. I had one feed me that line almost verbatim about a week ago, the ironic part is she sent it while she was logged into pof. How symbolic. I use to buy the sick excuse but the reality is that 19/20 times its a blow off. I responded with "Alright" and haven't given her a second thought since. Her lack of follow-up only helped confirm my suspicions.

Last edited:

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, great replies! I had forgotten to check this thread until yup, you guessed it I hear from her today and the truth comes out. Everyone on here was correct, must have been a total excuse/flake because after that sick text my response in fact was simply "K" it must have made her feel guilty or something bc I got a long lengthy text earlier which in summery stated she doesn't think she wants to meet up anymore/wants to take time alone for herself to focus on a better job etc. the best part was she says "you're not my usual type but it was fun bantering" I conclude this as victory on my part bc I got her to send some scandalous pics and had her invested in me without ever meeting (her IL seemed high)

I'm guessing when the dust cleared she realized it was out of character for her and wanted to redeem some dignity, or not. Oh well at least now the "sick" excuse will be instantly warranted as a blow off.

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tryst type said:
Hey Everyone on here was correct, must have been a total excuse/flake because after that sick text my response in fact was simply "K" it must have made her feel guilty or something bc I got a long lengthy text earlier which in summery stated she doesn't think she wants to meet up anymore/wants to take time alone for herself to focus on a better job etc.
k or OK is a great response to somethings but should be used cautiously. It can also be interpreted as being submissive, agreeing to and being "OK" with whatever lame excuse they come up with. I feel OK is best used when they're using a shaming tactic, when they're trying to evoke an emotional response from you.

Her: you're this and that and you do this and you do that and you don't do this and you don't do that.
you: ok
Her: what's that supposed to mean???
you: (no response)
Her: Hello???? What was that???
Her: (phone call...goes to voicemail)
Her: call me...please.

:box: