Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Three Vital Tips for Keeping A Quality Girlfriend

brosnake

Don Juan
Reaction score
[From: http://www.zen-articles.com/home/Ze...e_Vital_Tips_for_Keeping_A_Quality_Girlfriend ]

Anyone with even a modicum amount of experience with women can tell you that it's much harder to maintain an existing relationship than it is to initiate a one night stand.

Here's some tips to help you keep that girl of your dreams by your side-

1) Spontaneity

I've seen many otherwise healthy, happy relationships devolve because the man did not take even a minimal amount of effort to spice up the relationship. There were no random adventures, no midnight joy rides, no spontaneous activities whatsoever- not even deviating from the handful of restaurants he normally frequents.
Women want a man who can whisk her out of her heels and abscond off to Vegas for a romantic weekend. Predictability is akin to death- she has to know you're capable of doing anything at any time. Now I understand that to most men, being in this constant heightened sense of excitement would probably be undesirable (at best). But for women it's different; this exciting state of mind is something thoroughly intriguing and strangely romantic.

"The essence of pleasure is spontaneity." - Germaine Greer

2) Needy

Weak and detrimental emotions like jealousy or neediness must be placed aside once you're completely committed to the relationship. So if you don't feel like you can trust your partner, you shouldn't be engaged in a committed relationship with her. But if you can trust your partner, it's vital to close your trap and curb all ******d signs of jealousy or envy.
Now of course it's only natural for humans to feel like they possess their significant other since they have so much history together. But on a deeper level you must understand that you do not own your girlfriend, nor does she own you. By restraining ourselves from being needy, our brains are more apt to behave in similar patterns in the future. Even after a couple weeks of suppressing your needy attitude, you'll find those emotions will cease to arise in your brain any further.

"That is ever the way. 'Tis all jealousy to the bride and good wishes to the corpse." - James M. Barrie

3) Unconditional Love

If you're going to love someone, love them all the way. Do not give (and never accept) half a heart. Being in a loving relationship requires making sacrifices which you have to be ready to accept (and even desire). If your whole heart isn't into the relationship, she'll know it, usually instantly if only subconsciously at first. She'll respond by testing you with questions or comments, and the relationship usually degrades from there.

"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bonus: No Gifts

You only give gifts on her birthday and (maybe) your yearly anniversaries (Valentine's Day is completely optional and I think excessive). You should never feel forced to give gifts to your partner - after all, what gift can be greater to a woman than her man's undying love? If you love your partner unconditionally, material gifts just seem to be a wholly inadequate way of showing your affection.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not bad. I think there's a couple more "woman specific" things that a guy can do to increase his chance of having relationship success.
  1. Identify the specific character traits which makes her a "quality woman"
  2. Nurture and encourage those traits so that she continues to emote them and not leave them by the wayside
  3. Understand your individual qualities which she enjoys that sustains her needs that constitutes her definition of a good relationship
  4. Keep performing the things that you've identified
In a nutshell, understand what each of you do which sustains a positive relationship and never take those things for granted. Neither of you should become complacent and both should keep doing the good things that brought the two of you together.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Post, 'cept the gifts thing. Your bonus sucks. You're right that gifts shouldn't be some obligation and you have a point about if you love her that much, a gift seems weak. However, this also makes an arbitary rule that while it prevents the "obligation" feeling, it also creates a new feeling saying I have something nice she might like... but I'm not suppose to give gifts. Gift giving should be based on what you feel (with exception to the oneitis feeling where he pretty start throwing money at her).

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want to offer my girlfriend unconditional love. My wife? Probably.

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Not bad. I think there's a couple more "woman specific" things that a guy can do to increase his chance of having relationship success.
  1. Identify the specific character traits which makes her a "quality woman"
  2. Nurture and encourage those traits so that she continues to emote them and not leave them by the wayside
  3. Understand your individual qualities which she enjoys that sustains her needs that constitutes her definition of a good relationship
  4. Keep performing the things that you've identified
In a nutshell, understand what each of you do which sustains a positive relationship and never take those things for granted. Neither of you should become complacent and both should keep doing the good things that brought the two of you together.
wow, props. this is good.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexie said:
wow, props. this is good.
Contrary to popular belief, there are guys in the forum who are willing to become honest if they cross paths with the "right" woman.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
brosnake said:
[From: http://www.zen-articles.com/home/Ze...e_Vital_Tips_for_Keeping_A_Quality_Girlfriend ]

Anyone with even a modicum amount of experience with women can tell you that it's much harder to maintain an existing relationship than it is to initiate a one night stand.

Here's some tips to help you keep that girl of your dreams by your side-

1) Spontaneity

I've seen many otherwise healthy, happy relationships devolve because the man did not take even a minimal amount of effort to spice up the relationship. There were no random adventures, no midnight joy rides, no spontaneous activities whatsoever- not even deviating from the handful of restaurants he normally frequents.
Women want a man who can whisk her out of her heels and abscond off to Vegas for a romantic weekend. Predictability is akin to death- she has to know you're capable of doing anything at any time. Now I understand that to most men, being in this constant heightened sense of excitement would probably be undesirable (at best). But for women it's different; this exciting state of mind is something thoroughly intriguing and strangely romantic.

"The essence of pleasure is spontaneity." - Germaine Greer

2) Needy

Weak and detrimental emotions like jealousy or neediness must be placed aside once you're completely committed to the relationship. So if you don't feel like you can trust your partner, you shouldn't be engaged in a committed relationship with her. But if you can trust your partner, it's vital to close your trap and curb all ******d signs of jealousy or envy.
Now of course it's only natural for humans to feel like they possess their significant other since they have so much history together. But on a deeper level you must understand that you do not own your girlfriend, nor does she own you. By restraining ourselves from being needy, our brains are more apt to behave in similar patterns in the future. Even after a couple weeks of suppressing your needy attitude, you'll find those emotions will cease to arise in your brain any further.

"That is ever the way. 'Tis all jealousy to the bride and good wishes to the corpse." - James M. Barrie

3) Unconditional Love

If you're going to love someone, love them all the way. Do not give (and never accept) half a heart. Being in a loving relationship requires making sacrifices which you have to be ready to accept (and even desire). If your whole heart isn't into the relationship, she'll know it, usually instantly if only subconsciously at first. She'll respond by testing you with questions or comments, and the relationship usually degrades from there.

"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bonus: No Gifts

You only give gifts on her birthday and (maybe) your yearly anniversaries (Valentine's Day is completely optional and I think excessive). You should never feel forced to give gifts to your partner - after all, what gift can be greater to a woman than her man's undying love? If you love your partner unconditionally, material gifts just seem to be a wholly inadequate way of showing your affection.
This all sounds great but is fallacious. Here is your dose of Reality, fellas.

1. Money. Cash. Greenbacks. "De Benjamins." Dead Presidents. Yang Money. Whatever you want to call it, ALL women HB8 and above worship cash. They dont care about a quality man, or how good and decent a person he is as long as he can purchase them the Bling, and the shirts from Baby Phat.

2. Space. All women have this thing about having and needing space. If the sex sucks, that doesnt matter, as they can always purchase the "egg" vibrator and pleasure themselves. They need time and space to themselves and with their friends outside of the relationship. women dont want spontaneous trips to Vegas with the boyfriend, but with THEIR girlfriends. GNO baby, Girls only, the male can stay home and watch television while the gals are hittin' de Clubs, making out with each other in front of a table full of Frat Boys.

3. Male Friends. For some weird reason, almost "Twilight Zone" like, all women LOVE males as platonic friends. They have different levels of friends.

A. The "Platonic" Hott male that wants to fukk them. These are the "Playa" types, the "Latinoman" types, that live in the gym, have the sixx pack abs, and the fast cars and bikes, and they are texting at all hours of the day and night. These guys flirt incessantly, and constantly remind her what a loser you, her boyfriend are, and how they want to "Lick her like a lollipop." They sometimes meet up with them at da Clubs on GNO and grind them till their wet, on the dance floor.

B. The Gay Male Friend. This "man" this pseudo-male is the GREATEST thing that ever happened to all women of Earth. Once your girlfriend/fiancee/Wifey meets her gay male best friend, you can forget about sharing true intimacy with her, or making her your "best friend", or truly knowing her. Because all her deep secrets, her intimacy and her inner thoughts are shared with this fruitcake. They go to lunch, they LOVVVEEE to go shopping, and try on dresses and ****, and of course, he wants to drag her with him on Saturday nights to fag clubs, and dance with her, while whispering in her ear about "the cute boy in the Leather pants" and your gal gets her rocks off on trying to set him up, meanwhile, you are home watching "Blind Date" at 1am on Saturday night.

C. The AFC friends. These ones are like flies. They are all over, and endless, and though she isnt attracted, she gets off on their attention. They are the ones who send her flowers on Valentines day, and Xmas, ect. And she will compare these to what you get her.

And there you have it, gentlemen, in a handbasket!!!:wave:

HeadStrong

Reaction score
JackPrescott said:
This all sounds great but is fallacious. Here is your dose of Reality, fellas.

1. Money. Cash. Greenbacks. "De Benjamins." Dead Presidents. Yang Money. Whatever you want to call it, ALL women HB8 and above worship cash. They dont care about a quality man, or how good and decent a person he is as long as he can purchase them the Bling, and the shirts from Baby Phat.

2. Space. All women have this thing about having and needing space. If the sex sucks, that doesnt matter, as they can always purchase the "egg" vibrator and pleasure themselves. They need time and space to themselves and with their friends outside of the relationship. women dont want spontaneous trips to Vegas with the boyfriend, but with THEIR girlfriends. GNO baby, Girls only, the male can stay home and watch television while the gals are hittin' de Clubs, making out with each other in front of a table full of Frat Boys.

3. Male Friends. For some weird reason, almost "Twilight Zone" like, all women LOVE males as platonic friends. They have different levels of friends.

A. The "Platonic" Hott male that wants to fukk them. These are the "Playa" types, the "Latinoman" types, that live in the gym, have the sixx pack abs, and the fast cars and bikes, and they are texting at all hours of the day and night. These guys flirt incessantly, and constantly remind her what a loser you, her boyfriend are, and how they want to "Lick her like a lollipop." They sometimes meet up with them at da Clubs on GNO and grind them till their wet, on the dance floor.

B. The Gay Male Friend. This "man" this pseudo-male is the GREATEST thing that ever happened to all women of Earth. Once your girlfriend/fiancee/Wifey meets her gay male best friend, you can forget about sharing true intimacy with her, or making her your "best friend", or truly knowing her. Because all her deep secrets, her intimacy and her inner thoughts are shared with this fruitcake. They go to lunch, they LOVVVEEE to go shopping, and try on dresses and ****, and of course, he wants to drag her with him on Saturday nights to fag clubs, and dance with her, while whispering in her ear about "the cute boy in the Leather pants" and your gal gets her rocks off on trying to set him up, meanwhile, you are home watching "Blind Date" at 1am on Saturday night.

C. The AFC friends. These ones are like flies. They are all over, and endless, and though she isnt attracted, she gets off on their attention. They are the ones who send her flowers on Valentines day, and Xmas, ect. And she will compare these to what you get her.

And there you have it, gentlemen, in a handbasket!!!:wave:

You're talking about a specific type of woman, not all women. Some women think Baby Phat is for *****s.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
awesome thread

Francisco d'Anconia said:
[*]Understand your individual qualities which she enjoys that sustains her needs that constitutes her definition of a good relationship
for some reason, I never thought about doing this before. I've had her qualify her ideal guy but I've never asked her to qualify me in terms of her ideal

good stuff!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
awesome thread

for some reason, I never thought about doing this before. I've had her qualify her ideal guy but I've never asked her to qualify me in terms of her ideal

good stuff!
It's about synergy where the intersection points between two people are actually better than those points are left alone; much like intercourse. :p