Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The three second rule

Supermack

Reaction score
Whats up fellow bachelors,

I would like to tell you all about an amazing tip I learned at www.fastseduction.com and a short story about how I used it. This tip has literally become my bible for approaching women.

So the theory is called "The three second rule" it is an idea on removing all hesitation from a cold approach. The idea in a nutshell is: if your out in public and you see a hot woman you want to talk to you do not think about it and walk right up to her within three seconds, not know at all what your gonna say, and just say something. You begin to count three seconds right after you check out the woman, know she is hot, and the feeling of wanting to talk to her kicks in. If you wait longer than three seconds hesitation kicks in and one will make excuses for himself on why he should not approach a woman. The reason why this works is because your confidence in not thinking will outweigh what you are going to say to the woman you are approaching, and women can sense confidence very strongly.

Here is a short story on me using the three second rule...

I was on my lunch break from work and was walking into starbucks (a great place to meet 9's and 10's). As soon as I opened the door and entered there was a woman who was about to cross my path and leave. As soon as I saw her, I remembered immediatley "The three second rule" and I knew I had to say say something, ANYTHING. So I immediately thought to myself "oh sh** I have three seconds". Right before she crossed my path I said "Hey we almost crossed paths and I almost lost my chance to say hi." As soon as I said that she gave me the biggest smile ever, and the woman's friend (who was working at starbucks) noticed this and began to talk to me as well! So Gabriella, (the woman I approached) along with giving me a smile totally noticed my confidence during the split second of us just noticing each other and was drawn to me. She waited for me to make my coffee and even walked with me out of starbucks together! I think women feel a sense of "magic" when a guy does something different. I think this sense of "magic" comes from all of these love movie chick flicks that are playing nowadays. So I finished the conversation with an exit from my part (you must always make the exit to leave the woman wanting more) and said "I need to get going now, it was nice meeting you. Why dont you give me your number and maybe I'll give you a call." The 'I' gave myself the exit and 'maybe' left her with a sense of "Is he going to call me or not?!" Finally she was giving me her number and then I threw a test at her, and said "Wait a minute you do remember my name right?". Lucky for her she remembered it, and so I said "Good job you earned me getting your number." Thats what I like to call the flip technique, (a type of reverse psychology) getting a woman to think she's trying to get with you. She totally started laughing as soon as I said that! Then I finally said goodbye.

So the key here is no thinking allowed in "The Three second rule" because hesitation is a bi***. Even for someone like me, if I dont follow the three second rule it is natural for me to make excuses on not talking to women. So fellow bachelors, I hope you use the three second rule wisely and it changes your life as much as it has mine.

Why doesn't everyone thats reading this take it a step further try it, then comment on my blog on what happend?!

-Supermack

Supermack

Reaction score
My blog's down for maitenence for a little bit. Keep checking it periodically.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think instead it would be better for aspiring DJ's to man up and forget about all these stupid, overused and aged rules.

Just the name 'The three second rule' goes against everything that seduction is. Seduction is about freedom, it is an art and it should not be constrained by these superannuated rules. You do not want seduction to become an equation. The fact is that if waiting one minute is all it takes for you to start doubting yourself you are unlikely to get anywhere with a woman. If you have so little self confidence it will shine through even if you adhere to the three second rule. A man that is confident in himself and knows how to seduce a woman does not need to force himself to approach in fear that if he waits he will begin to doubt himself. A confident man does not need any rules to seduce a woman.

Take me for example, I buy a woman flowers sometimes. Apparently according to the seduction experts flowers are a no-no. At times I will be seeing a woman I have not slept with yet which I occasionally do with high worth women as I like to builds up an incredible amount of sexual tension. When I am seeing a woman I have not slept with if I know where she works I will have a dozen roses, lilies, carnations or irises sent to her. They love this, the feeling they get by showing the flowers off to all the women they work with. It keeps them thinking about you all day and when they see you that night they are ready to tear your clothes off.

Boiling seduction down to a bunch of rules negates the whole art.

The fact is if you are not confident enough to not doubt yourself then you should not be approaching women. If you are self doubting she will know it and you will not be so desirable. Then you get guys here posting about how the girl is flaky or seems uninterested. Of course she is flaky you are following a set of rules and forcing yourself to perform even when you have performance anxiety. The three second rule is a flawed concept; if you do not have the confidence to begin with faking it will not help. It will be the start of a downward spiral when the woman flakes and you start questioning your flaws incessantly.
What I find ironic is you make a post on how to be confident implying that you are extremely confident but then make a post about how you need to use ‘the three second rules’ or else you will begin to doubt yourself.

Like I said when I read your post about confidence it seems to me like you do not get many women but have opened a blog to make yourself feel like something you are not. Also man everybody knows about this rule you act as if you are bringing something new and revolutionary but all your post are regurgitated, aged concepts that many a guru before you has written and talked about. Get some new material.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NickBe, sometimes you talk a lot of sense. Grow up "supermack", for your own sake.

bachelor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with the two of you on this one. The three second rule is great because you block off all fears. Think about most people can put together a cold approach better on the spot. if you think about it too much its only gonna hurt you in the long run... You guys gotta stop hating

Norisman

Don Juan
Reaction score
NickBe you are spot on. If you don't have confidence with women it will definitely show after the first "3secs" of meeting. These guys (if they aren't the same person with multiple identities) are just regurgitating old information, sadly, they are trying to turn it into step-by-step calculus....

bachelor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
step by step supermack was just showing a situation where he used the 3 second rule and it worked for him... I used it at the bar this weekend check out my field reports on fast seduction...

bachelor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Norisman said:
NickBe you are spot on. If you don't have confidence with women it will definitely show after the first "3secs" of meeting. These guys (if they aren't the same person with multiple identities) are just regurgitating old information, sadly, they are trying to turn it into step-by-step calculus....
step by step supermack was just showing a situation where he used the 3 second rule and it worked for him... I used it at the bar this weekend check out my field reports on fast seduction... This is a post for the upper level macks because if you dont have confidence then the 3 second rule wont work... How is it regurgitating if you are writing about personal experiences isnt that what field reports are all about?

bachelor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NickBe said:
I think instead it would be better for aspiring DJ's to man up and forget about all these stupid, overused and aged rules.

Just the name 'The three second rule' goes against everything that seduction is. Seduction is about freedom, it is an art and it should not be constrained by these superannuated rules. You do not want seduction to become an equation. The fact is that if waiting one minute is all it takes for you to start doubting yourself you are unlikely to get anywhere with a woman. If you have so little self confidence it will shine through even if you adhere to the three second rule. A man that is confident in himself and knows how to seduce a woman does not need to force himself to approach in fear that if he waits he will begin to doubt himself. A confident man does not need any rules to seduce a woman.

Take me for example, I buy a woman flowers sometimes. Apparently according to the seduction experts flowers are a no-no. At times I will be seeing a woman I have not slept with yet which I occasionally do with high worth women as I like to builds up an incredible amount of sexual tension. When I am seeing a woman I have not slept with if I know where she works I will have a dozen roses, lilies, carnations or irises sent to her. They love this, the feeling they get by showing the flowers off to all the women they work with. It keeps them thinking about you all day and when they see you that night they are ready to tear your clothes off.

Boiling seduction down to a bunch of rules negates the whole art.

The fact is if you are not confident enough to not doubt yourself then you should not be approaching women. If you are self doubting she will know it and you will not be so desirable. Then you get guys here posting about how the girl is flaky or seems uninterested. Of course she is flaky you are following a set of rules and forcing yourself to perform even when you have performance anxiety. The three second rule is a flawed concept; if you do not have the confidence to begin with faking it will not help. It will be the start of a downward spiral when the woman flakes and you start questioning your flaws incessantly.
What I find ironic is you make a post on how to be confident implying that you are extremely confident but then make a post about how you need to use ‘the three second rules’ or else you will begin to doubt yourself.

Like I said when I read your post about confidence it seems to me like you do not get many women but have opened a blog to make yourself feel like something you are not. Also man everybody knows about this rule you act as if you are bringing something new and revolutionary but all your post are regurgitated, aged concepts that many a guru before you has written and talked about. Get some new material.

I agree with seduction being freedom but whatever works for other people let them use it... For some people the 3 second rule might push them to talk to that girl that they see on campus. I also agree with your flower thing if your pushing the dating envelope... I personally don't buy things for women unless I'm interested in them in a dating level. With that said, I think we can take Nickbe's Seduction Methods and the 3 second rule and make a universal game.

It's kinda like running different defensive schemes in football. Some might work towards a team and others might not work. Audibles are called on the field as way to change a play. I look at seduction and the 3 second rule in this lime light. I will push myself to approach a woman and if my 3 seconds fail then I wont do it. Were all here to give each other different approaches on women. I thought that was what being a mack was all about expanding your game?

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Why are you guys tearing down a guy that was nice enough to try to help others with a seduction technique that helped himself, and trying to prop up the rantings of a troll?
Because I think his advice is shallow in content and harmful to a lot of people. Maybe this rule works for him, but I can see a million guys without the underlying, necessary confidence trying to use this as another empty crutch -- and failing miserably because they don't understand the frame behind it.

sexybeast

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever I enter a bar/club within the first 3 seconds I start having FUN. Thats my 3 second rule.

On Point

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're missing/ignoring the point. When guys are starting out with this the 3 second rule helps them get into a conversation. Once they have a couple and realize they can do this it *builds* their confidence.

I agree that it takes more than memorizing a bunch of rules, but if you take them in the context they're intended they are helpful.

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree because they are forced into conversation they are not equipped to handle so they inadvertently show their lack of confidence and the woman flakes. Then we get masses of these guys showing up here saying 'I need help she flaked, why?' and it hurts their confidence.

If instead they develop confidence first they do not need the 3 second rule.

OrdinaryMadness

Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend swears by the 3 Second Rule. He told me that he was able to approach every girl at a party w/ the 3SR (combined w/ C-F) and even said it helps him on street PU as well.

For me, I overthink way too much and cold approach is very difficult for me. I've done cold approach along with 3SR and most of the time I'm struggling to keep the convo going or I just end up looking like an idiot w/ a blank stare.

Any methods on how to just "shut" my brain off and go with the flow?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you develop confidence if you don't have the confidence to do this sh1t in the first place?

The three second rule can get you rolling to build the confidence of "hey that wasn't so bad."

A lot of you guys have the expectation of everyone just magically WILLING themselves to have confidence. It doesn't work that way.

I know in most sports I work better on autopilot than I do thinking about the play i'm about to make. I'm more likely to drop a high lazy fly ball than I am sprinting 20 yards catching a line drive full stride. One situation I just do it, the other I start to think about it.

NickBe said:
If instead they develop confidence first they do not need the 3 second rule.
HOW? With your logic we shouldn't do anything because if we fail we might hurt our confidence... yet if we do nothing then we can never gain confidence because we have no achievements. Hell I'd get more confidence failing a pickup just because of "hey rejection isn't so bad. I thought it'd be worse."

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's not it at all, don't get me wrong I understand the concept of gaining confidence by forcing yourself to do thing but is a flawed confidence. For an example lets use fighting, if you are afraid of fighting but you force yourself to fight sure you might lose your fear of fighting but at what price. You could get killed along the way, a well placed blow to the jaw could very well snap your neck.

Now seduction won't get you killed physically but emotionally. I do not imagine getting emotionally beat up by every woman you approach will aid you in your journey to become a DJ.

So what must one do to climb to the top of the ladder? learn to fight before you take on the champion.

It's not the movies things do not just fall into place. The 3 second rule looks fine in print on the pages of thousands of seduction books. In the field it work so well. I think it is damaging advice. Why not instead of forcing yourself into a situation that is over your head would you not first try to endow yourself with the power to handle that situation like a pro? If a person builds his confidence which is not a hard thing to do then he does not need to force himself to approach. You can build your confidence by working out, dressing well thousands of little things you can tweak and strengthen.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NickBe said:
You can build your confidence by working out, dressing well thousands of little things you can tweak and strengthen.
I agree. Confidence is probably the main subject on this site. And men are looking for the ultimate proof that you have confidence: a hot chick.

So instead of focusing on that confidence, and realizing how great it is to feel better and better about yourself... they go straight to the end goal: the girl.

It's like missing the forest for the trees. You need to step back and put this stuff in a larger perspective. ( It's not like I'm above this, I still have things I'm working on yet here I am posting about women. :rolleyes: )

Now a guy who TRULY has his shyt together, in ALL aspects of his life (or at least is dedicated to improving everyday) is not going to see women as a major thing. An important thing, but not a MAJOR thing. This guy may need a little help with learning to start conversations with total strangers, but after a little crash course in communication skills... I would imagine this man would do quite well for himself.

karusel

Don Juan
Reaction score
NickBe said:
A man that is confident in himself and knows how to seduce a woman does not need to force himself to approach in fear that if he waits he will begin to doubt himself. A confident man does not need any rules to seduce a woman.
Also, the man you describe does not come here to seek advice.