The suppressed alpha

Raven0211

Reaction score
So I just picked up Rollo Tomassi's book "The Rational Male" and it is without a doubt the one book every man needs to read. As I have gotten older I realized there was something fundamentally wrong with how society teaches young boys (including myself) to deal with women. I, like many other young guys, was taught to be the nice guy, the knight in shining armor, and that was what women wanted. So I played the role. I suppressed the Alpha I was because I was told that being an ******* was bad and that's not what would work with girls. I internalized this to the point where I became full on beta when it came to women. I was usually the alpha in my friend group so girls were attracted to me throughout most of my life, but then the beta mask came on and let's just say I didn't get laid until after high school. I didn't understand the dynamic so I was lost. As I've gotten older I've gotten much better because I learned that it's not only ok to be Alpha (or an ******* as women would sometimes call it) but it's necessary. My dad is a true Alpha, I was raised in a house where my dad ran things, so fundamentally I believe I have an alpha mindset (honest assessment), but he didn't play to role of teacher often so instead I learned game from society (the feminine dominated society). Therefore, although I have in recent years overcome the "beta way" of interacting with women, and now thanks to Rollo I have a deeper understanding of men-women social dynamics, I find myself lacking in game (at least in a specific circumstance). When I'm around my buddies I'm golden, again usually I'm the Alpha (it also helps being a big dude in excellent shape), and there have been instances where girls I have never met would literally fight over me (I'm no slouch on the dance floor either), but when it comes to one on one interactions I'm lost. I'm not too sure why, maybe it's just not something I have practiced enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hopeless, but I'm not as effective as I want to be. Which brings me to my next concern. Now that I'm 25 and living in a new town, I'm having to strike out on my own (haven't made any new real friends yet). Honestly I don't mind going out alone, but I'm finding it hard to meet women when I go out by myself. In part because I'm more use to women coming to me and going out alone comes with its challenges (like possibly looking like a creeper because you're alone). I get a lot of "so why are you by yourself?" From women I approach or who have enough courage to approach me. So my talking game is poor and I have no back up, not a good combo. Any advice or good books I can read to help develop a true game? I've come across a few popular books but I would like your guys' take on which one is actually worth dedicating the time to read. Thanks!

One more thing: since you guys are helping me out (and I really appreciate that), I would also like to impart some advice (for those you could use it). Start working out! I know for some of you it may be hard to get in the habit of going to the gym but it's worth it, it'll make a significant positive impact in all areas of your life. And it should go without saying that women love it when you have a nice body. I'm sure there are guys out there perfectly capable of pulling without spending a minute in the gym, but man the difference in how bad they want you when you do get them is crazy. Seriously girls were fighting for me on the dance floor, happened on multiple occasions, and this is without proper game. By the way I haven't always been a big in shape dude so I have noticed the difference. Anyway, so if your game is not so good it can give you a big step up, and if your game is on point it would probably make you irresistible. Good luck!